Hugh Hefner's Playboy Bunnies' heartbreaking confessions - from abuse to humiliating sex rituals

marylander1940

On 1/23/2022 at 4:13 PM, BSR said:

Again, if they were slipped drugs without their knowledge or consent, I would change my tune.  But it sounds like the women took quaaludes voluntarily, whether to get high or to get through the trauma of sex with the creepy geriatric. 

To be clear, I am not judging these women for being part of Hefner's bizarre sex harem.  I am judging them for trying to portray themselves as victims when the reality is they were adults who could have walked away whenever they chose to.

Young very attractive actresses such as Rita Hayworth, Marilyn Monroe, Kim Novak were often propositioned by stuido big shots.

To suggest that women associated with Hugh Hefner were not propositioned against their will during the same years is unusual

Edited by WilliamM

What’s clear here is that all these gay men have no clue – no clue – what it’s like to be a woman caught up in the world of men’s power. It’s rather sickening to see how you talk about it. Women face unspeakable, unimaginable hurdles that men – even flamboyant gay men – don’t ever face. To suggest that a woman in a system built by centuries of patriarchy to keep her under men can just assert herself and extricate herself from it without potentially equal-or-worse negative consequences underscores your blindness to the very nature of male privilege. There’s a reason these women keep a lot of this stuff quiet so long, not the least of it being the trauma that comes along with abuse. This thread reeks of male insensitivity to the real objectified plight of women in this world as “objects” of male dominance and manipulation. 

10 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

I hope you're never in juror in a rape trial because I doubt you'll feel sympathetic towards the victim/accuser.  

I've been sexually assaulted twice as a young man. So pretty familiar with the difference between actual sexual assault and next day regret.

21 minutes ago, xyz48B said:

What’s clear here is that all these gay men have no clue – no clue – what it’s like to be a woman caught up in the world of men’s power. It’s rather sickening to see how you talk about it. Women face unspeakable, unimaginable hurdles that men – even flamboyant gay men – don’t ever face. To suggest that a woman in a system built by centuries of patriarchy to keep her under men can just assert herself and extricate herself from it without potentially equal-or-worse negative consequences underscores your blindness to the very nature of male privilege. There’s a reason these women keep a lot of this stuff quiet so long, not the least of it being the trauma that comes along with abuse. This thread reeks of male insensitivity to the real objectified plight of women in this world as “objects” of male dominance and manipulation. 

Could we pull back from the gender studies theory and focus instead on the specifics of this case?  What exactly prevented these women from saying "no" or "stop" and then leaving?

The Playboy Organization probably offered the most money for nude modeling, for cocktail waitressing, and for other non-specific hostessing at the Clubs and the mansion. 

In the 1960s-80’s, a lot of women would have unnecessarily put up with being forced into sex with management, patrons and others, but the money (and/or promises of stardom) made it very hard for them to see things clearly. They have every right to speak up now. I have the right not to watch the program…

There is a big difference between being sexually harassed when going for a mainstream job.  If you are seeking a part on a non-X rated movie, you shouldn't have to put up with harassment as part of the casting process.  I recently started watching some videos of a guy who did some mainstream modeling in his 20s and he also talks about harassment and unwanted physical touching by photographers.  It isn't just women who get put in a position of wondering whether they should go along with something they don't want to do in order to get work.  All of that is deplorable, and I acknowledge that this likely does happen to women a lot more often than men.

I think what some of us are struggling with here is that we're not talking about trying to get work as a mainstream actor or model.  Anyone who wanted to live/work in the Playboy mansion who didn't understand what she was getting into wasn't thinking about reality.  How old does someone need to be before we can expect them to have a reasonable level of intelligence such that they wouldn't even pursue an "opportunity" like that unless they wanted to subject themselves to being treated as a sex object?  To complain afterwords just seems disingenuous; the time to not find yourself in that position is to avoid it from the get-go.  Again, I'm not saying that Hefner was a role model but, absent evidence that he actually forced women to do things against their will, I don't see his behavior as any different than many of us here who have hired men apart from his much larger stash of cash that allowed him to do it on a much grander scale.

13 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

I've been sexually assaulted twice as a young man. So pretty familiar with the difference between actual sexual assault and next day regret.

I'm sorry to hear you're a rape survivor which is the term use now a days to describe your painful experiences. I don't think having gone through those 2 horrible experiences and being familiar about the circumstances rape happens gives you the ability to tell if another rape survivor or an entire group of women in this case are saying the truth or simply out for revenge or money. 

Edited by marylander1940

4 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

I don't think having gone through those 2 horrible experiences and being familiar about the circumstances rape happens gives you the ability to tell if another rape survivor or an entire group of women in this case are saying the truth or simply out for revenge or money. 

I think it does give me insight to how people do ( or don't ) process sexual abuse

For example I never said they were "horrible". You made that assumption because you jumped to a conclusion about the circumstances . 

3 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

I think it does give me insight to how people do ( or don't ) process sexual abuse

For example I never said they were "horrible". You made that assumption because you jumped to a conclusion about the circumstances . 

I've always thought of rape as a horrible experience. 

9 minutes ago, marylander1940 said:

I've always thought of rape as a horrible experience. 

No one likes being forced into something they don't want to do....but I'd say there were plenty of more horrible things I've experienced in my life.

I also had the common sense to confront the person who roofied me shortly afterwards and got my revenge by publicly exposing him. 

So it was over and done with no emotional scars.

Edited by pubic_assistance

On 1/24/2022 at 9:35 PM, pubic_assistance said:

THIS all day long. I would HATE to be a str8 man in today's world. A chick gets upset that she said yes and all of a sudden, your world is upside down and you're accused of something you NEVER DID! And "believe women" is a crock of BS!

5 hours ago, Todd Jenkins said:

I would HATE to be a str8 man in today's world.

I remember in High School....it wasn't uncommon for the girls to guilt-trip the boys the morning after for "going-all-the-way."  Although we were somewhat promiscuous given the religious community we lived, we were all gentlemen about it and we all knew better than to coerce the girls into anything more than they were willing to do. I never once pushed any girl beyond what she was leading me to get into...but multiple times, I got attitude that I had the next day. This is a real problem for men these days. When you can suffer serious consequences for a difference of opinion about who made the first move.

6 hours ago, Todd Jenkins said:

THIS all day long. I would HATE to be a str8 man in today's world. A chick gets upset that she said yes and all of a sudden, your world is upside down and you're accused of something you NEVER DID! And "believe women" is a crock of BS!

No, you would love to be a straight men in today's world with so many women available in the big cities and sex just a couple of dates away.

1 hour ago, pubic_assistance said:

I remember in High School....it wasn't uncommon for the girls to guilt-trip the boys the morning after for "going-all-the-way."  Although we were somewhat promiscuous given the religious community we lived, we were all gentlemen about it and we all knew better than to coerce the girls into anything more than they were willing to do. I never once pushed any girl beyond what she was leading me to get into...but multiple times, I got attitude that I had the next day. This is a real problem for men these days. When you can suffer serious consequences for a difference of opinion about who made the first move.

the odds are against the woman and the guy is very likely to not even spend one night in jail. 

Back to subject I'm still amazed about how easily some blamed the bunnies because when they signed up to pose naked "they had it coming"... 

6 hours ago, Todd Jenkins said:

It’s terrible. That’s why Rikers is overrun with preppy white inmates with bogus rape charges. 

Oh wait. 

3 hours ago, xyz48B said:

The willingness to dismiss out of hand the claim that a wealthy male sex icon would take advantage of his position for sex for his own gratification is indicative of the very systemic poison itself of patriarchy and misogyny. 

Please, enough of the gender studies theory.  I keep asking you what exactly prevented these women from saying "no" or "stop" and then leaving.  Your refusal to respond to that question indicates that you don't like the answer.