Jackhammer is no longer with us.

Oliver
This topic is 3322 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I met Jackhammer years ago and enjoyed his company.

When someone dies I'm often comforted by these words my mother chose to put on her Mass card.

They are inspired by an Inuit legend.

Perhaps they are not the stars but rather openings in Heaven

Where the love of our lost ones pours through

And shines down upon us

To let us know they are happy.

RIP Jackhammer

That's a really beautiful sentiment. Thank you for sharing it.

Gman

I am very sad as I read this...I had the opportunity to spend time with him both in Las Vegas & Palm Springs. He never took himself too seriously, was quick with a joke & ALWAYS treated me well.

Chatting with him at the Palm Springs gatherings was always fun as he tried to focus on the conversation, but was "distracted" by all the goings on!

I miss him already.......

As many others who never met him, I knew that Jackhammer was seriously ill, but always a model of rectitude, good humor, and CARING. I learned about the caring a few months ago when I "announced" my lymphoma. Despite being so ill himself, Jackhammer wrote me (a stranger) an upbeat and supportive note. I'll always treasure it, even more so now. Good bye, Jackhammer. I wish you only good wherever your journey takes you.

As many others who never met him, I knew that Jackhammer was seriously ill, but always a model of rectitude, good humor, and CARING. I learned about the caring a few months ago when I "announced" my lymphoma. Despite being so ill himself, Jackhammer wrote me (a stranger) an upbeat and supportive note. I'll always treasure it, even more so now. Good bye, Jackhammer. I wish you only good wherever your journey takes you.

So glad you checked in with us, Unsub.

I am so so so very sorry to hear this. The last time I saw him he was weak but positive. The last I heard from him he seemed to be better. I considered him a dear friend from my days here and even after. I still have a picture of you and him from St Augustine. May he rest in peace.

I am so so so very sorry to hear this. The last time I saw him he was weak but positive. The last I heard from him he seemed to be better. I considered him a dear friend from my days here and even after. I still have a picture of you and him from St Augustine. May he rest in peace.
KY it was nice to see a post from you. Sorry it was on such a sad occasion

I know it's a little late to respond to this posting as I've just come across this to learn that our beloved friend Jackhammer is no longer with us. Quite sadden by the news as I have had the pleasure of talking to him and emailing him here on the forum on several occasions, but never met in person which is a ashame to not have had that opportunity to enjoy his presence and character in person. He always brought a shiny and positive light here on the forum in his postings. :)

May you RIP Jack as you are well loved, and will be terribly missed, but will always and forever remain with us in our hearts and in spirit.

Oh dear God...Deeply saddened today. May his soul rest in peace, and may God bring peace to those that knew and loved him. He brought so much laughter to us all.

I'm just finding out about Jackhammer's death. [3.20.15] I happened to read in one's blog that he is no longer with us. I'm saddened; he fought a good fight during his last years on this our earth.

...first met Jack on here and then in Rio de janeiro on two occasions. When I returned to California one year, he sent me a copy of his photographs and entertained me at his home while I was driving back to my place in Monterey after visiting my relatives in San Diego one Christmas time. He and I kept in touch via emails and through this site. I shall miss him. May he rest in eternal peace. A job well done, my friend!

Archived