THANKSGIVING

Epigonos
This topic is 1239 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A fond memory I have is the first American Thanksgiving I celebrated in Fort Lauderdale over 20 years ago. I was invited by a friend I had met at the nude beach at Haulover in North Miami, where I was spending my winters.

The dinner party organized by this gay couple was really quite spectacular, a sit down dinner in their spacious back yard with all of us gathered under a pergola. About 25 to 30 as I recall. Party favours for all, a wonderful turkey dinner and copious amounts of wine.

And everyone was so friendly to include me in the conversation, not knowing any of them besides my friend. Just a great memory.

for a few years as a kid, we lived in the city where most of the relatives on my mother's side were born and raised......cousins, uncles, aunts, grandparents, in-laws, the whole bit......up to about thirty of us would get together for "family dinner" most Sundays and holidays.......have told this story before, but, one Thanksgiving, my grandmother (excellent midwestern salt-of-the-Earth cook) was in charge of the turkey gravy.....not familiar with the kitchen at which family dinner was being held that year, she added powdered sugar to the gravy instead of sifted flour........she felt absolutely terrible and the family talked about the gravy incident for years to come

Happy thanksgiving all! My brother and I are deep frying multiple turkeys as usual. But instead of a large family gathering our siblings will come by and pick up a deep fried turkey to go! Everyone’s bringing sides in small portions for each person also to take home with their to go turkey

Happy thanksgiving all! My brother and I are deep frying multiple turkeys as usual. But instead of a large family gathering our siblings will come by and pick up a deep fried turkey to go! Everyone’s bringing sides in small portions for each person also to take home with their to go turkey

what a fantastic "work-around" for this year's holiday gathering dilemma!!.......

To ALL, have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving with the hope that next years will be more open.

Luv

I second this sentiment. This is my first Thanksgiving without Mom. We lost Mom in April in the midst of the COVID epidemic. I will spend Thanksgiving with my sister and her family. My very best wishes to all of my good Forum buddies for a happy & healthy Thanksgiving! Let's take care so that we can get to the other side of this pandemic and enjoy life once again. CHEERS!

Having Thanksgiving dinner with my sister and brother-in-law outside in the bright sunshine and fresh air. Usually, a large family gathering with kids. This year playing safe.

Despite this year’s hardships, we have so much more to be thankful. Instead of looking at what we have lost with the pandemic, we will focus on what we have to be grateful and our hopes to return next year to our regular large family dinner.

Let's hope you have excellent health insurance. You might need it!

Excellent health insurance (which I haven't used in more than 5 years, except for annual physical) But thank you for being concerned. I will update in 2-3 weeks with news if any of the 22 people at the dinner/party caught it.

Hope you all had the opportunity to enjoy a delicious meal SAFELY with people you love, or alone like myself if that's your situation ?

Please follow the health guidelines to protect yourself and others. Next year WILL be better !

Welcome back. Been a while!