Would you travel to space like Sir Richard Branson?

marylander1940
This topic is 1012 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• marylander1940 changed the title to Would you travel to space like Sir Richard Branson?

I probably would...after these conditions are met:

• There are luxury hotels and resorts already in place, and that they come with the one-time fee for getting to the travel destination.
  • The rules of the land are ones I can live with.
  • The Hollywood and Athletes I mentioned that I'd love to have an orgy or gangbang with are coming and staying with me...in perpetuity.

6 hours ago, JoeMendoza said:
  • There are luxury hotels and resorts already in place, and that they come with the one-time fee for getting to the travel destination.

with, of course, no resort fee.....oxygen, a gym at sea-level air pressure, urine bottle disposal, and spaceship-wide wifi (not just in the, uhhh, lobby?) should be included in the rack rate ($28,000/night and up)   

On 7/12/2021 at 7:45 PM, azdr0710 said:

with, of course, no resort fee.....oxygen, a gym at sea-level air pressure, urine bottle disposal, and spaceship-wide wifi (not just in the, uhhh, lobby?) should be included in the rack rate ($28,000/night and up)   

Sferra Giza 45 sheets or at least Frette. Daily housekeeping pls; none of this COVID era every 3 days stuff. 

Edited by FreshFluff

Personally, I’d love to travel in space, visit other planets, see if there’s anything else out there. 

but…

I’m also somewhat disappointed in Branson. This felt a lot like a spoiled rich kid’s indulgence.  He cracked the 62 mile limit of the gravity well for all of three minutes. Big deal. There was no real innovation or new tech involved; NASA put humans in space, in orbit, and on the moon 50 years ago. ‘Shoot something into the sky and watch it fall’ isn’t exactly breaking science, here, boys. 

He gives a lot to charity, I know. He could have done that with the money spent on this, too. 

And it seems like the only new thing he’s created is a way for self-indulgent celebrities to light fire to $250,000 all to get selfies in “space” and boost their insta and tiktok rankings. There’s a win for humanity. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I’m being a Debbie Downer, I know, but this just felt like a huge waste of resources for a whim. 

Millions of people on earth are still desperate for a Covid vaccine. If these billionaires did what Bill Gates did and donated a substantial amount of money on funding increased vaccine production, I'd cheer them on. Otherwise, these big-spending, unfairly taxed fat cats  may just as well not return to the planet.

I've not seen one major impact the trillions of dollars spent on space travel has provided to the human race over the last half century.  Sure, now we know how weightlessness affects a monkey's bowel movements, and that one of Jupiter's moons may have held water a billion years ago, but other than fantasy rides, there isn't much value to any of these missions other than a very, very expensive curiosity.  

And this whole Mars domed colonization bug up Elon's butt could be accomplished in the equally barren Mojave desert with the same result:  absolutely nothing.  

Edited by topunderachiever

50 minutes ago, topunderachiever said:

I've not seen one major impact the trillions of dollars spent on space travel has provided to the human race over the last half century. 

Actually, there are many items in use today, some life saving and changing, because of space exploration.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/07/08/space-race-inventions-we-use-every-day-were-created-for-space-exploration/39580591/

2 hours ago, RJD said:

Actually, there are many items in use today, some life saving and changing, because of space exploration.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/07/08/space-race-inventions-we-use-every-day-were-created-for-space-exploration/39580591/

Virtually every one of those items likely could and would have been developed as needs arose even without a space program.  They are all natural progressions in scientific knowledge and development to solve earthly problems.  None of them came from space even tho they may have been accelerated a bit by the trillions used.    

Edited by topunderachiever