Old version of the forum

DavidMore
This topic is 1958 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

May just be my laptop, or that I use Chrome, but when I hover the arrow over "Like", a bar about 3 inches wide appears below. In the very far right side of the bar, there's an emoji (the only one that appears). When I hover the arrow over it, a small blue box appears just above that I says "Angry". No other emojis appear in the bar, but I just happened to move the arrow to the left after hovering over "Angry", and small blue boxes appear as if the denote the blank space has other emojis, and what the absent emojis mean. Moving to the left from "Angry", is "Insulting", "Dislike", "Sad", "Meh", "Ad Hominem", "Verbose", "Applause", "Happy", and "Like". But, as I said, there is no actual emoji that appears within the bar other than the "Angry" emoji.

Just thought I let you all know in case others are not seeing things that are being discussed, such as tongues, and sunglasses.

Same here (nothing showing but the angry emoji on the far right, though the blue labels for 'like' 'applause' 'verbose' etc. appear if I hover over the spaces to the left of the angry emoji!) and I'm using Internet Explorer!

TruHart1 :cool:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I see the difference but I am not sure why both are avaiable? Perhaps convenience? As mentioned when I hover over the "Like" symbol several emojis above. However that does not include a tongue version. If on the other hand I go to the "Reply" box all the regular emojis appear. I guess I was confused which set to choose from as the number chages when one is chosen.

Can we please have the old version of the forum back? Who else liked the old version better?

I’m not a huge fan either, but maybe it’s just adjusting to something new.

For me, the old version was fine, and the new version (which looks more contemporary) is fine too. I think @nycman makes the essential point: It's just a matter of adjusting to something new.

I wouldn't have thought of saying it, and I wouldn't call it a problem, but I do agree with @AshburyGuy that the light blue type on white is hard on the eyes -- especially when the type is in a smaller size -- so, on the Home Page, for ex., not so much with headers like "The Lounge," "The Deli," etc., but moreso with the lists of members online and latest posts.

I am not technologically savvy.

I'd say the same about myself (but admit that sometimes I just haven't tried hard enough to figure something out).

The one thing I don't yet understand about what's changed here is how to post a picture (although I see that other people are having no trouble with it). Whenever I did it in the past, I just copied an image from wherever and pasted it into my post. I see in the new TOS that this approach is no longer allowed …

"Uploaded images consume bandwidth, present certain technical challenges and often present legal challenges, too. For these reasons, the ability to upload pictures or other files to the Message Center has been deactivated. However, images that exist on other web servers may be linked in messages and the message center software will display the image if the server allows it."

… but apparently (and sadly) I am too techno-dense to understand the instruction ("images that exist on other web servers may be linked in messages and the message center software will display the image") on what we're supposed to do instead.

Anyone care to enlighten this poor Luddite?

For me, the old version was fine, and the new version (which looks more contemporary) is fine too. I think @nycman makes the essential point: It's just a matter of adjusting to something new.

I wouldn't have thought of saying it, and I wouldn't call it a problem, but I do agree with @AshburyGuy that the light blue type on white is hard on the eyes -- especially when the type is in a smaller size -- so, on the Home Page, for ex., not so much with headers like "The Lounge," "The Deli," etc., but moreso with the lists of members online and latest posts.

I'd say the same about myself (but admit that sometimes I just haven't tried hard enough to figure something out).

The one thing I don't yet understand about what's changed here is how to post a picture (although I see that other people are having no trouble with it). Whenever I did it in the past, I just copied an image from wherever and pasted it into my post. I see in the new TOS that this approach is no longer allowed …

"Uploaded images consume bandwidth, present certain technical challenges and often present legal challenges, too. For these reasons, the ability to upload pictures or other files to the Message Center has been deactivated. However, images that exist on other web servers may be linked in messages and the message center software will display the image if the server allows it."

… but apparently (and sadly) I am too techno-dense to understand the instruction ("images that exist on other web servers may be linked in messages and the message center software will display the image") on what we're supposed to do instead.

Well the first thing you need to do is setup an account on a 3rd party photo hosting site, I use postimages.org but there’s are lots out there.

Upload your photo you’d like to post to that photo hosting website

The photo hosting website will have a way to share a link to your photo, copy or somehow make note of that link

Here on our forum, when composing a new message/reply, click on the photo icon, a dialog box will pop up asking for the link to your photo, enter the link you saved from the step above, save all and post your message.

Anytime point out if I’m missing a step?

Clumsy thick fingered attempt to point out image link icon;

A0-E20-F1-F-E358-4-AF2-82-AE-854-F4-A65292-C.jpg

Edited by MikeBiDude

@ArVaGuy, I agree. That was my 1st issue when testing the upgrade. When on your iPhone you now have to turn it sideways to see your avatar in order to log out.

Not in my phone. I can see my avatar even when the phone is not sideways. I have an iPhone 8, but that should not make any difference, right?

@latbear4blk: I have a iPhone 6 & I don’t see my avatar unless I turn it sideways. I’m guessing that your screen is larger.

Of course! That make sense. Yes, I have an 8 plus (I wish I could say that about my dick). :)

AH HA!!! That’s the issue. I’ve got an iPhone 8 but it’s not a Plus. I cannot see the avatar unless it’s turned sideways. Thanks for clarifying.

Step 1 Click on your Avadar at the top of the screen:

M4M_Message_Forum_Step1.png

Note: On iPhones you'll only see the avadar (The W in a circle in this case)

Step 2 Click on Logout:

M4M_Message_Forum_Step2.jpg

I like the new version a lot.

The only issue I’ve had is logging out on my iPhone.

Edited by Guy Fawkes

Step 1 Click on your handle at the top of the screen:

Step 2 Click on Logout:

When using an

Step 1 Click on your handle at the top of the screen:

Step 2 Click on Logout:

@Guy Fawkes: If you’re viewing the site on an iPhone 6, you don’t see your avatar to logout unless you turn your phone sideways to broaden your screen. Didn’t have this issue with the old version. Once you realize this, it’s not a big deal.

I am not at all technologically savvy. I am one of those who disdain people (particularly younger people) who show how a function works and tell you how "intuitive" it is. But I kind of like Ted above. the brightness of the new version. Maybe it is the near newness of the whole thing but I know that even I can probably learn it. The one teeny thing I would like (and I mentioned it elsewhere) is I would like a "tongue out" emoji. For me that signifies (particularly in the Gallery section) that I want to lick/rim/ravage the body in the pick as opposed to a mere "Like" or "Applause" emoji. There are times on the other hand that I like a pic as a photograph and not necessarily for some sexual stirring it illicits. So, I would ask that the tongue emoji be added.

It's there, right next to the sunglasses one.

@TruthBTold, are you referring to the emoji that can be put into a post, like this: :p or the symbols that you can use to vote (like, dislike, etc) on a thread. If you are referring to voting, then there is no emoji with its tongue out. Of curse, in the old version there wasn’t one, either. There was ne voting option: “Like.” Now you have more choices. If you are referring to the emoji that can be put into a post, there is still a tongue-out emoji, as demonstrated above. As @FreshFluff pointwd out, it is between the sunglasses and big smile emoji.

@TruthBTold, are you referring to the emoji that can be put into a post, like this: :p or the symbols that you can use to vote (like, dislike, etc) on a thread. If you are referring to voting, then there is no emoji with its tongue out. Of curse, in the old version there wasn’t one, either. There was ne voting option: “Like.” Now you have more choices. If you are referring to the emoji that can be put into a post, there is still a tongue-out emoji, as demonstrated above. As @FreshFluff pointwd out, it is between the sunglasses and big smile emoji.

Ah, I see what you're saying. You'd like a "tongue out" in the "Rate" emojis at the bottom.

True. My suggestion is that besides those provided (and are substantial) there is not one that provides for the "lust" feeling that one often feels in the Gallery section. For selfish purposes it also does not provide that "I would love to rim that ass" that a good Moondance or WilliamM (among others) ass dance yanks out of me. E.g.,

http://68.media.tumblr.com/f628a403a0fd1e3f56081c821240aed3/tumblr_oft41cDa0w1qdolfbo1_1280.jpg

:p or ? ? from my iPad emojis
m

I was never able to get my emojis to show up once the post was posted.

As far as I know, and of course I'm willing to be corrected by the Daddy and the moderators, we've never been able to upload pictures directly to the Forum. I'm not sure exactly what you were doing. Copy and pasting didn't ever work for me because you can't upload pictures here. What you can do is get the web address of the picture, and using the Forum software the picture will display.

Well the first thing you need to do is setup an account on a 3rd party photo hosting site, I use postimages.org but there’s are lots out there.

Upload your photo you’d like to post to that photo hosting website

The photo hosting website will have a way to share a link to your photo, copy or somehow make note of that link

Here on our forum, when composing a new message/reply, click on the photo icon, a dialog box will pop up asking for the link to your photo, enter the link you saved from the step above, save all and post your message.

Anytime point out if I’m missing a step?

Clumsy thick fingered attempt to point out image link icon;

A0-E20-F1-F-E358-4-AF2-82-AE-854-F4-A65292-C.jpg

I use Dropbox. But I often try not to use it by using the actual URL of the picture if I can get it. Sometimes you are blocked from obtaining it.

Gman

As far as I know, and of course I'm willing to be corrected by the Daddy and the moderators, we've never been able to upload pictures directly to the Forum. I'm not sure exactly what you were doing. Copy and pasting didn't ever work for me because you can't upload pictures here. What you can do is get the web address of the picture, and using the Forum software the picture will display.

That’s right - we were never allowed to post pictures directly in the Forum. That part of the terms and rules has not changed.

… We've never been able to upload pictures directly to the Forum. I'm not sure exactly what you were doing. Copy and pasting didn't ever work for me because you can't upload pictures here. What you can do is get the web address of the picture, and using the Forum software the picture will display.

That’s right - we were never allowed to post pictures directly in the Forum. That part of the terms and rules has not changed.

Hmmm. Well, if I was breaking the rules, I did it unknowingly. Sorry about that.

I was never a frequent picture poster, but when it happened, the only way I ever did it, or knew to do it, was to copy and paste, and that worked for me -- the images appeared.

(Since the new TOS specifically say, "the ability to upload pictures or other files to the Message Center has been deactivated," that would seem to confirm that it did used to be possible.)

Hmmm. Well, if I was breaking the rules, I did it unknowingly. Sorry about that.

I was never a frequent picture poster, but when it happened, the only way I ever did it, or knew to do it, was to copy and paste, and that worked for me -- the images appeared.

(Since the new TOS specifically say, "the ability to upload pictures or other files to the Message Center has been deactivated," that would seem to confirm that it did used to be possible.)

Through the magic of the Internet Archive Wayback Machine here is a screen shot of the Forum rules, circa 2015:

tumblr_pjrmoiiA4O1y1fkr0o1_1280.jpg

When you follow the link, above. and scroll to the top you will see a revision date of 2005. As you can see, that rule has not changed with the new version of the Forum software. It has been in place for several years.

… that rule ("the ability to upload pictures or other files to the Message Center has been deactivated," ) has not changed with the new version of the Forum software. It has been in place for several years.

So I see. My mistake. All I can tell you is that, previously, I could (and did) copy an image and paste it in to a post. It's the only way I ever posted a picture. Can't do that now. I thought that part of the TOS was new and explained the change, but apparently not.