Old version of the forum

DavidMore
This topic is 1958 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was so easy , so simple. The new version is not easy

I’m not a huge fan either, but maybe it’s just adjusting to something new.

What significant difference do you see? Everything is mostly the same, just a different look. I think the major changes are still in the oven, like the new system of penalty points and warnings.

Am I missing something?

Edited by latbear4blk

Having managed large IT systems, you cannot stay on outdated and thus unsupported versions of products.

Operating systems, data base systems, hardware and software are all interdependent.

You must constantly be upgrading and stay current or you run the risk of platform instability.

At IBM it was called RAS. Reliability, Availability and Serviceability.

Daddy is to be commended for his IT expertise.

Having managed large IT systems, you cannot stay on outdated and thus unsupported versions of products.

Operating systems, data base systems, hardware and software are all interdependent.

You must constantly be upgrading and stay current or you run the risk of platform instability.

At IBM it was called RAS. Reliability, Availability and Serviceability.

Daddy is to be commended for his IT expertise.

Not to talk about our brains. Changing is good.

So how does this new stuff work? If I click on "like", I think that is it. But in the new world, do I have to pick an emoji, because I just clicked on like, and happened to hover on the emoji, and it said angry. I'm so confused. Did I say I liked it (I did), or did I say I was angry at what was posted (not)? I think I'm going to just read for a while until I can figure out what's going on.

What significant difference do you see? Everything is mostly the same, just a different look. I think the major changes are still in the oven, like the new system of penalty points and warnings.

Am I missing something?

If you are missing something then I am, too. I really don’t understand what is so drastically different.

So how does this new stuff work? If I click on "like", I think that is it. But in the new world, do I have to pick an emoji, because I just clicked on like, and happened to hover on the emoji, and it said angry. I'm so confused.

The first emoji (i.e. the left-most in the row) is a thumbs-up. My first thought upon seeing it was “Oh, clicking on the thumbs-up means I like the post.” Sure enough, it was!

I am not at all technologically savvy. I am one of those who disdain people (particularly younger people) who show how a function works and tell you how "intuitive" it is. But I kind of like the brightness of the new version. Maybe it is the near newness of the whole thing but I know that even I can probably learn it. The one teeny thing I would like (and I mentioned it elsewhere) is I would like a "tongue out" emoji. For me that signifies (particularly in the Gallery section) that I want to lick/rim/ravage the body in the pick as opposed to a mere "Like" or "Applause" emoji. There are times on the other hand that I like a pic as a photograph and not necessarily for some sexual stirring it illicits. So, I would ask that the tongue emoji be added.

I am not at all technologically savvy. I am one of those who disdain people (particularly younger people) who show how a function works and tell you how "intuitive" it is. But I kind of like the brightness of the new version. Maybe it is the near newness of the whole thing but I know that even I can probably learn it. The one teeny thing I would like (and I mentioned it elsewhere) is I would like a "tongue out" emoji. For me that signifies (particularly in the Gallery section) that I want to lick/rim/ravage the body in the pick as opposed to a mere "Like" or "Applause" emoji. There are times on the other hand that I like a pic as a photograph and not necessarily for some sexual stirring it illicits. So, I would ask that the tongue emoji be added.

It's there, right next to the sunglasses one.

:p or ? ? from my iPad emojis

May just be my laptop, or that I use Chrome, but when I hover the arrow over "Like", a bar about 3 inches wide appears below. In the very far right side of the bar, there's an emoji (the only one that appears). When I hover the arrow over it, a small blue box appears just above that I says "Angry". No other emojis appear in the bar, but I just happened to move the arrow to the left after hovering over "Angry", and small blue boxes appear as if the denote the blank space has other emojis, and what the absent emojis mean. Moving to the left from "Angry", is "Insulting", "Dislike", "Sad", "Meh", "Ad Hominem", "Verbose", "Applause", "Happy", and "Like". But, as I said, there is no actual emoji that appears within the bar other than the "Angry" emoji.

Just thought I let you all know in case others are not seeing things that are being discussed, such as tongues, and sunglasses.