Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

Now, that's an interesting question!  In my experience, though limited, I've never encountered a masseur at a spa who will do that.  Now that I think of it, the facilities for doing that seem to be limited.  I'll be eager to hear other replies.  I'd say that if you want to shower with a masseur, you'll have to do it in your place or  his. 

I await more replies!

Greetings to all the regular posters in this thread......

will be visiting NYC in a couple weeks and am intrigued by this very busy thread and all the comings and goings of masseurs, locations, businesses, openings, closings, etc.....I'm mostly comfortable with navigating Manhattan and walking, but have a few questions about all these men's spas.....thanks for your help......

1.  what is the protocol when first entering the spa?......if an appointment was made, simply state your name and appt time and sit until called?.....is a shower required at the spa before the service?......or can I ask to take one even if not required?......is it standard to be fully naked during the service, or do I cover myself, or does the masseur do that automatically?.......is payment made to the desk at the beginning, end, or only to the masseur?......I assume a generous cash tip is handled at the end only between client and masseur.......

2.  I much prefer a masculine, in-shape-but-not-freaky-big, easy-going, clean and competent masseur who can do some stretching, moderate pressure, and just general relaxing massage.....race/ethnicity not important, age 22-35 or so, do NOT prefer "twink"y-types.............any recommendations for that (hard to keep up with where all the guys are in this thread)?.......

any other hints, cautions, advice welcome......thanks a lot.......

On 9/7/2022 at 10:28 PM, azdr0710 said:

Greetings to all the regular posters in this thread......

will be visiting NYC in a couple weeks and am intrigued by this very busy thread and all the comings and goings of masseurs, locations, businesses, openings, closings, etc.....I'm mostly comfortable with navigating Manhattan and walking, but have a few questions about all these men's spas.....thanks for your help......

1.  what is the protocol when first entering the spa?......if an appointment was made, simply state your name and appt time and sit until called?.....is a shower required at the spa before the service?......or can I ask to take one even if not required?......is it standard to be fully naked during the service, or do I cover myself, or does the masseur do that automatically?.......is payment made to the desk at the beginning, end, or only to the masseur?......I assume a generous cash tip is handled at the end only between client and masseur.......

2.  I much prefer a masculine, in-shape-but-not-freaky-big, easy-going, clean and competent masseur who can do some stretching, moderate pressure, and just general relaxing massage.....race/ethnicity not important, age 22-35 or so, do NOT prefer "twink"y-types.............any recommendations for that (hard to keep up with where all the guys are in this thread)?.......

any other hints, cautions, advice welcome......thanks a lot.......

I've always opted to start the massage with a table shower. I'm not aware of spas that have "regular" showers. I would suggest to shower shortly before going there if you're not planning on doing a table shower. Hygiene and cleanliness is appreciated by all parties involved. :)

Yes, when you've made an appointment you just say your name to the guy manning the front desk and say that you have an appointment. I've never been given a choice of masseurs, I would be assigned the one that was available. Unless I called ahead and specifically asked for a masseur by name (but even then it's no guarantee you'll get him). 

Payment was always done back at the front desk, after the massage was over and I had put my clothes back on. The masseur will wait for you at the front desk and process your payment. I always paid my tips by cards also at the front desk, the spa keeps track of who's tip it is. But you can pay the tip in cash if you want.

As for specific recommendations, I've not been to an NYC spa since the pandemic so hopefully someone else will be able to help with that. 

Visited Why Not spa on West 4th for the first time. Good experience… nice setup offering full services… mani, pedi, facial, scrub. Only had a massage. The room I was in had a jacuzzi and shower but didn’t ask where those came in. Tony, young reasonably built Asian, did a fine thera-sensual massage. He was masked the entire time. Only small complaint is too much time face down, so I added an addition 15 minutes. Good value.

1 hour ago, EVdude said:

Visited Why Not spa on West 4th for the first time. Good experience… nice setup offering full services… mani, pedi, facial, scrub. Only had a massage. The room I was in had a jacuzzi and shower but didn’t ask where those came in. Tony, young reasonably built Asian, did a fine thera-sensual massage. He was masked the entire time. Only small complaint is too much time face down, so I added an addition 15 minutes. Good value.

Did Tony have you leave with a smile on your face?

18 hours ago, EVdude said:

I agree!  I’ve been there twice recently and great experiences both times.  Also the price is very reasonable for what you get. 

20 hours ago, EVdude said:

Hey EVdude! When you say Tony was "reasonably built" - would you say he was muscular?

Hi,

Been back to Energy Men on 23rd again and found out that Jack is gone. Seems only Chinese masseurs are still survive but not dare to try them anymore due to the bad experiences of unskilled masseurs that only touched and ripped you off with high tips. 

If anyone know where is Jack going? Please DM.

Thanks.

On 9/9/2022 at 1:28 PM, EVdude said:

I have done the “experience “  with a tub soak, body scrub, and massage for 90min in the room down stairs.  I do like to shower after.  I had a guy sounding like Tony  late 20s fit  not overly muscular.  Hopefully the same Tony   But with the mask and my Tony had a baseball cap on the entire time who knows.   He did release twice so no complaints 

On 9/14/2022 at 8:16 PM, Eric masters said:

Had a wonderful massage with Simon at Shangarila men spa today. His massage is like a special treat. He knows exactly what to do to make you feel relaxed and rejuvenated after a long day. Strongly recommended!

welcome to the forum.........Eric!

I decided to text a spa today with a simple good morning.  They responded with a good morning. I asked who was available and he mentioned 4 people I didn’t know.  I asked, “Of the 4, who was the most muscular?”

Radio silence.

I even apologized. Still nothing.  Did I break spa etiquette with that question?  

Edited by Reckless