Best opening text to get a response?

Winky
This topic is 902 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A little OT, but I do think sometimes providers forget that we are hiring them for a reason instead of a random hookup.  After a message establishing a connection, I mentioned something that I wanted to be sure we did together and the provider says "I play that by ear unless you want to send me a picture to see if I'd be into it."  I literally wrote back, "understand, but I'll pass.  I hire so I don't have to play these games."  Kinda bitchy, I know, and I appreciate him not promising something he wouldn't deliver, but I'm not here to prove myself when I'm hiring.

And if past hiring indicates the general reaction to guys I've hired, he would have wanted to do that thing to me :)

On 10/28/2021 at 11:14 AM, davebk said:

A little OT, but I do think sometimes providers forget that we are hiring them for a reason instead of a random hookup.  After a message establishing a connection, I mentioned something that I wanted to be sure we did together and the provider says "I play that by ear unless you want to send me a picture to see if I'd be into it."  I literally wrote back, "understand, but I'll pass.  I hire so I don't have to play these games."  Kinda bitchy, I know, and I appreciate him not promising something he wouldn't deliver, but I'm not here to prove myself when I'm hiring.

And if past hiring indicates the general reaction to guys I've hired, he would have wanted to do that thing to me :)

I approach hiring very differently than the apps. At least with texting a provider I get a response !

I would have passed also. 

• 4 weeks later...

my take is only slightly different because of how I normally get my clients - as a provider who does not regularly have an ongoing ad (i will maybe once a year for a few weeks, but prefer not to continuously for privacy / discretion purposes, being a single dad, etc), the more specific info in the text or email the more likely I am to feel like they are for real and it's a good vibe....  most of my clients though (due to my preferences about advertising) are through old-fashioned word-of-mouth (I used to work for a small agency in LA whose focus was discretion, so it tended toward lots of higher profile clients).  So I've normally been recommended to someone which s a good starting off point. 

But yes, ultimately, i think most guys doing this want to know what you want and when and go from there. And the worst thing to do is act like, because they are to be paid, you are somehow entitled to something or a degree of attention before you've even met in person. (No, we don't want to hear things like "really? you can't reply when i'm agreeing to pay you??" 

Lastly - NEVER do what I saw someone on here do in an earlier thread and post something like "I got a freebie" and name who you hooked up with "for free" - that dude was not doing that under the auspices of work and you do not have a right to publicly state you got something for free, when most likely that is nothing that was on his radar whatsoever, and no way he thinks of his personal sex life, because he is a human being also.  

(oh yeah, and the worst option is to call - always text first !!)

:)

My first text is a little vague, but I usually get a response.  "Hi <Name>, my name is ****.  I saw your ad on RM and was wondering if you were available in city at date and time."

Since it's a text, I want it to make no sense if it goes to the wrong person, but I'm paranoid.  I also use VPN, Google Voice, etc...  Security is about layers.

Edited by jtwalker
inadvertantly put my name in the stupid post.

20 hours ago, DLEroticProv12 said:

my take is only slightly different because of how I normally get my clients - as a provider who does not regularly have an ongoing ad (i will maybe once a year for a few weeks, but prefer not to continuously for privacy / discretion purposes, being a single dad, etc), the more specific info in the text or email the more likely I am to feel like they are for real and it's a good vibe....  most of my clients though (due to my preferences about advertising) are through old-fashioned word-of-mouth (I used to work for a small agency in LA whose focus was discretion, so it tended toward lots of higher profile clients).  So I've normally been recommended to someone which s a good starting off point. 

But yes, ultimately, i think most guys doing this want to know what you want and when and go from there. And the worst thing to do is act like, because they are to be paid, you are somehow entitled to something or a degree of attention before you've even met in person. (No, we don't want to hear things like "really? you can't reply when i'm agreeing to pay you??" 

Lastly - NEVER do what I saw someone on here do in an earlier thread and post something like "I got a freebie" and name who you hooked up with "for free" - that dude was not doing that under the auspices of work and you do not have a right to publicly state you got something for free, when most likely that is nothing that was on his radar whatsoever, and no way he thinks of his personal sex life, because he is a human being also.  

Okay, now this is us a guy I’d want to hire! 😍

I’ve had varying degrees of success with initial texts. I usually say that I’ve seen their rent men ad, and that I’m looking to hire on a particular day/night or over a span of a few days if I’m available and have a super open schedule.  More recently, for newer guys without much of a reputation here or elsewhere, I’ve been telling then my RM profile and asking them to review it to get a better sense of what I’m into. Some guys seem to appreciate that, and others might think I’m a flake because they don’t respond at all.  It’s all a crapshoot, in my opinion, because it seems like some guys respond really well to certain approaches endorsed by providers here, while others are turned off by the same things. Who can tell? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Unless specified to directly text, I usually reach out to a provider via the chat on RM. I don't want to blow up their phone waisting time. Plus I believe for review purposes, you have to message a provider on RM 1st to allow any reviews to be left. 

From there my message is usually: "Hey ____, how's everything going? I'm looking to book you for an outcall 1-hr session on Friday. I'm hosting at my private residence/hotel in ______ (insert city). My stats, I'm _______ (mention my stats) and I'm available from ___ am to ___ pm so whatever time works in between let me know. I'd mainly like to ________ (list what I'm looking to do during the meet). Also, I wanted to ask if race is an issue?

Thanks"

If all is clear, I then proceed to text where final arrangements can be locked in. 

4 hours ago, DMICS said:

Plus I believe for review purposes, you have to message a provider on RM 1st to allow any reviews to be left.

I use to insist on Rentmen Chat before texting because of this.  My theory was that providers could be more lazy if they knew you couldn't leave a review.  However, I found that lately I can post a review if I use their contact button to get the number.

Maybe it is because I've been on for awhile and have several reviews already?  Not sure.

On 10/25/2021 at 9:51 PM, jeepo1 said:

my biggest fear being that forward in the first text is my fear i transposed a number 

Absolutely.  My first text is always a little vague and generic, like "Hi, are you around later tonight in (city)."  Something like that would not create any suspicion if it went to the wrong person.

I usually keep it to a very simple text.  One sentence that’s to the point. If I don’t get a response, unless I’m really hot for that guy, I don’t send a second text.  I have one guy that a sent a text to that’s coming through town….muscular and hot as hell.  He didn’t respond, no problem, there are other guys to ask or save my money for.  I’m not trying to entice, this is not a date.  This is for an uncomplicated meet up with someone I find attractive enough to spend money on, nothing more, nothing less.  Respect goes both ways, if they don’t respond; better to know how they are in that moment than to waste money and find out in the session.       

14 hours ago, rustyrex said:

I usually keep it to a very simple text.  One sentence that’s to the point. If I don’t get a response, unless I’m really hot for that guy, I don’t send a second text.  I have one guy that a sent a text to that’s coming through town….muscular and hot as hell.  He didn’t respond, no problem, there are other guys to ask or save my money for.  I’m not trying to entice, this is not a date.  This is for an uncomplicated meet up with someone I find attractive enough to spend money on, nothing more, nothing less.  Respect goes both ways, if they don’t respond; better to know how they are in that moment than to waste money and find out in the session.       

It’s not always disrespect that people don’t respond~ Sometimes people don’t respond because they are with a Client or traveling, (9hr/14hr flight not including checking in or baggage and transportation), followed by meeting a two week long Client). 

It would be in poor taste to be texting other Clients for appointments when currently with a 1, 2, 6, 14, 24hr Appointment~ Seems a conflict of interest to be communicating for work on someone else’s time~ 
 I get that if you’re looking for the moment or something, you don’t necessarily have the time to wait for a response~ I’m just saying lack of response might not be a case of disrespect on the Providers part~ 
 From the Providers side: Clients as well have circumstantial lag time due to being with wife, kids, work, vacations, relationships with discretionary needs~

Lots of variables…  

Edited by Tygerscent

On 11/23/2021 at 12:03 AM, DLEroticProv12 said:

Helps if the person has chatted me up on RM or elsewhere and is a n established registered profile with reviews. It says you are real and that your inquiry is legitimate. Also saves on confusion or having to disclose more than you want when communicating off site~ 

Zero motivation to respond to profiles that are two weeks/months old, not registered users with 3,000 views and leaves the following message: “hey”~
 People who ask a lot, (info, pictures, location, demand instant responses), and provide no info about themselves are a big ol’ red flag~ 

Most Providers aren’t going to be responsive to people taking their time away from those who sincerely want to schedule an appointment~ 

Unintelligible texts red flag for someone messed up on drugs~ Probably won’t get a response there either~ No one wants to be a baby sitter or invite that into your hotel or room~ 

If you are cold calling with no prior contact:  Many Providers have some name associated with them~ A good opening greeting something like: Hi “name/nickname the provider can recognize that is still discrete ”… this is “name/profile name”. “We chatted earlier” or “saw your ad.  I see you’re in town. (Coming to town). I’d like to arrange an appointment~ 

I have read this thread very carefully.  During 20+ year of hiring in NYC, I used to be polite and considerate.  An opening statement would have read:

'Hi I am X.  Thanks for posting your ad on RM, you really turn me ON.  I am 50s, athletic, overall nice and considerate person.  I am looking for a sexually interactive experience - just vanilla, nothing insane.  Are you available this weekend?  Would love to work something out.'

With mixed success.

As of a few weeks ago, I am now texting:

'I need you completely naked, on the bed, fingering your hole, lubricating my big white cock and begging me to fuck you. Interested?'

With ENORMOUS success, fast if not immediate response. 

It PAYS to be DIRECT,

51 minutes ago, BaronArtz said:

I have read this thread very carefully.  During 20+ year of hiring in NYC, I used to be polite and considerate.  An opening statement would have read:

'Hi I am X.  Thanks for posting your ad on RM, you really turn me ON.  I am 50s, athletic, overall nice and considerate person.  I am looking for a sexually interactive experience - just vanilla, nothing insane.  Are you available this weekend?  Would love to work something out.'

With mixed success.

'I need you completely naked, on the bed, fingering your hole, lubricating my big white cock and begging me to fuck you. Interested?'

It PAYS to be DIRECT,

Well, that's NYC for you :)

4 hours ago, BaronArtz said:

With mixed success.

It PAYS to be DIRECT,

So much loving this~! 😂🤣😂👍❤️Ht dirty and to the point~!

Edited by Tygerscent

All I need is “hello are you available on day / time for x hours please?”. Then I can say yes / no or offer an alternative time and usually within an exchange or two the session is booked.

I don’t need any personal details such as body type, age or definitely no pics. None of those things are relevant (as long as the client is over 18). If clients want to send any specific requirements that’s fine and when confirming their session and sending the address I always invite them to make any special requests.

The issue is that I much prefer to engage with clients by text of WhatsApp once they’ve already decided to hire me. All my details (and an FAQ, even a demo video) are on my website (sensualtouchco.com 🙂) so I think there’s sufficient information there to make a decision.

I’ve not got the time or inclination to engage in long message chats and sending pics and describing my cock and what I do etc to persuade someone to book. Some clients think they need to be young and fit etc or they won’t get a reply. That’s wrong, honestly I’m not concerned what you’re like physically whatsoever (except that you’re fit for the session as in no injuries or medical conditions that preclude massage /sex) so I don’t need pics or descriptions. 

As @TylerGrovesNYC said the messages that start with “sup”, “pic” or “hey, you available now?” are either time wasters or not my type of client. I can spot them immediately, they never book. 

On 11/23/2021 at 3:03 AM, DLEroticProv12 said:

Just came across this. After thinking about it, I thought @DLEroticProv12 was right that it was of poor taste to have mentioned the provider's name in my post. I chose the professional route and edited the post. I was just too damn giddy for hooking up with a guy I find out of my league. 😬. Thanks for the comment. 

2 hours ago, manmed said:

Just came across this. After thinking about it, I thought @DLEroticProv12 was right that it was of poor taste to have mentioned the provider's name in my post. I chose the professional route and edited the post. I was just too damn giddy for hooking up with a guy I find out of my league. 😬. Thanks for the comment. 

i'm glad you see what i mean and fixed it.  hopefully others understand as well.  

But - obviously not "out of" any league, cuz it happened right?  give yourself some credit there.  and then be discreet. :)

Generally agree that brevity is the soul of the text message, but I'm surprised to see that some forum members who I respect greatly suggest what seem to me to be ludicrously verbose initial texts including physical descriptions - fit, masc, yung, hung, bi,Thai - come on! If you have to sell yourself to the guy isn't that defeating the purpose of hiring? And if a provider isn't courteous enough to reply to a respectful, brief, to the point initial text in a reasonable amount of time is he really worth pursuing? Another piece of advice from my experience I no longer bother trying to make appointments in advance unless it is a well known provider with an established track record. 90% of the time you are wasting your time. I just wait till the guy is in my area and text in the morning on the day you want to meet. Works much better. Happy hunting gents!

P.S. Haven't hired anyone in nearly 2 years so I'm going on the theory that things haven't changed too much during the interim! 😝

Edited by Gadfly22