What Are You Reading During Your Staying-at-Home?????

Axiom2001
This topic is 1320 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Since most Americans have to remain at home unless it's necessary to leave-- in what activities have you engaged yourself? What reading have you've been doing?

I have loads of books and a sizeable number of magazines which I've been perusing. The books that I am reading currently are: Dustin Lance Black's MAMA'S BOY (ordered from Bookshop Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) via phone and sent from the warehouse)-- David P. Wichman's every grain of sand-- and former First Lady Michelle Obama's BECOMING.

Within a few days, I'll return to this post to check out the possibilities/suggestions. :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

though it isn't a read, mention of "In Cold Blood" upthread made me think of the movie "Capote", about his experience writing the book....available on youtube for "free with ads".......hadn't seen it in a long while and just now watched a few scenes of it.....haunting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na3r-uLmJkY

Edited by azdr0710

Long answer to a short question, but when Boarders was in the process of liquidating, I went to our local store and bought a whole bunch of books. A few got read, a few got donated to the library, but most of the books just went on the shelves. My desire to read runs hot and cold. I’ll read a couple three in a row, and not read another for a few years. I was just looking at the book shelves the other day to see what I have. After I finish doing my taxes, I’m going to turn off the TV, close the computer for most of the day and escape into “The Devil in the White City”.

I don’t have it currently, and it’s been over 35 years since I read it, but as far as a reread, I’d like to read “Backstairs at the White House” again. Back then I was just out of college, had just moved to a new city, poor, didn’t have a TV, a car, so I used to check out books from the library for something to do in the evening. I thought it was a good read, and about the only one I remember.

Edited by bashful

though it isn't a read, mention of "In Cold Blood" upthread made me think of the movie "Capote", about his experience writing the book....available on youtube for "free with ads".......hadn't seen it in a long while and just now watched a few scenes of it.....haunting

Capote was good, but I enjoyed Infamous with Toby Jones a lot more. His embodiment of Capote felt more authentic to me.

I'm also a sucker for seeing Sandra Bullock in dramatic material. She's really good here.

Capote was good, but I enjoyed Infamous with Toby Jones a lot more. His embodiment of Capote felt more authentic to me.

I'm also a sucker for seeing Sandra Bullock in dramatic material. She's really good here.

thanks......it seems to have come out about a year after Capote and about the very same subject.....I sorta remember it, but I guess it didn't get as much buzz at the time - or something......will add it to the queue!

I haven't gotten around to any reading but this isolation has given me some much needed time in my studio. I haven't found the time to work on my art for the better part of two years. I've whipped out five paintings over the last three weeks and worked on a couple of sculptures. This pandemic is so unfortunate, but I hate to say it... it's been treating me very well.

Just finished Every Grain of Sand. I enjoyed it and I learned a lot about addiction,

relapses, and recovery. Although I’ve never met David, it seems very true to his spirit.

I LOVE In Cold Blood....thanks for reminding me. I need to re-read it.

An Exhaltation of Larks by James Lipton.

I remember reading In Cold Blood serialized in The New Yorker in the ‘60’s. Could hardly wait for the next episode.