What’s your guilty pleasure?

TylerandAce
This topic is 1242 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely, which is why I was surprised I shared it. Have you read or listened to any of his interviews? He's fascinating and the kind of man many of us have have hoped for as we've fought for feminist ideas and against toxic masculinity.

Wil put it on the list! We haven't watched yet.

Showtimes Shameless. But when I’m feeling real classy it’s eating Cheeto flavored popcorn while watching a MetOpera in HD performance in a near empty theater. I mean I was chewing vigorously almost to the point the nuns were beheaded on Dialogue of The Carmelites.

We love us some Shameless, but our go-to is Garrett's popcorn. Have it delivered fresh every week! OMG

My mission to try anything and everything possible under a poached egg and hollandaise

I'll go traditional on the accompaniment but a bit radical on the bread. But the ham has to be good.

So, ciabatta toast didn't work for me but Turkish bread did, and preferable to an English muffin.

I'll go traditional on the accompaniment but a bit radical on the bread. But the ham has to be good.

So, ciabatta toast didn't work for me but Turkish bread did, and preferable to an English muffin.

Breads: a puff pasty. A cornbread loaf.. a cornbread hoe cake. A yeast doughnut (didnt like that) a puff pastry shell. My favorite... brioche, no crust, griddled in clarified butter.

Protein accompaniment. I like but not wildly in love with bacon, ham, etc. Loved: Roasted wild mushrooms. Dungeness crab. Roasted cajun shrimp. Carnitas. Braised, shredded shortrib. But, the semi-traditional alternative remains my favorite: sliced smoked salmon

My mission to try anything and everything possible under a poached egg and hollandaise

If you’re in Texas (San Antonio, Austin, Houston and maybe Dallas) try Central Market on weekends. They have have a Mexican Eggs Benedict you might like: cornbread, chorizo, poached eggs, cumin laced hollandaise, sliced avocado and perhaps some squeezed lime. Yum!

Valentine's day chocolates, purchased the day after at a steep discount. Thanks CVS!! :D

I went to the local Walgreens today to pick up a prescription and just so happened go walk through the Valentine's chocolate aisle (the pharmacy is in the back corner). *cough* *sputter* *gasp* It was almost empty!! What the heck happened to all the heart-shaped boxes of half-price chocolate?! The only thing left on the shelf were heart-shaped Hostess Ding Dongs (I kid you not). Oh well, spared myself all the calories.

If you’re in Texas (San Antonio, Austin, Houston and maybe Dallas) try Central Market on weekends. They have have a Mexican Eggs Benedict you might like: cornbread, chorizo, poached eggs, cumin laced hollandaise, sliced avocado and perhaps some squeezed lime. Yum!

I'll look for that or similar in the Mexican communities, markets here in CA. Makes me wonder if I should visit a well-known weekend market here in the San Francisco Mission District. I don't foresee any Texas trips in my foreseeable future - although I'd like to visit Austin and San Antonio.

I had that eggs Benedict for breakfast in Austin last weekend at The District, and I thought it was awful.