CompanyOfMen.org - New Domain Name Effective Sunday March 27, 2022

RadioRob

9 minutes ago, SirBIllybob said:

I reset a new password and got back in. I had forgotten the password because I had previously for a very long time clicked ‘sign in’ and my user name and password came up on its own as if the site had a memory of me; very convenient, even whenever I had cleared the browser history. Is there a way for that shortcut to work again? BTW, I only want to be logged in when active on the site, so remaining logged in as a solution won’t work for me. 

All you have to do is access your user names and passwords stored in your computer and/or browser memory, and use for the new site the ones you were using for the old one. At least that is what I did. I do not know 99% of my passwords.

14 minutes ago, latbear4blk said:

All you have to do is access your user names and passwords stored in your computer and/or browser memory, and use for the new site the ones you were using for the old one. At least that is what I did. I do not know 99% of my passwords.

I got it to work now by ‘save password’, so username and password are now coming up automatically, but I never willingly save my password when prompted for any site, because I feel more secure always needing to enter it, so I don’t know why the shortcut got set for M4M previously or GG currently. Maybe I saved password by mistake on one occasion and it held. I had always assumed that after many logins perhaps my browser just recognized the site and the entry specifications were automated so I could bypass typing them. Not a big deal. A Luddite like me must trade off comprehension desire for usability. 

Edited by SirBIllybob

Had a hell of a time remembering my password.  Had to try several different possibilities until I finally hit on the correct one - from that point on it worked like a charm.  A number of recent changes that have been made here I have felt were unnecessary and were done simply for change sake.  However, I must, in all fairness, say that I, very much, like the new site format -- GOOD JOB. 

Edited by Epigonos

On my Android phone in white background, the icons are just vertical rectangles with an 'x' inside. However, when I change to black background (stumbling upon the lightbulb icon that does that), all the icons show as they should. I prefer white background. I have not turned on my desktop yet to see how it's doing with this. Ideas??  Thanks a lot. 

Maybe it's just me, but I could not log in using my old password.  I clicked the forgot password link, was sent an email, and then logged in creating a new password.  Problem is I use this site on two different computers, and the new password wouldn't work on my second computer, using either my email address or user name.  So I clicked "forgot password" again and clicked the link in the email and logged back in, setting a new password.  I hope the next time I try to access the site it logs me in automatically or at least accepts the password I enter.

21 minutes ago, maninsoma said:

Maybe it's just me, but I could not log in using my old password.  I clicked the forgot password link, was sent an email, and then logged in creating a new password.  Problem is I use this site on two different computers, and the new password wouldn't work on my second computer, using either my email address or user name.  So I clicked "forgot password" again and clicked the link in the email and logged back in, setting a new password.  I hope the next time I try to access the site it logs me in automatically or at least accepts the password I enter.

If you have any problems, use the Contact Us and let me know what password you want. I’ll manually reset it for you. 

On 3/27/2022 at 2:01 PM, azdr0710 said:

On my Android phone in white background, the icons are just vertical rectangles with an 'x' inside. However, when I change to black background (stumbling upon the lightbulb icon that does that), all the icons show as they should. I prefer white background. I have not turned on my desktop yet to see how it's doing with this. Ideas??  Thanks a lot. 

my concern seems to have fixed itself - or something.....all good now.......thanks to @RadioRob for all your work......

I took the same skin that was working for everyone else and imported it again.  This forced a new set of system file ID's and file names to be generated.  Because there was a new filename, there was nothing that could be served from cache.  Instead of waiting for browser caches to expire and ISP caching that might get crazy, this let me work around them and force the update.

This change was done about 20 minutes ago, so if it happened in the last few minutes...  that was the reason why.  

Rob...  still the fixer of broken things.  

On 3/27/2022 at 8:58 AM, SundayZip said:

New site looks great!  But Norton Web Safe blocks it.  Norton allows subscribers to dispute this webpage block which I have done.  The online dispute form asks for a site content description from a drop-down-list. I selected "Adult Content".  There were other options such as Social Networking, Dating, Educational, etc. but I figured Adult Content was pretty close.  The automated Norton response said that it could take a couple days for my dispute to be processed.  Meanwhile, I disabled the Norton extension on my web browser.

image.png.0c03a7c3e5197eac0ca23c3d8e65d4d4.png

image.png.c2db10e8072975a6b93636b0935c8517.png

I submitted a request to Norton to unblock it.  The official message says it can take 48 hours to get a response, but in Google searching this a bit more...  many people have reported Norton just not taking action at all.

So please continue to report it.  The more people that submit reports, the more likely it is that they'll take action.  In the mean time, the following article explains how to whitelist a site without fully disabling Norton:

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-do-i-unblock-a-website-from-norton-360

My personal belief is Norton is penalizing the site because the domain is newly registered.  Certain malicious actors do their bad stuff through the use of new throw away domains.  So as the name ages a bit, it should make it easier on these systems.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest MikeThomas
15 minutes ago, RadioRob said:

The redirect appears to be working fine for me.  I'm not seeing a drop in referrer traffic either.  Are you still seeing this problem?

I’m getting this. Should move to the new name anyway. It was just easier to use the old one 😊

3B3E44B9-0773-477F-861C-29264917C42A.png

Guest MikeThomas
2 hours ago, RadioRob said:

Hummm...  I've manually pulled the redirect and re-added it back again.  Did that resolve it for you?

Yes, thanks.