Woman weighed like baggage before flight!

marylander1940

OP note: When it comes to small planes weight matters and it must be distributed around it. I didn't even know luggage scales were able to weigh a person. 

This raises other questions in this era: Should overweight passengers pay an extra fee or buy 2 tickets? 

AA1bAvn8.img?h=315&w=600&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=
WWW.MSN.COM

*A traveler hit up TikTok to post a video of a Black woman being weighed on a baggage scale before she could board the plane. "The whole airport trying to mind their...

Unfortunately this thread about the pleasures of flying is too old and can't be bumped.

Weight matter on helicopters too.  Many years ago my partner and I took a helicopter to Heron Island in Australlia.  We were only allowed one piece of luggage and the luggage as well as both of us were weighed one at a time but not on a baggage scale.  There were lockers available for extra luggage so you could pick it up when returning.

3 hours ago, dbar123 said:

If we are going to start weighing people and charging them for 2 seats, them airlines should impose height limits as well and make unusually tall people sit in the premium section so others can recline their seats

Tall people don't waste more fuel and effect overall weight & balance... Overweight people do. 

That's the bottom line when flying in smaller aircraft or helicopters.

However, larger people who can't fit into one seat in commercial aircraft should be required to purchase a second seat. 

20 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

OP note: When it comes to small planes weight matters and it must be distributed around it. I didn't even know luggage scales were able to weigh a person. 

This raises other questions in this era: Should overweight passengers pay an extra fee or buy 2 tickets? 

AA1bAvn8.img?h=315&w=600&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=
WWW.MSN.COM

*A traveler hit up TikTok to post a video of a Black woman being weighed on a baggage scale before she could board the plane. "The whole airport trying to mind their...

Unfortunately this thread about the pleasures of flying is too old and can't be bumped.

Anorexic passengers and midgets and dwarfs should get a discount.  Open up purging lounges in the airport to allow a place for passengers to regurgitate their stomachs before weigh in for flights on budget airlines.

Obese Passenger: United Airlines Should Make Wider Aisles – It Is Guilty Of Discrimination Against “Plus-Sized” People

United-Airlines-Obese-Discrimination.jpg
LIVEANDLETSFLY.COM

An obese passenger has accused United Airlines of discrimination, claiming the aisles are too narrow for her. 

They let her use a baggage scale?  When I get weighed at the airport they flop me into a canvas sling and hoist me with a crane.  But seriously, any time I have been on a helicopter I have been weighed discreetly - what hasn't been discreet is when they put me on the conveyer belt and squeeze me through the x-ray machine.

I can recall having been weighed for some small plane flights as well. I can't remember which ones. Maybe the small plane which goes from Provincetown to Boston? Anyone here remember if that's one of those flights?

46 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

I can recall having been weighed for some small plane flights as well. I can't remember which ones. Maybe the small plane which goes from Provincetown to Boston? Anyone here remember if that's one of those flights?

I don’t recollect that particular route…but for the small floatplanes in the Pacific Northwest you’ll almost always get weighed. Seattle, Vancouver, up/down British Columbia and Alaska I’ve flown in float planes and been weighed.

I’ve been weighted getting on small planes all over the world.

It’s not a big deal. As others have said, it’s a simple matter of air safety.

Well that, plus according to the article, that fat ass bitch told them she only weighted #130.
Are you fucking kidding me? I wouldn’t get on a small plane without weighing that lying heifer either. 

6 hours ago, MikeBiDude said:

I don’t recollect that particular route…but for the small floatplanes in the Pacific Northwest you’ll almost always get weighed. Seattle, Vancouver, up/down British Columbia and Alaska I’ve flown in float planes and been weighed.

Especially for this type.

BB826F66-2F5E-45DC-B131-BB0967E294FB.jpeg

Edited by SirBillybob

I haven't flown on a small plane for decades. But back in the day, when I was flying in places like Hawaii, the Caribbean and in Canada in remote places on small planes, we were never weighed. But then we were very fit and height and weight proportionate.  

In those days I was 5'11", 160 pounds and had a 30 inch waist. Same with my boyfriend although he was an inch taller. I think they just took one look at us and gave us a pass.

On 5/25/2023 at 6:26 AM, nycman said:

I’ve been weighted getting on small planes all over the world.

It’s not a big deal. As others have said, it’s a simple matter of air safety.

Well that, plus according to the article, that fat ass bitch told them she only weighted #130.
Are you fucking kidding me? I wouldn’t get on a small plane without weighing that lying heifer either. 

that "fat ass bitch" at least gave birth, what excuse do men have? 

Picture courtesy of @56harrisond

Screenshot_20230524-213935.thumb.png.7a7

Edited by marylander1940

On 5/25/2023 at 6:26 AM, nycman said:

I've been weighted getting on small planes all over the world.

Same here.

I've visited a lot of remote locations that can only accept small prop planes. They weigh both you and your luggage toegther. It's not a big deal when you're not already embarrassed by your obesity.

• 2 months later...
7915617c32a760bec526abaf7fb77bae
NEWS.YAHOO.COM

Emergency services had to take a door off and hoist a passenger out of their first-class seat on a British Airways flight from...

A plus-sized British Airways passenger got stuck in a first-class seat after his flight landed in the UK from Nigeria early on Saturday morning, The Sun reported.

1 hour ago, Vulgarii said:

...There still isn't any love for fat men and obese male models among all that modern fat body positivity bullshit.

2 hours ago, Vulgarii said:

I'm so tired of hearing about fat women. They're so annoying, pathetic, and entitled.

There still isn't any love for fat men and obese male models among all that modern fat body positivity bullshit.

I doubt it!

Plenty of posters are overweight and in many threads on the subject they talk about how lucky they get with men who are attracted to them or simply want to try someone with a different body type!