Onlyfans to ban Sexually Explicit Content starting October 1st

InterestingGuy
This topic is 975 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

2 hours ago, Danny-Darko said:

Finally -- and not surprising it's from the BBC versus a U.S. news source -- I understand what's happening.  In a nutshell, there is just so much content posted to OnlyFans that they haven't been doing a good job of removing sexually explicit materials featuring minors or others being sexually exploited.  They are not only under pressure from payment processors but also are facing increased government scrutiny.  Too bad that they cannot figure out a way to ensure that all content posted is from consenting adults and then allow that content to continue to be posted, but I guess it's easier and safer for them to simply keep their millions and effectively close up shop.  (I know they aren't officially ending the business, but I doubt many content creators or customers are going to stick around once sexually explicit videos are banned.)

13 hours ago, tassojunior said:

spacer.png

I'm sure his fans will move with him... he could also start a company of his own if he finds the funding or does it himself. 

Caveat emptor... save money. Having a mortgage doesn't precisely mean you own a house now but you will own it in the future if you pay it. 

5 hours ago, maninsoma said:

Finally -- and not surprising it's from the BBC versus a U.S. news source -- I understand what's happening.  In a nutshell, there is just so much content posted to OnlyFans that they haven't been doing a good job of removing sexually explicit materials featuring minors or others being sexually exploited.  They are not only under pressure from payment processors but also are facing increased government scrutiny.  Too bad that they cannot figure out a way to ensure that all content posted is from consenting adults and then allow that content to continue to be posted, but I guess it's easier and safer for them to simply keep their millions and effectively close up shop.  (I know they aren't officially ending the business, but I doubt many content creators or customers are going to stick around once sexually explicit videos are banned.)

From what it says about banks not wanting to be involved that would mean banning sexual videos that guys offer for $10-$25 a pop to unlock and is how most money is made. OnlyFans must be US-based if they worry about legal liability too.

If makes no sense that Chaterbate uses credit cards freely where you can pay someone to perform a sex act on another person or on a machine. 

20 hours ago, latbear4blk said:

My sources tell me that the news are exaggerating. OnlyFans will make an announcement through their official channels soon. There are going to be changes, but perhaps not so drastic as it is being reported right now. Pause and wait.

MasterCard is going to cut OF off unless they make these changes, and other payment processors are likely to follow. I’m not at all surprised if some of the content creators are not-quite-legal, or even if 18+ have underage collaborators. And unfortunately voluntary, freely chosen sex workers are having their careers diminished as collateral damage in the effort to end involuntary sex work and trafficking of both minors and adults. 

Looking at OF, and also the male online findom scene, I’m amazed at how much money young men are able to make. Never occurred to me when I was 19 or 20 that I could make more than both my parents combined by jerking off for a living. Or just making videos where I tell guys they are worthless and they owe me money because I’m an “alpha.” 

On 8/20/2021 at 5:21 AM, maninsoma said:

I think this has a lot to do with what's going on. I've been involved with an OF group that has a bunch of guys doing naked yoga for the OF page. This week, the guy running the group reported that the page was deactivated until they provide for each and every model appearing on the page (1) a photo ID, (2) a signed release form, and (3) a photo of the model holding the ID and release form. OF also gave them language that they need to include on the release form. To me, this seems like the kind of stuff we've become accustomed to since FOSTA-SESTA, and would suggest a need for better record-keeping for OF to keep itself out of trouble.

I'm sure the credit and bank issues are real as well, so they're being pinched from multiple directions. But it seems more palatable to blame the changes on the requirements of the creditors, rather than issues with consent documentation.

Edited by nate_sf

1 hour ago, keroscenefire said:

It looks like OnlyFans is based in the UK actually.

Then they're out of FBI reach. Rentman and RentMasseur are both safely in Berlin. 

As far as credit cards, Chaterbate has credit cards but is very strict on obtaining ID for every person on screen ever. They use face tech to cancel immediately any room with an unauthorized guest performer. 

On 8/20/2021 at 3:18 PM, Fartricky89 said:

I can’t say I’m not happy that Matteo Blanco and Reno Gold’s cash cow is also going to die on Oct 1…At least for those two. 

Reno Gold is safe. No one's going to find him having anything close to sex on OnlyFans. Pure tease. I doubt if the vids he sells have much more. The only one I've seen has him with a dildo in him on one end of a sofa while Leo Stuck is on the other end of the sofa pushing the dildo with his finger sort of. 

Tony Goodfellow said Reno was detoxing. I think they live in the same building or he lives in one of Reno's condos. 

On 8/20/2021 at 9:00 PM, tassojunior said:

Sounds like a Backpage waiting to happen.

I'm surprised Twitter lets so many put actual sex scenes from OF producers on Twitter and that Twitter still links to OnlyFans for access.  

Power within the government. Just like Google, Facebook, Amazon and other big tech corporations that do "unscrupulous" things and remain untouched.

Edited by lonely_john