Canceling an appointment after getting a bad review of a provider

Go to solution Solved by nycman,

How do you cancel in a situation like this?  I had already booked an appointment but someone messaged me about the provider.  It wasn’t good.

29 minutes ago, nycman said:

"Unfortunately my plans have changed and I won’t be unable to make our appointment".

Period. Full stop.

Never complain, never explain. 

With some providers, this is when the claws come out. 😂 

3 minutes ago, KensingtonHomo said:

When is the appointment? If you're giving 24 hours notice or more, there's nothing for them to get the claws out about. 

It’s tomorrow night 

event tho it’s totally fine to cancel with 24 hours notice - this is why many providers want same day only. 

just my opinion, but appointments for a sex service,  there are just too many variables to schedule in advance.  

making & cancelling appointments for whatever reason is a huge waste of everyone’s time. 

it’s also about context - if only one person had a bad experience & the provider otherwise well vetted by client,  then could all be for nothing 

8 minutes ago, Trick said:

Just a quick note, there is a double negative in the statement.

"Unfortunately my plans have changed and I won’t be able to make our appointment".

Better?

I’ve edited the original as well, lest anyone cut and paste the error.

28 minutes ago, nycman said:

"Unfortunately my plans have changed and I won’t be able to make our appointment".

Better?

I’ve edited the original as well, lest anyone cut and paste the error.

I did cut and paste it.  I noticed the double negative before sending.  😂

I'm curious - what did your friend say about the provider?  how did your friend know you had an upcoming appointment with him?

I agree with all the above - 24 hours notice is fine, but it also may do well to send $50 Venmo cancelation fee or something to ease it over. he may have refused other bookings for you in that time slot.  from what I know of providers, they are not all seeing multiple clients every day. 

1 hour ago, NYXboy said:

he may have refused other bookings for you in that time slot.

As of the last time he texted me last night, he hasn’t even booked his hotel yet.  So I don’t think his schedule was set. 
Aside from the feedback I got, I was already getting bad vibes in my text exchange with him.

3 hours ago, Trick said:

As of the last time he texted me last night, he hasn’t even booked his hotel yet.  So I don’t think his schedule was set. 
Aside from the feedback I got, I was already getting bad vibes in my text exchange with him.

that doesn't mean he hasn't turned down bookings for you though. but go with your feelings. 

4 hours ago, Trick said:

Glad that you got out before the appointment. If I get bad vibes from an exchange with the provider, I normally trust my instinct. Not even because of anything bad happenning, but more because I will be uncomfortable throughout the session, which defeats the purpose. I also read discussions about havibg a degree of trust when something doesn't look or feel 100% right.

I wonder if you could share details? What happened? What gave you bad vibes, and what made you want to cancel?

2 hours ago, soloyo215 said:

I wonder if you could share details? What happened? What gave you bad vibes, and what made you want to cancel?

As soon as we agreed on the donation, text communication got bad.  At least two hours between replies, the longest between 8PM and 11AM the next day.

Then he planned on booking at a hotel with reported shady activity. There’s also the issue of his pricing.  300 for full service 500 with watersports. Normally I would not consider these as red flags but with PNP on his list, it gave me pause.

The feedback I got was that he asked for MUF and then left.

11 hours ago, Trick said:

As soon as we agreed on the donation, text communication got bad.  At least two hours between replies, the longest between 8PM and 11AM the next day.

Then he planned on booking at a hotel with reported shady activity. There’s also the issue of his pricing.  300 for full service 500 with watersports. Normally I would not consider these as red flags but with PNP on his list, it gave me pause.

The feedback I got was that he asked for MUF and then left.

Absolutely you made the right call. Thanks for sharing.