Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

Hi All,

I have only been to Shangri-La, and I was thinking of going back but I no longer see table shower. Looking for a NYC spa that has table shower and massage. I enjoy a strong  massage with a friendly masseur. Any suggestions? Thanks! Feel free to PM any specific recommendations for masseurs.

Edited by CamdenCoGuy74

5 minutes ago, beethoven said:

Utopia on  the Upper East Side (70th & Lex) is owned by the same delightful couple that owns Shangri-La.  I haven't been to Utopia in a while (I was a regular), but I'm sure they offer a table shower.  

Had my first visit to Utopia last week since before Covid. Same clean, respectful service. Indeed the shower room remains in tact, though their plastic covered table is my least favorite. I had not booked an appointment. Only guy available was “Danny” - Asian, guessing early 30s, slim to avg build. Not a recommend. 

2 hours ago, EVdude said:

Had my first visit to Utopia last week since before Covid. Same clean, respectful service. Indeed the shower room remains in tact, though their plastic covered table is my least favorite. I had not booked an appointment. Only guy available was “Danny” - Asian, guessing early 30s, slim to avg build. Not a recommend. 

I wonder if it's the same Danny I had (this was 2019). I also had no appointment and he was the one available. He was average, a little more on the chubby side when I saw him

On 5/6/2022 at 4:11 PM, TonyRaye said:

I had Norik last month.  

While he had a decent, skilled massage technique, I personally won’t be repeating a session with him and cannot recommend. 

There seems to be a new masseur at New Paradise named Norik. I’m assuming it’s the same that’s been talked about in this thread, but WOW. Would highly recommend after my one session with him this week. Can anyone confirm whether or not it’s the same Norik? Will def be repeating. 

On 8/22/2022 at 10:54 PM, CamdenCoGuy74 said:

Hi All,

I have only been to Shangri-La, and I was thinking of going back but I no longer see table shower. Looking for a NYC spa that has table shower and massage. I enjoy a strong  massage with a friendly masseur. Any suggestions? Thanks! Feel free to PM any specific recommendations for masseurs.

Hey!  Was at a Shangrila this week and the DO still have the table shower, it’s just not free for members anymore, it’s $30 for 15min.  Just had one.  I booked my massage with Chris afterwards and it was great!  

7 hours ago, Kody S said:

Hey!  Was at a Shangrila this week and the DO still have the table shower, it’s just not free for members anymore, it’s $30 for 15min.  Just had one.  I booked my massage with Chris afterwards and it was great!  

Is this the same Chris that worked at the old location? 

On 8/25/2022 at 6:03 AM, JckBNimble said:

There seems to be a new masseur at New Paradise named Norik. I’m assuming it’s the same that’s been talked about in this thread, but WOW. Would highly recommend after my one session with him this week. Can anyone confirm whether or not it’s the same Norik? Will def be repeating. 

There are a couple of Norik's out there. I had a good massage from Norik at Top Men. After it closed, I tried Norik at 27 Mens Spa thinking he might be the same guy but he was different. Maybe this one at New Paradise is the same one who was at Top Men? 🤔

On 8/23/2022 at 8:29 AM, EVdude said:

Agreed. Danny is not a recommend. Very rushed massage and not very friendly. I stopped going to Utopia because every time I called he was the only one available. 

On 8/26/2022 at 6:38 AM, urbanfetish said:

There are a couple of Norik's out there. I had a good massage from Norik at Top Men. After it closed, I tried Norik at 27 Mens Spa thinking he might be the same guy but he was different. Maybe this one at New Paradise is the same one who was at Top Men? 🤔

Whispery: they are same 😶🌫️

3 hours ago, kinkyboyy said:

Hi there,
I'm spending the week in New York and I'm looking for good masseurs my age - 25 - or not too old.
I was a little disappointed with Bert yesterday.
Do you have any good recommendations for me?

Instead of “not too old” perhaps you could be more specific with an age range? I just had an amazing massage from a 42 year old….definitely “not too old” to do a great job…

Edited by FrankR

3 hours ago, toddoles said:

Apparently Super Men's Spa is closed. Just tried making an appointment there

Yes, I went there a few weeks ago to do walk-in and there was a sign that said permanently closed. The sign on the door said to go to their other men spa on 29th street called Chelsea Men Spa so I walked up there. Not as nice and the massage was mediocre. Much cheaper price though so if I go back, I would want a different guy. I forgot to get his name.