Austria Makes Covid Vaccine Mandatory for Entire Population

lonely_john
This topic is 900 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On 11/22/2021 at 10:50 AM, azdr0710 said:

15,300 new cases per day is a stunning number for a country with a 9.1 million population. Yup, enough of the BS. 

EDIT to add that New Zealand, with a population of 4.9 million, has had about 7,000 cases of covid - total - since the beginning......

New Zealand will pay the piper soon enough.  I thought you said if we all wore masks and 70% of the population were vaxxed it would be all over???   Israel has a 90% vax rate and there many new cases even among the vaxxed!!

5 minutes ago, augustus said:

Yeah right.  Like you geniuses have been right....WRONG.    This is supposed to have been over by now.  It's getting worse with more new cases even with 70%-90% of populations vaxxed.  

In no state are there 70-90% of people vaccinated. Best there is is low 70s and it has been clear for a long while that the Delta variant was going to make number of vaccinated people to be on the high side of that range to achieve the type of immunity to end the pandemic. Furthermore, no expert has ever said the pandemic is "over now" at any point since it began. The pandemic only ends when much of the world is seeing daily new cases near to a typical flu season. The prefix pan refers to the world in its entirety. 

A recent Israeli study shows that natural immunity is 13 times more effective than vaccines in protecting individuals. SARS-CoV-2-naïve vaccines had a 13-fold increased risk for breakthrough infection with the Delta variant compared to those previously infected.  And vaccinated individuals had a 5.96-fold increased risk for breakthrough infection and a 7.13-fold increased risk for symptomatic disease.

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections | medRxiv

1 hour ago, Islesguy said:

In no state are there 70-90% of people vaccinated. Best there is is low 70s and it has been clear for a long while that the Delta variant was going to make number of vaccinated people to be on the high side of that range to achieve the type of immunity to end the pandemic. Furthermore, no expert has ever said the pandemic is "over now" at any point since it began. The pandemic only ends when much of the world is seeing daily new cases near to a typical flu season. The prefix pan refers to the world in its entirety. 

Vermont is over 70% vaxxed and they are having record cases.

6 minutes ago, augustus said:

A recent Israeli study shows that natural immunity is 13 times more effective than vaccines in protecting individuals. SARS-CoV-2-naïve vaccines had a 13-fold increased risk for breakthrough infection with the Delta variant compared to those previously infected.  And vaccinated individuals had a 5.96-fold increased risk for breakthrough infection and a 7.13-fold increased risk for symptomatic disease.

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections | medRxiv

A friend of mine died last year from covid19. That was before vaccination was possible. He was in his 60s with a wife, children and grandchildren. This is not a classroom discussion. Not everyone who gets covid19 survives to get "natural immunity."

17 minutes ago, augustus said:

In all fairness, the article you quote and sited has a disclaimer near the top stating:

This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.

Therefore, like many studies involving the virus, this study could also be misleading.  

Edited by coriolis888

On 11/21/2021 at 7:36 PM, Unicorn said:

Well, it is about time to say "enough of the bullshit." I'm not sure we need to put people in jail, but a reasonable option would be that you need to show proof of immunization to go anywhere indoors: grocery store, restaurant, bus, tram, train, plane, or HOSPITAL. That'll get the message through. 

Liddle Petie Buttwhatever stepped up yesterday and said the US will not have vaccine requirements for airplane travel (or buses or trains). "We're doing fine". 

2 hours ago, WilliamM said:

A friend of mine died last year from covid19. That was before vaccination was possible. He was in his 60s with a wife, children and grandchildren. This is not a classroom discussion. Not everyone who gets covid19 survives to get "natural immunity."

Those with health issues should get it.  That's not most people.

I found this interesting, a succinct description of the anti-vax lunacy engendered by hostile actors on electronic and social media (and yes, I realize it makes me something of a conspiracy theorist myself, but I do believe this is largely driven by forces seeking to undermine the stability of Western democracies. And it's working brilliantly!).

As these things go, there is an acronym, CONSPIR

Contradictory
Overriding suspicion
Nefarious Intent
Something Must Be Wrong
Persecuted Victim
Immune to Evidence
Re-interpreting Randomness

You can download a PDF to hand out at Thanksgiving to all your anti-vaxer relations. (Just don't get too close to them.)

https://www.climatechangecommunication.org/how-to-spot-covid19-conspiracy-theories/

What I find funny is the Southwest Pilot's union whining they shouldn't have to have a vaccine they don't approve of forced on them and it should be their choice.   I know someone that is a Southwest Pilot that despises unions and said those same people complaining about the mandate are for a closed shop and he's required to be part of their union plus pay dues to keep his job.

Austria is very serious about controlling the virus. 

Throughout Vienna there are many kiosks that allow anyone, including foreigners, to get a free covid test.  The test can be either an antigen or PCR.

Anyone who plans to travel to the U.S. can go to one of the many kiosks and get a rapid test and have the results within fifteen or twenty minutes.  The results are sent to your cell phone, email, or handed to you if you wait at the window of the kiosk.

I was in Vienna earlier this month and I was impressed how organized the covid testing was set up for anyone who wants or wanted a test.  

Edited by coriolis888

America is entirely too stupid to adopt this idea. People don’t really understand what civil liberties are, and will risk their lives (and others),  for their false sense of “my body, my choice”.

At the least:

Hospitals should stop treating those who catch COVID, but are not vaccinated. 

All enclosed public spaces should require proof of vaccination. 

Employers should require vaccinations as well. 

32 minutes ago, Monarchy79 said:

America is entirely too stupid to adopt this idea. People don’t really understand what civil liberties are, and will risk their lives (and others),  for their false sense of “my body, my choice”.

At the least:

Hospitals should stop treating those who catch COVID, but are not vaccinated. 

All enclosed public spaces should require proof of vaccination. 

Employers should require vaccinations as well. 

Unfortunately obesity is the #1 mortality factor for covid. Should people who don't lose weight to prevent covid death be excluded from hospitals too? 

1 hour ago, tassojunior said:

Unfortunately obesity is the #1 mortality factor for covid. Should people who don't lose weight to prevent covid death be excluded from hospitals too? 

Correction. Obesity is a significant mortality factor for those who aren’t vaxxed. 

So my answer to your question is no. 

Why? 

Because they were fat before COVID ever existed, and more than likely they won’t catch it if they’ve been vaccinated. 

Smart fat people understand this and will get vaxxed. 

Dumb fat people should be grouped right along with dumb thin people who refuse to get vaxxed. 

Edited by Monarchy79