2021 Palm Springs Weekend

Oliver
This topic is 1126 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

If you come to Palm Springs, you might want to be careful about using dating apps. At least one man is setting people up. He makes the date, arrives, and then lets others in to the residence where they proceed to rob the date.

Here's the story:

https://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2021/01/07/would-online-date-charged-palm-springs-armed-home-invasion/6591817002/

That's very scary! I deleted Grindr a few months ago because of stuff like this! Another reason I'm glad Inndulge and other resorts are locked up to keep people out unless they are brought in by a guest. Years ago in Ft.Lauderdale I was attacked in my room by a guy I was chatting with on Scruff, he climbed the wall to the resort and had a universal key to the rooms somehow. I was lying in bed and the door burst open and he attacked me. The staff heard the commotion and chased him off and fortunately I was okay just traumatized.

The Weekend was moved from February to April to get (hopefully) warmer weather. But the forecast for the next three days shows high temperatures of 87! And sunshine!

☀☀☀

I’m not surprised. Here it’s 30 degrees most days. OK, not 87 but usually it’s around 15 down to 0 degrees F at this time of the year in Ontario, Canada.

Orange County, where I live, in Southern California is beginning to take appointments for covid19 vaccinations for all residents over 65. I don't have an appointment yet but should in the very near future. Los Angeles County appears to be completely clueless, at this point, and has not yet decided whether or not to begin inoculations for those over 65. Riverside County, where Palm Springs is located, is in the process of setting up a system similar to the one in Orange County.

Orange County, where I live, in Southern California is beginning to take appointments for covid19 vaccinations for all residents over 65. I don't have an appointment yet but should in the very near future. Los Angeles County appears to be completely clueless, at this point, and has not yet decided whether or not to begin inoculations for those over 65. Riverside County, where Palm Springs is located, is in the process of setting up a system similar to the one in Orange County.

Same here in DC. Starting this past Monday, residents 65 and older can now sign up for vaccinations. I'm getting my first dosage on Saturday, and the 2nd 28 days later.

Riverside County started booking appointments for those over 65 yesterday; within 2 hrs, every available time was taken. This morning on Nextdoor I read comments from seniors in Palm Springs who said that the earliest appts they could get were in February, in places many miles away.

Charlie the same thing appears to be happening here in Orange County. The web sign up site is so overwhelmed that at times it is impossible to get on. I can usually get on in the early morning which works for me because I'm an early riser. As of yet I haven't been able to book an appointment and my guess is that it will be sometime in late February when I do. That works fine for me as I'm flying to the mid west on January 27 to accompany Oliver to Palm Springs for his annual visit. When I finally do get an appointment I will post the information here.

I have been avoiding the virus to date and plan to keep doing the things I do to keep it at bay. So, when the vaccine is here for me, I will be here for it. I hope!

North Carolina is not one of the more cosmopolitan states, but my sister and her husband there were vaccinated yesterday.

I just heard on the news that California is number 43 or 44 in the nation regarding vaccination preparedness and implementation . The state has not yet decided whether or not to issue a recommendation to start vaccinating people over 65. Several counties had taken the initiative to do so while others are waiting for the state to offer direction -- good luck. No wonder the movement to recall the governor appears to be gaining steam.

I just heard on the news that California is number 43 or 44 in the nation regarding vaccination preparedness and implementation . The state has not yet decided whether or not to issue a recommendation to start vaccinating people over 65. Several counties had taken the initiative to do so while others are waiting for the state to offer direction -- good luck. No wonder the movement to recall the governor appears to be gaining steam.

It's not just the governor. The whole state bureaucracy seems to contain large areas of inefficiency and incompetence--look at the disastrous handling of the unemployment funds or the hi-speed train construction.

Charlie the same thing appears to be happening here in Orange County. The web sign up site is so overwhelmed that at times it is impossible to get on. I can usually get on in the early morning which works for me because I'm an early riser. As of yet I haven't been able to book an appointment and my guess is that it will be sometime in late February when I do. That works fine for me as I'm flying to the mid west on January 27 to accompany Oliver to Palm Springs for his annual visit. When I finally do get an appointment I will post the information here.

True of many other states also

I was told by two doctors that the CDC recommends that individuals that developed Gullain-Barre Syndrome (probably due to a flu vaccine) NOT receive the Covid-19 vaccine. Certain components in the flu vaccine are also in the Covid vaccine. So, I’m out for the new vaccine. Bummer.

Maybe not. CNN reported this afternoon that there is another vaccine just announced that is a one-shot deal.

https://time.com/5929675/johnson-johnsons-1-shot-covid-19-vaccine-shows-promise-in-early-stage-trials/

Riverside County is doing a completely shit job of rolling out the vaccines. Even those who can get an appointment have to wait up to 2 hours in line. Some appointments are not honored. It will be weeks before they get it right.

UPDATED: https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/14/world/covid19-coronavirus#california-just-made-it-easier-for-people-to-get-vaccinated-for-many-it-feels-harder-than-ever

Edited by Lucky

Maybe not. CNN reported this afternoon that there is another vaccine just announced that is a one-shot deal.

https://time.com/5929675/johnson-johnsons-1-shot-covid-19-vaccine-shows-promise-in-early-stage-trials/

Hopefully it turns out to be just as effective as the two shot ones we have now. We could really nip this in the butt with a one shot vaccine.

Riverside County is doing a completely shit job of rolling out the vaccines. Even those who can get an appointment have to wait up to 2 hours in line. Some appointments are not honored. It will be weeks before they get it right.

UPDATED: https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/14/world/covid19-coronavirus#california-just-made-it-easier-for-people-to-get-vaccinated-for-many-it-feels-harder-than-ever

I read that Moderna willing be adding a third shot to be given after the current ones to attempt to affect immunization. It had only been two. Studies just a regimen is currently being studied in the U.K.

I read that Moderna willing be adding a third shot to be given after the current ones to attempt to affect immunization. It had only been two. Studies just a regimen is currently being studied in the U.K.

No one is complaining about Moderna or Pfizer rolling out the vaccine. It is the GOVERNMENT that is failing us.