Changing your underwear

bigjoey
This topic is 1720 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daily without fail.

And I completely replace my entire collection every year. Even have a repeating appointment on my calendar for it! :)

Not that anyone will notice, but at least I don't smell.

I go commando about 99% of the time......here in the hot and dry country, it's cooler, drier, quicker, and more comfortable......

Don't you get CHAFED ???? I aint mad at your swinging package, but I must have meaty thighs cause if I didn't wear undies, they would stick together.

Guest buffwolverine
I change them twice a day.

Once I’m done with my workout, I shower and put on fresh undies. The ones I worked out in are entirely soaked. Wouldn’t think of putting them back on.

Basically my underwear changes every time I shower.

Clean package, goes in clean briefs.

Same. Or I go commando at the gym.

Im trying to decide how I feel about the NYDN article in the initial post.

Most things are habit. Parents expected fresh undies and clothes and off to school, or camp, or play or..... just assumed everyones' parents/adults did same.

I have no issue with any response on here... but I wonder who (at least among those with means, homes, etc) isnt raised to don fresh undies daily? Or who transitions into adulthood and chooses same undies on consecutive days?

I change them whenever it becomes necessary for sanitary reasons. E.g., after I play tennis on days like this, when the temperature is 116, they are soaked with sweat, so I change them immediately as soon as I get home. OTOH, sometimes I will wear the same pair for three or four days if they are dry, clean and don't smell.

I can't imagine buying new underwear every year, like Hoover42. I still wear a few pairs of underpants that I bought at Bloomingdale's in the mid-1980s, and they are still in good condition, though newer ones often do wear out more quickly. I rarely need to wear undershirts, so they last a long time. I rarely get rid of any clothing I like if it is still wearable, so I still wear some of the things that I bought when I was a college student.

I change them whenever it becomes necessary for sanitary reasons. E.g., after I play tennis on days like this, when the temperature is 116, they are soaked with sweat, so I change them immediately as soon as I get home. OTOH, sometimes I will wear the same pair for three or four days if they are dry, clean and don't smell.

I can't imagine buying new underwear every year, like Hoover42. I still wear a few pairs of underpants that I bought at Bloomingdale's in the mid-1980s, and they are still in good condition, though newer ones often do wear out more quickly. I rarely need to wear undershirts, so they last a long time. I rarely get rid of any clothing I like if it is still wearable, so I still wear some of the things that I bought when I was a college student.

How much bleach do you use when washing your 20+ year undies? My Calvin's start fading away after 3-4 montha. Also, the elastic waist band loosens up in the dryer. Gimme the tighty-whitey form fitting undies anytime …

How expensive can it be replacing them?

Who WEARS underwear ? I gave it up for Depends. o_O

Two colleagues and I were discussing Depends today as we were on a loooooong conference call and had to keep running to the restroom.

I go commando about 99% of the time......here in the hot and dry country, it's cooler, drier, quicker, and more comfortable......

I sweat way too much to go commando. It is just uncomfortable.

Yucky! Imagine the summer days and foul odor ... eeeeek the cat!

When I HAVE gone commando the scent down there was no more or less strong than when I wear underwear.

And some of us like the natural scent of a man's pits, balls, and feet.

Guest buffwolverine
Im trying to decide how I feel about the NYDN article in the initial post.

Most things are habit. Parents expected fresh undies and clothes and off to school, or camp, or play or..... just assumed everyones' parents/adults did same.

I have no issue with any response on here... but I wonder who (at least among those with means, homes, etc) isnt raised to don fresh undies daily? Or who transitions into adulthood and chooses same undies on consecutive days?

I question the article too. The way the article is written it makes me believe the question was “have you ever worn the same pair of underwear more than one day” vs “do you consistently wear the same pair more than one day”.

Depending on how the question was ask people would have responded differently. I change mine often (everyone I shower or workout). But I recall having worn the same pair twice once on a long road trip and once while camping.

Out of 1,000 people responding to an informal poll conducted by the underwear maker, 45% admitted they had worn the same pair of undies for two or more days, with 13% saying they had worn the same pair for a week or more, Tommy John said.

I have three stacks of underwear in both houses. Although I have a few Tommy Johns, since I discovered Mack Weldon, that’s all I wear. They’re styling and fit are great. Since I have so many pairs, they last for years. I’ve never felt that CK were very well made. Every time I shower, I change.