CompanyOfMen.org - New Domain Name Effective Sunday March 27, 2022

RadioRob

I'm assuming most everyone has seen the effort underway over the last few weeks to slowly start transitioning us to our new domain name.  

https://www.companyofmen.org 

Starting on March 27, 2022, the new domain will be fully live and will be the "default" site.  

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR SITE USERNAME/PASSWORD!  When the domain changes, your browser will not automatically link it's saved version of your password with the new domain.  So the first time you access the site after the change, you will need to login again.  

If you do not remember your password, you will be able to reset it when you attempt to login.  And if that does not work...  just use the "Contact Us" link on the bottom of any page to send me a message.  I'll be happy to help manually reset your password for you.  

The new domain as of right now is a redirect to www.companyofmen.org.  Starting on Sunday, the opposite will take place...  www.companyofmen.org will be the primary domain and www.companyofmen.org will be a redirect.  

I've setup the redirect logic to not only handle the homepage, but ALL pages.  For example:

https://www.companyofmen.org/forum/110-site-news/

This will automatically redirect you to https://www.companyofmen.org/forum/110-site-news/ and the opposite will be true when I flip the logic.  

If you have any questions, please let me know.  

12 hours ago, RadioRob said:

I'm assuming most everyone has seen the effort underway over the last few weeks to slowly start transitioning us to our new domain name.  

https://www.companyofmen.org 

Starting on March 27, 2022, the new domain will be fully live and will be the "default" site.  

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR SITE USERNAME/PASSWORD!  When the domain changes, your browser will not automatically link it's saved version of your password with the new domain.  So the first time you access the site after the change, you will need to login again.  

If you do not remember your password, you will be able to reset it when you attempt to login.  And if that does not work...  just use the "Contact Us" link on the bottom of any page to send me a message.  I'll be happy to help manually reset your password for you.  

The new domain as of right now is a redirect to www.companyofmen.org.  Starting on Sunday, the opposite will take place...  www.companyofmen.org will be the primary domain and www.companyofmen.org will be a redirect.  

I've setup the redirect logic to not only handle the homepage, but ALL pages.  For example:

https://www.companyofmen.org/forum/110-site-news/

This will automatically redirect you to https://www.companyofmen.org/forum/110-site-news/ and the opposite will be true when I flip the logic.  

If you have any questions, please let me know.  

@RadioRob is there a way to make this message @ ID/PW more prominent (banner at top)?   I suspect many members need to see this and won't in this forum....

Just to be clear...

In the example given at the top of the login page, I had noticed each word was capitalized.  That was the basis of the question...so I think you're saying capitals are not required and it can be typed all lower case?    thanks

29 minutes ago, ButchAtl said:

Just to be clear...

In the example given at the top of the login page, I had noticed each word was capitalized.  That was the basis of the question...so I think you're saying capitals are not required and it can be typed all lower case?    thanks

That is correct.  You could type CoMpAnYoFmEn.CoM if you like.  I had capitalized it because I thought it looked better in the announcement basically.  That's all.  :)

This is not unique to us...  all domain names are case insensitive.  Now...  web servers can be configured to make files and folders be case sensitive, but we don't.  

I think I have all of the major items fixed.  

The only thing left still in progress are a few "backend" things such as moving all of the uploaded attachments to the new URL, fixing the VPN to use the new domain name, etc.  

I've submitted requests for Google to crawl the new address and I've put 301 PERMANENT redirects in place so that users continue to get here if they used the old address.  Google typically takes several weeks to re-crawl the site, so don't be surprised if you don't immediately find us in the search results yet with the new address.  (The old ones will naturally disappear as google updates it's index.)

New site looks great!  But Norton Web Safe blocks it.  Norton allows subscribers to dispute this webpage block which I have done.  The online dispute form asks for a site content description from a drop-down-list. I selected "Adult Content".  There were other options such as Social Networking, Dating, Educational, etc. but I figured Adult Content was pretty close.  The automated Norton response said that it could take a couple days for my dispute to be processed.  Meanwhile, I disabled the Norton extension on my web browser.

image.png.0c03a7c3e5197eac0ca23c3d8e65d4d4.png

image.png.c2db10e8072975a6b93636b0935c8517.png

Edited by SundayZip

25 minutes ago, Phlmuscle said:

I don't see a customized menu. I'm on a MacBook Pro. I did increase it though by zooming in. I'm good for now.

It's one of the icons at the top right of the screen, in the row that includes the Notifications and PM icons. It's the second from the right. Hover the cursor over them and what they are for shows up. When you click on it a box appears with the available background, but if you scroll down in it there's a font size option.

Edit - what @latbear4blk said!

I reset a new password and got back in. I had forgotten the password because I had previously for a very long time clicked ‘sign in’ and my user name and password came up on its own as if the site had a memory of me; very convenient, even whenever I had cleared the browser history. Is there a way for that shortcut to work again? BTW, I only want to be logged in when active on the site, so remaining logged in as a solution won’t work for me.