Jackhammer is no longer with us.

Oliver
This topic is 3325 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am crushed beyond belief. Sitting here on the verge of tears but I know he would not want that. During a point in my life when I had some physical challenges, his posts were a major part of my moving forward instead of just sitting and feeling sorry for myself. THANK YOU WONDERFUL MAN!!!

I also had the privilege of enjoying this constantly fun and friendly man 2 years in Palm Springs.

I will miss him so much.

Boston Bill

was very lucky to meet him at one of the Palm Springs get-togethers - I think just last year.....we both had a big interest in old Los Angeles/Valley history and had vague plans to meet up at some point for lunch and a drive-around......so glad I got to chat with him......low-key, down-to-Earth, easy-going......he put up a good fight

He went into the hospital at peace with himself and with whatever would happen. Typical of his sense of humor, the last time I saw him, he pulled out his cellphone to show us a photo he had taken of the view from the burial plot he had bought, in case he did not survive the bone marrow transplant, to prove that Dodger Stadium was barely visible in the far distance, so he would be able to still see his beloved team play in the afterlife, in which he believed.

Rest in peace, my friend.

Guest countryboywny
He went into the hospital at peace with himself and with whatever would happen.

Isn't that the way we would all like to go. I never met Jackhammer, but from his posts I got the impression that he was truly a good man.

May God rest him.

I never got to meet Jackhammer in person, and it sounds like many others didn't either. Don't pass up chances to meet the folks on this forum. Accidents and health issues can claim any of us at any time. Jackhammer lived to the last. Let's follow his example.

T

I met Jackhammer years ago and enjoyed his company.

When someone dies I'm often comforted by these words my mother chose to put on her Mass card.

They are inspired by an Inuit legend.

Perhaps they are not the stars but rather openings in Heaven

Where the love of our lost ones pours through

And shines down upon us

To let us know they are happy.

RIP Jackhammer

Aw sheeeeeeet...! Hopefully Jackhammer won't mind that sentiment, but it was the first thing that came to me when I saw the title of this post.

I've enjoyed meeting gentleman Jackhammer on the occasions we've both been attending the Palm Springs shindig. He would hold court in the Living Room, TV tuned to sports while the party ebbed and flowed around him. Totally approachable, you could go up to him and talk about anything it seemed. He will be missed, and by all accounts has been appreciated and loved by many here.

Such very sad news. Although I never had the privilege of meeting him in person, I always loved his posts, his humor and his unique way of contributing to the posts. My prayers go out to his family and friends. We here will miss a truly great man, with whom we shared so much of our lives. RIP dear soul and may your life continue to be a comfort to friends and family alike.

DD

Archived