If Congress let you choose the next national holiday, what would it be?

geminibear
This topic is 3079 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I would choose the day after the Superbowl of course.

Second choice is Opening Day of Baseball. All you technocrats don't get your panties in a knot. I understand that only half the teams have home stands on opening day. Every opposite year your team would be at home. Nothing better than a Friday afternoon in April sitting in a sports bar patio watching your team away from home and enjoying all the eye candy of the bar crowd.

Anybody want a sports forum? :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would choose the day after the Superbowl of course.

Second choice is Opening Day of Baseball. All you technocrats don't get your panties in a knot. I understand that only half the teams have home stands on opening day. Every opposite year your team would be at home. Nothing better than a Friday afternoon in April sitting in a sports bar patio watching your team away from home and enjoying all the eye candy of the bar crowd.

Anybody want a sports forum? :)

I would support opening day on baseball and any day in August

National Corporate Sponsorship Day. Everyone has to wear clothes with patches representing any entity which has given them money, directly or indirectly. The bigger TS he money, the bigger the patch.

You would know to whom every politician and doctor and police officer (among others) is beholden.

Given the choice, I would vote for Animal Protection Day. August would be a good month because there are no other holidays. It is time to recognize that there are other species sharing this planet with us and we need to stop being selfish about the resources. Making Earth Day an actual holiday would be an alternative.

National Connect-with-Nature Day: A day when we put away TVs, phones, PCs, and or her electronic devices and connect with nature. Examples: twinks play with bears, wolves hunt down femmes, piggies take down muscle daddies. Just another wholesome day in the neighborhood.

A good concept in theory.:cool:

I will be non observer if I have to play with twinks. :eek:

I am willing to help the wolves huff and puff and blow the little piggies houses down. Strictly in the name of patriotism of course. ;)

How about Harvey Milk Day (5/22)? Or maybe Cesar Chavez Day (3/31)? We certainly need a holiday between President's Day and Memorial Day. Here is the US we don't get Easter Monday or Good Friday.

Second choice is Opening Day of Baseball. All you technocrats don't get your panties in a knot. I understand that only half the teams have home stands on opening day. Every opposite year your team would be at home.

It's even worse than that just not being at home. This year, half of each league is starting the season with inter-league play on opening day.

National blowjob day.

This was the first thing I thought of, too!

Archived