Old version of the forum

DavidMore
This topic is 1958 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest MikeThomas
Where is that?

The search window looks pretty much like the old one in my screen.

Go to search. Click on Advanced. Click on Threads.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MikeThomas
The "search child forums" option existed in the last version too.

Thanks. Never noticed that. I was usually searching direct from the Deli or Spa thread.

What is not easy? Everything is the same, just looks more contemporaneous.

I think we all just get used to and familiar with something and then we struggle momentarily with change - That is life in this technological world -- updates happen whether we like or ask for them:):) The importance of this forum is members and content -- regardless of format!

As most regulars here know, I generally dislike changes in technology (I got my first iPhone a couple of months ago, and I still have sent only two texts and taken three photos; I don't understand how to use most of the functions, and don't care to learn.) I feared that I would be very frustrated by the changes here, but in fact I have so far found it very easy to adjust to them, even though I have just logged on. I especially like the new "rate" options, and the info that is immediately available about the poster.

Does the new version inform one when one's posts are quoted by someone else? I noticed at least one instance since the forum came back up where someone quoted me and I heard crickets (not even that!)

And another think I just noticed when I clicked "show all" under alerts it only showed ratings from the past week. Is that a new "feature"

Does the new version inform one when one's posts are quoted by someone else? I noticed at least one instance since the forum came back up where someone quoted me and I heard crickets (not even that!)

And another think I just noticed when I clicked "show all" under alerts it only showed ratings from the past week. Is that a new "feature"

I believe it does. Occasionally I will see in the Alerts section where I have been quoted. But you have to check the Alert section when it has a number superimposed on it.

I believe it does. Occasionally I will see in the Alerts section where I have been quoted. But you have to check the Alert section when it has a number superimposed on it.

Just like the previous version, unless you turned on the email notification that is sent when a thread you interacred with had activity. Just like the new version. My guess is the default setting is to not receive email notifications, so you have to turn on notifications to receive them.

Seems to be working again. I was just “alerted” that you quoted me. Thanks!