2021 Palm Springs Weekend

Oliver
This topic is 1112 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Well, unfortunately, from the news reports that I have heard in the last couple of days government disorganization has meant that the actual vaccination of the American population is perhaps 10% of what they were aiming for by the end of this year. That pushes everything back, e.g., who will get vaccinated when, by large increments. Although I have a couple of months to be bound to cancel my reservations I should do it anyway. That way they, as it is a very small resort, others can have the room. I know that hope springs eternal I just do not know know how eternal I should pretend it will be. I suppose if this is the least of my worries, I should consider myself very, very lucky indeed.

Well, unfortunately, from the news reports that I have heard in the last couple of days government disorganization has meant that the actual vaccination of the American population is perhaps 10% of what they were aiming for by the end of this year. That pushes everything back, e.g., who will get vaccinated when, by large increments. Although I have a couple of months to be bound to cancel my reservations I should do it anyway. That way they, as it is a very small resort, others can have the room. I know that hope springs eternal I just do not know know how eternal I should pretend it will be. I suppose if this is the least of my worries, I should consider myself very, very lucky indeed.

The news here in Canada's largest province is not great either. Yesterday was the largest number of new cases since the pandemic started at about 3000. The vaccination rollout is anything but smooth and only a tiny number of people have been vaccinated. More people are getting sick on a daily basis than are been vaccinated so we are so far losing the race against the virus.

Israel seems to be doing a much better job. With a population much less than Ontario, they have vaccinated over a quarter million people by Dec 27 to our 13,000, both having started around the same time. It really sucks.

I've been watching a lot of news today. Seems like production and distribution are not going to be issues - just the coordination/scheduling of the actual immunizations. My sense (gut instinct more than fact based) is that once the states figure it out, things will go quickly to catch back up. So I'm going to remain optimistic about things.

I've been watching a lot of news today. Seems like production and distribution are not going to be issues - just the coordination/scheduling of the actual immunizations. My sense (gut instinct more than fact based) is that once the states figure it out, things will go quickly to catch back up. So I'm going to remain optimistic about things.

I like your optimism. We must remember however that 1) depending on the vaccine you may need one/two vaccinations at different intervals and 2) it takes a certain interval for your body to react so that it works against the virus. They really don't know exactly what #2 is.

I like your optimism. We must remember however that 1) depending on the vaccine you may need one/two vaccinations at different intervals and 2) it takes a certain interval for your body to react so that it works against the virus. They really don't know exactly what #2 is.

Who doesn't know what #2 is???;)

if Coachella is cancelled, I don't know if that will really mean more of the accommodations "we" will be staying at will become available ;):p since the venue is about 30 miles from Palm Springs and many Coachella attendees camp or grab nearby motels.....

I'm concerned, though, about the link and comment upthread a ways suggesting that California hotels are not currently allowed to even accept reservations from out-of-staters........has this been checked or confirmed??....

also, there was one forum weekend year in which I scored a great late deal, via hotwire, at one of the several mainstream large golf resorts scattered across the area......admittedly a few miles from the action, but I had a car, got a very nice room, and saved a bit over the going Warm Sands/downtown Palm Spgs rates.......

I'm concerned, though, about the link and comment upthread a ways suggesting that California hotels are not currently allowed to even accept reservations from out-of-staters........has this been checked or confirmed??....

Yes. Per the INNdulge homepage, " We are temporarily closed until January 21 or until Southern California lifts its ban on leisure travel. Please email for isolated, no-service stays of 6 nights or longer."

If you come to Palm Springs, you might want to be careful about using dating apps. At least one man is setting people up. He makes the date, arrives, and then lets others in to the residence where they proceed to rob the date.

Here's the story:

https://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2021/01/07/would-online-date-charged-palm-springs-armed-home-invasion/6591817002/