Longtime Forum Member 'Bigvalboy' Has Died

azdr0710
This topic is 840 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Met him several years ago a few times for breakfast, dinner, and/or a Jimmy Z show in his native southern California.....he leaned toward an energetic "alpha"-type of dude and the first time we met up at a Ventura Blvd restaurant he was dressed in all black and looked like an FBI agent!......I remember he got into a slight tussle with another patron at the Jimmy Z show!.......after a successful real-estate career, he cashed out, left a much-changed LA area ("it was paradise here when I was a kid", he told me), and moved to Ft. Lauderdale to live the life on the Intracoastal with his much-loved boat docked out back.......

his postings here tapered off a good bit in the last couple or three years, but longtime forum members will remember him......

Community%202.jpg?crop=(0,0,300,227)&cropxunits=300&cropyunits=227&quality=85&

Met him several years ago a few times for breakfast, dinner, and/or a Jimmy Z show in his native southern California.....he leaned toward an energetic "alpha"-type of dude and the first time we met up at a Ventura Blvd restaurant he was dressed in all black and looked like an FBI agent!......I remember he got into a slight tussle with another patron at the Jimmy Z show!.......after a successful real-estate career, he cashed out, left a much-changed LA area ("it was paradise here when I was a kid", he told me), and moved to Ft. Lauderdale to live the life on the Intracoastal with his much-loved boat docked out back.......

his postings here tapered off a good bit in the last couple or three years, but longtime forum members will remember him......

Thanks for this news. It brings closure when knowing why a voice has gone silent in a forum such as this. I remember his posts too In a general sense. That pic of the intercostal in FLD brings back memories of when my niece was engaged to a guy whose parents had a house pictured in the centre left on the North east corner. They also had a boat that we would take to a restaurant further downtown on the same side of the canal and it was valet parking. Needless to say we always got a great table.

I don’t know what to say. He was incredibly kind and, yes, an assertive alpha guy. RIP. I remember his love for boating. I still remember his reaction to the Boaty McBoatface story.

https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/boaty-mcboatface.112814/#post-1074536

Edited by FreshFluff

Rereading your post, I’m thinking about BVB’s comments on the California he knew as a child, which I’m guessing must have been in the post-war period of the 40’s and 50’s, if he was of my generation. He characterized it as a “paradise then”.

It reminds me of Linda Ronstad’s song, Adios. She recorded it in the 80’s, after I had made several visits in the ‘70s, and she sang of the “Paradise Lost” that was California In that song. I did go back in the 80’s and 90’s but could see hints of the rot that had set in.

Since that time many have moved there or visited and think it’s a great place. I haven’t been back in over 2 decades.

BVB then moved to south Florida and found happiness there. I’m glad as I have also spent some wonderful time there. It’s over a decade since I have been back so don’t have personal experience how it is now. But looking back through rose tinted glasses, I had a blast in my time in both California and Florida.

Rest in peace ?️ my friend. I never had the chance to meet him. But I do remember reading his posts. In this business Im in I meet many wonderful people Always coming to the events, answering emails, bringing there friends to see the boys. Then all of a sudden they stop coming. I send a email but no answer. It's a shame. Many of us spend so much time with one another but never think that if something happens that the family or whoever they leave in charge has no idea of the friends from the strip clubs. We are never called, or able to attend a wake or funeral, say our last goodbyes. How many of you have experienced this?.

I had heard about BVB’s passing and was shocked and saddened. He was an avid contributor to this forum for quite a number of years. I unfortunately never met him, but it was not for lack of trying!

When he moved to FL we lived on opposte ends of the Alley.. well it’s a rather long “alley”... so we attempted to hook up several times. In fact twice I had made arrangements to get to FTL, but both times family issues called him back to his native CA. Plans for him to make the trip in the opposite direction also fell through. Then there were a few hurricanes and other crazy occurrences that prevented things from happening. Plus I was toggling between north and south and when he was visiting up north I would be south or visa versa. So it was not to be.

It was obvious that he loved life and I recall him saying that FTL was always like a big party. I’m sure he was the life of those parties! Not to mention more than a few strip clubs! Also based on what I alluded to above his family seemed to be an important part of his life. So condolences to his family and his close friends. I am sure that their “boat boy” will be greatly missed.

wake.jpg