Nail Polish?

Milo Farnsworth
This topic is 1045 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

6 hours ago, Milo Farnsworth said:

Because it is getting out of control.  To quote Archie Bunker, " Guys like us we had it made,  Those were the days,  And you know where you were then, girls were girls and men were men . . ."  That's what we need.  And yes, I am very old fashioned.  I think women should wear skirts and dresses at all times, except if working in the garden or doing some manual housework.  Personally, I don't like women wearing pants.  But, since I'm not attracted to women I've learned to accept it.  I get wearing pants is more comfortable for them.

Men need to be men and leave the nail polish and lipstick and feminine shtick alone . . . 

The Archie Bunker character was 47 when the show began in 1971. In case anyone wants to feel old...

7 hours ago, Gymowner said:

thats  a little bit off. nail polish, hair buns, mascara on men are the symptoms of a problem more so than fashion statements. these are more protests against a set of norms and  its end sum game is to neutralize masculinity in a way that can be very harmful to society. men becoming nurses and women becoming doctors is an expansion of culture and advancements in society. these "trends" started activists using terms like " down with hyper masculinity" that then turned into "end toxic masculinity".  now all out assaults on professions that are by nature male and masculine driven

MODERATOR NOTE:  Please keep political commentary in the "Political Issues" forum.  

again... i see nothing wrong with people being people. live and let live.as long as its genuine... but that needs to be on both sides. let anyone do what they want with regards to fashion and dont hate on masculinity in our society. men are men and god love them for that!!

Which professions are being attacked? Are you talking about male-dominated medical specialties like orthopedic surgery? Surgeons in general used to throw surgical instruments at nurses and doctors who made even the slightest misstep, often causing injury. If all the talk about toxic masculinity shamed men out of this kind of behavior, then I’m all for it. 

As I said, I agree with you about nail polish, piercings, man buns, brightly colored hair, and so on. They’re not my thing at all, but I try not to get all Archie Bunker about it. 

Edited by FreshFluff

I'm also old-school, old fashioned. In general, everyone has the right to wear whatever they want; but in the same line of other posters on this thread, these are the styling accessories/items that I consider unacceptable (or a turn off) when shopping for a MALE provider. This would probably help most providers out there as I think most clients will agree with the majority of items on this list:

• Hair dyed with unnatural colours.
  • Very long hair / man-buns.
  • Plucked eyebrows.
  • Cosmetic contact lenses.
  • Make Up.
  • Facial Cosmetic Procedures.
  • Coloured Nail Polish.
  • Earrings.
  • Nipple Piercings, and piercings in general including P.E.
  • Tattoos on face, neck, back of the neck, lower back and buttocks, hands, or covering extensive areas of the body.
  • Complete lack of muscle mass or severely underweight.
  • Excessive implants, especially if used to mimic the female body shape.
  • Penis modifications.
  • Untrimmed bushes.
  • Body odour, or excess of perfume / cologne.
Edited by lonely_john

1 hour ago, lonely_john said:

I'm also old-school, old fashioned. In general, everyone has the right to wear whatever they want; but in the same line of other posters on this thread, these are the styling accessories/items that I consider unacceptable (or a turn off) when shopping for a MALE provider. This would probably help most providers out there as I think most clients will agree with the majority of items on this list:

• Hair dyed with unnatural colours.
  • Very long hair / man-buns.
  • Plucked eyebrows
  • Cosmetic contact lenses
  • Make Up
  • Facial Cosmetic Procedures
  • Coloured Nail Polish
  • Earrings
  • Tattoos on face, neck, back of the neck, lower back, hands, or covering extensive areas of the body.
  • Noticeable Implants
  • Penis modifications
  • Untrimmed bushes
  • Body odour, or excess of perfume / cologne

Hear, hear!!  Thank you!

On 5/31/2021 at 4:21 PM, Milo Farnsworth said:

What is this current trend with hot, muscular men wearing nail polish?  Specifically, I am referring to Morgxn Thicke, a Gayforfans performer that has an amazing body.  I would love to watch him or even suck him dry - but the nail polish is such a turn off.  Am I wrong?  Please, help me understand!!

It's a huge turn off for me too. I have a crush on a hot guy I met before and happened to see a few pix of him wearing dark purple nail polish in his IG. Very disappointed.

Eh, most of the guys I know who wear nail polish are just dads who were playing with their young daughters and let them paint their nails and then left it on. They're not generally trying to make a statement and they usually don't maintain them. I don't care for the look myself but I don't care about it either. Tattoos bug me more.

On 6/6/2021 at 12:49 AM, FreshFluff said:

Which professions are being attacked? Are you talking about male-dominated medical specialties like orthopedic surgery? Surgeons in general used to throw surgical instruments at nurses and doctors who made even the slightest misstep, often causing injury. If all the talk about toxic masculinity shamed men out of this kind of behavior, then I’m all for it. 

police officers and military to be exact.

I personally love a manicure. I also have a clear coat gel on my nails as I love the look. 

I don’t use a color for my nails, but I have zero problems with those that do. To me, it’s just one more sign of someone who takes care of themselves. I would rather see a little color on their nails than a set of nails that are not well maintained that look like they just chew at the tips or not take care of them at all. 

1 hour ago, RadioRob said:

I personally love a manicure. I also have a clear coat gel on my nails as I love the look. 

I don’t use a color for my nails, but I have zero problems with those that do. To me, it’s just one more sign of someone who takes care of themselves. I would rather see a little color on their nails than a set of nails that are not well maintained that look like they just chew at the tips or not take care of them at all. 

You can also buff for a longer lasting result. 

I’m a minimalist in general. I prefer sheer, near-clear pink for manicures on myself--when I get back into a nail salon. I occasionally do neutral reds, but blue, green, yellow etc are not for me at all. I don't like the lookof piercings without earrings, so I don't have my ears pierced. 

On 6/5/2021 at 1:24 PM, Milo Farnsworth said:

Because it is getting out of control.  To quote Archie Bunker, " Guys like us we had it made,  Those were the days,  And you know where you were then, girls were girls and men were men . . ."  That's what we need.  And yes, I am very old fashioned.  I think women should wear skirts and dresses at all times, except if working in the garden or doing some manual housework.  Personally, I don't like women wearing pants.  But, since I'm not attracted to women I've learned to accept it.  I get wearing pants is more comfortable for them.

Men need to be men and leave the nail polish and lipstick and feminine shtick alone . . . 

Well make sure you tell women not to wear pants since originally they were made for men. There’s nothing wrong with liking masculinity, but your toxic masculinity that you were taught is out of line.  Nobody has a problem with girls being tomboys but once a man does anything outside of the norm “ oh no. Feminine things don’t define whether someone is a man or not. Can’t tell you how many times I was told what a man should do and what makes a man when I was a kid. But if you’re gonna talk with your toxic masculinity at least make sure you’re informed about history, men have been wearing make up, skirts, heels, wigs, since the beginning of time. So don’t judge, live and let live. 🤷🏻‍♂️   

24 minutes ago, italianboyph said:

Well make sure you tell women not to wear pants since originally they were made for men. There’s nothing wrong with liking masculinity, but your toxic masculinity that you were taught is out of line.  Nobody has a problem with girls being tomboys but once a man does anything outside of the norm “ oh no. Feminine things don’t define whether someone is a man or not. Can’t tell you how many times I was told what a man should do and what makes a man when I was a kid. But if you’re gonna talk with your toxic masculinity at least make sure you’re informed about history, men have been wearing make up, skirts, heels, wigs, since the beginning of time. So don’t judge, live and let live. 🤷🏻‍♂️   

This could also be extended to interests that have traditionally been deemed as either masculine or feminine... such as 'men like sports' and 'women like sewing', etc.   You make an excellent point about the historical blurring of gender expression - through my own reading I've come to understand that many biases we might assume started millennia ago actually had their genesis during the Victorian era, and in particular, the late Victorian era.  Ideas about gender and sexuality were disproportionately affected by the austere conservatism of that period, and by some additional influences carrying over from earlier Puritan sensibilities as well.  

No, no, and no. This is all wrong. Sorry but it's NOT Ok. One thing is live and let live, and another thing is promoting the ridicule.

Simple example: 2 guys walk into a gay bar. One is the masculine prototype and the other one wears flamboyant clothes, colourful make up/hair, earrings, etc.

Which one is going to generate more sexual interest and get more looks from the crowd? Stop the BS, this is very simple.

Edited by lonely_john

26 minutes ago, lonely_john said:

No, no, and no. This is all wrong. Sorry but it's NOT Ok. One thing is live and let live, and another thing is promoting the ridicule.

Simple example: 2 guys walk into a gay bar. One is the masculine prototype and the other one wears flamboyant clothes, colourful make up/hair, earrings, etc.

Which one is going to generate more sexual interest and get more looks from the crowd? Stop the BS, this is very simple.

What do you mean by it not being ok? Something can be ok but not necessarily generate sexual interest from you or most others. 

BTW, man buns seem more prevalent among cis straight men than gays. Those of us who like str8 men may have to get used to it.

Edited by FreshFluff

45 minutes ago, lonely_john said:

I know plenty of masculine men who have worn nail polish. That’s my point is nail polish doesn’t define whether someone is masculine or not. Look at me. Every gay man Masc or not has feminine qualities. Also you’d be surprised with who’s gonna get hit on fem vs Masc, you assuming that the Masc will be the one to get the attention over the fem says it all.  And there’s the straight dudes who are into the punk scene who wear the polish. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Just a thought 

Edited by italianboyph

29 minutes ago, FreshFluff said:

What do you mean by it not being ok? Something can be ok but not necessarily generate sexual interest from you or most others. 

BTW, man buns seem more prevalent among cis straight men than gays. Those of us who like str8 men may have to get used to it.

Exactly! once a straight man does something that gay men get ridiculed for, that’s when people accept it. Straight men have worn polish too and no one questions their masculinity.  

Edited by italianboyph

17 hours ago, italianboyph said:

you sir appear to be doing the same thing in reverse. many say "well its ok to put down and judge intolerance". yet thats the same thing that was said in the early part of the last century and those in society felt perfectly fine with their bigotry. you are being bigoted as well. if we are all to truly desire equality and getting along then we ALL have to desire equality and allow differing opinions to stay put.

5 hours ago, lonely_john said:

It's funny how you are quick to disqualify the opinion of a gay man on a straight women's topic (that's fair btw). Yet when it's a topic about gay men ON A GAY FORUM, not only "you are right" but also you want to push your opinions by start talking about straight men. SO FUNNY! Please, just don't.

Fair enough. I was trying to understand your distinction between “live and let live” and not ok/unattractive. Are you saying that it’s ok not to be attracted to men with nail polish?

This topic is 1045 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.