Social media are agreed that the two hottest studs at the coronation on Saturday were Johnny Thompson and Oliver Plunkett.  Johnny is equerry to Charles and accompanies him everywhere.   He walked directly behind Charles at the coronation.  He was first noticed during Queen Elizabeth's funeral as the chief officer.  He always wears a kilt; there is no known photo of him in pants.  Ollie Plunkett is Camilla's new equerry; he walked directly behind her at the coronation.   He was at Westminster Abbey with Kate for Christmas carols.  The British royals, whether Margaret, Anne, Charles, or Camilla seem able to find the best looking guys in the military to be their equerries.  Lots of photos on TikTok and Youtube and Daily Mail, among many others.

Absolutely agree about Johnny Thompson. I figured he was an equerry to Charles but had never seen him before. Just such a stunning figure and very quiet and self assured in his movements.

I was transfixed every time the camera caught him walking behind the king. To me he was the star of the coronation.

Edited by Luv2play

20 hours ago, bashful said:

Apologies for veering off topic, but did you see this today...

The only reason I think I know what they're trying to sing is that I remember mispronouncing the name of Regina, Saskatchewan when I visited there. I was corrected, fist pounding on table 😉 that it's "Regina, rhyming with Vagina", not ra-GEEN-a, is in Geena Davis. Far be it but to insult Her Royal Majesty. So they are singing "I love Regina Camila!" right? Hail to the new Queen of Canada! 👑

5 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

The only reason I think I know what they're trying to sing is that I remember mispronouncing the name of Regina, Saskatchewan when I visited there. I was corrected, fist pounding on table 😉 that it's "Regina, rhyming with Vagina", not ra-GEEN-a, is in Geena Davis. Far be it but to insult Her Royal Majesty. So they are singing "I love Regina Camila!" right? Hail to the new Queen of Canada! 👑

I do remember hearing Canadians pronounce it to rhyme with vagina.  The classical pronounciation is re-gee-na, with a hard "g."

2 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Queen Camila's 5th great grandparents were Canadian and lived not too far from where I live. In fact they are buried in a local church graveyard which dates back to 1796. The father was a United Empire Loyalist who fled to Canada after the American Revolution. 

I believe she is the first Queen of Canada descended from Canadians.

19 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Not a Latin expert by any means, but I think what they were shouting was 'Vivat Regina Camilla', which I think means 'Long Live Queen Camilla'.  Or perhaps, 'Long Live Camilla's Vagina' 

22 minutes ago, marylander1940 said:

Worst seat in the coronation!

NYPICHPDPICT000010687572.jpg?quality=75&

prince-harrys-view-obscured-by-princess-

Next coronation (if he's invited) I would suggest more feathers!

That had to have been intentional...

2 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

Not a Latin expert by any means, but I think what they were shouting was 'Vivat Regina Camilla', which I think means 'Long Live Queen Camilla'.  Or perhaps, 'Long Live Camilla's Vagina' 

Thanks. You're probably right, but that has got to be the worst pronunciation of Latin, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Luv2play said:

Maybe she was trying to cast him in the shade since he is ahead of her in the Royal Succession.

Over my dead body.

It will be a cold day in hell when that c-nt sits on the throne.

(and just to be clear I’m talking about Harry’s c-nt, not HRH Princess Anne’s)

Edited by nycman

59 minutes ago, nycman said:

Over my dead body.

It will be a cold day in hell when that c-nt sits on the throne.

(and just to be clear I’m talking about Harry’s c-nt, not HRH Princess Anne’s)

You need not worry. The chances that William will be succeeded by anyone other than George is close to zero, and that all three of William's children, or any future ones, would die or otherwise be excluded to make way for the Duke of Sussex (or his children), is so remote as not to be considered seriously.

7 hours ago, Njguy2 said:

The person with the Red feather helmet/hat sitting in front of Harry  is actually Princess Anne.

Well, at 72, she should stop behaving like a kindergartner with that hat/snub. I definitely no fan of Harry's. I find his behavior also very boorish. However, wearing that hat was extremely childish.

33 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

Well, at 72, she should stop behaving like a kindergartner with that hat/snub.

She’s the Princess Royal darling…..you honest think
she knew or cared about who was sitting behind her?

Especially a common LA showgirl like Harry?

"Not bloody likely".