Hugh Hefner's Playboy Bunnies' heartbreaking confessions - from abuse to humiliating sex rituals

marylander1940

2 minutes ago, xyz48B said:

That in itself is likely illegal – at worth exploring in the court of law given the circumstances.

”Sounds like?” Sounds like you’re assuming, and we determined assumptions in this thread aren’t allowed.

Is there a reasons, @BSR, that you’re so invested in defending Hugh Hefner? 

I am not defending Hefner as much as I am defending presumption of innocence.  Let me rephrase:  to date, no evidence has come out that Hefner made those photos/videos public (which would be a crime) or that he used the threat of publishing them to coerce his "girlfriends" to do things they didn't want to do (also a crime).  If he kept a scrapbook for his personal viewing pleasure, that's not a crime.

Also, I oppose the Cult of Victimhood.  I hate people who play the victim because they refuse to take responsibility for their lives.  Hefner's girlfriends were free to say no and were free to leave.  They made choices that they regret.  They were not victims of the patriarchy or the creepy gross geriatric.  They were victims of their own bad decisions.

19 minutes ago, BSR said:

Also, I oppose the Cult of Victimhood.  I hate people who play the victim because they refuse to take responsibility for their lives.  Hefner's girlfriends were free to say no and were free to leave.  They made choices that they regret.  They were not victims of the patriarchy or the creepy gross geriatric.  They were victims of their own bad decisions.

Sometimes people are victims even when they think they know what they’re doing. Sometimes you get so far into something you can’t say no or leave. Sometimes you have no control over your own life. People need defenders when that’s the case. Or minimally they need help and support.

By your logic someone in a marriage with an abusive spouse should own up to their bad decision to get married and say that the abuse is ultimately their fault because they made a poor choice to get married. Even if said abusive spouse was charming and pleasant pre-marriage. Or that it’s the abused’s fault because they don’t just say no and leave. 

Edited by xyz48B

59 minutes ago, xyz48B said:

Sometimes people are victims even when they think they know what they’re doing. Sometimes you get so far into something you can’t say no or leave. Sometimes you have no control over your own life. People need defenders when that’s the case. Or minimally they need help and support.

By your logic someone in a marriage with an abusive spouse should own up to their bad decision to get married and say that the abuse is ultimately their fault because they made a poor choice to get married. Even if said abusive spouse was charming and pleasant pre-marriage. Or that it’s the abused’s fault because they don’t just say no and leave. 

Since each situation is different with its own unique circumstances, I cannot make any generalizations about all women in abusive marriages.  I do know that abuse doesn't just start one day out of the wild blue yonder.  Troubling behaviors usually precede the start of physical beatings:  a need to know where you are every single minute, extreme jealousy of your friends, anger/resentment over how much time you spend with them, telling you nothing you do is right or good enough, insulting or demeaning you especially in public, destroying your belongings or property as payback for a grievance, and many more ... it's a long list of ugly behaviors, and I have to think a woman who puts up with all that must have some serious issues.  Not to judge because we all have issues.  But we all have to own them, no exceptions. 

We must not judge women who are in abusive relationships because fear of judgment might prevent them from telling someone or seeking help.  At the same time, an abused woman has to understand that she is the only one who can put an end to the abuse.  She has to leave the house, leave him, report him to the police, and face an uncertain future alone.  That might be hard or even terrifying, but she has to make that decision and take that first step.  Nobody can do it for her.

This thread is getting really tiresome.  I've asked umpteen times yet still no evidence that Hefner's "girlfriends" were coerced to do anything against their will.  However controlling, manipulative, and all around horrible Hefner was, these women still could have said no & left.  You can scream, "They were victims!!" eighty-five quadrillion times, and you still won't change my take on the matter.  Scream all you like, but I'm out.

11 hours ago, xyz48B said:

Have you read the waivers? Do you know that they say that?

Legal experts would be all over something that said anything akin to that. Prostitution isn’t legal in California and something like that – expectation of sex in exchange for services, in this case – is prostitution.

Have I read them personally ? No.

Do I know what they said ? Not word for word ..but yes.

Everyone needed to sign them so it was no secret and the subject has been written on in years past.

Since the "house guests" weren't being "paid for sex" there was nothing illegal. 

Hefner's lawyers always made it clear he was having a "relationship" with these bunnies. And yes they all knew they were expected to ride the pony.

3 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Everyone needed to sign them so it was no secret and the subject has been written on in years past.

Since the "house guests" weren't being "paid for sex" there was nothing illegal. 

Hefner's lawyers always made it clear he was having a "relationship" with these bunnies. And yes they all knew they were expected to ride the pony.

Like I said, I read tell-all accounts by two gfs, one of whom has a JD. Neither mentioned a contract. If there was one, it apparently didn’t include an NDA, which is odd. 

Are you referring to agreements signed by guests at the Playboy Mansion parties?

From the NYT; “Sex with Hefner was not a requirement, strictly speaking, though most of his girlfriends did sleep with him, it appears, either out of gratitude or because of pressure from the others.”  So Hef and the gfs all claim that the women did not sign a contract requiring sex but were “pressured” by “the others,” which is what I wrote in an earlier post. 

Edited by FreshFluff

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, xyz48B said:

I meant to watch this last night but of course had a meeting that ran way too late. 🙄 

I watched it and it was infuriating! 

On 1/30/2022 at 11:37 PM, pubic_assistance said:

the bunnies living and dating him were a small number of women compared to the waitresses and other models who posed naked but certainly didn't agree to be raped. 

18 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Who said they agreed to be raped or were raped at all ? You seem to make a very broad definition of the word.

Next morning regret is not rape.

"They had it coming" was used to describe their "choices" to work in Playboy as models or waitresses and what happened to them after. 

how do you know they have "next morning regret" if they were drunk or roofied? 

I'm not watching the series, but even taking at face value the things that "bunny mother" or whatever she called herself claimed in the stories linked above the picture is very strange.   She's basically saying that she knows of occasions where women were sexually abused by Playboy VIP clients and that nothing was done about it.  Also note, however, that she worked there and did nothing to stop what was going on.  She kept working there, helping to train new "bunnies" that she presumably knew could very well be sexually abused in the same manner she claimed she knew was happening.  If her claims are true, she's basically admitting to being akin to Ghislaine Maxwell. 

Look, I am not claiming that no women who had employment connected to the Playboy empire was ever sexually abused.  This woman's claims are very odd, though.  Women were being told they had to go to private events with VIP clients where everyone but the women who were victimized knew they would be sexually abused but everyone just went along with it?  Not one of the victims and no one who knew what was going on ever went to the police?  Everyone just agreed to keep silent about it to "save face" for Playboy?  I just find that hard to believe.  Even with Scientology, which goes to extraordinary lengths to keep members from defecting and talking about their experience with Scientology, some people have escaped and told their stories.  We're to believe that even though there was a "revolving door" of women working at these Playboy clubs that everyone decided to keep silent until now? 

24 minutes ago, maninsoma said:

We're to believe that even though there was a "revolving door" of women working at these Playboy clubs that everyone decided to keep silent until now? 

EXACTLY !  Completely implausible.

You don't sign up for a sexually charged environment where everyone was enjoying the sexual revolution (since I was a child btw.)  and claim you were shocked to have encountered men who had sex with you. Everyone was hanging around for DECADES letting this serial "RAPE" go on and on and on ? Including filming it for "The Girls Next Door" and only NOW that Hef is dead does anyone recall being forced to have sex ?

C'mon. How stupid are you to buy that ?