Why does picking a time (and really being you)have to be so difficult?

Whenever I have an entirely open schedule for a day, the massage should be my day's highlight. When I let the masseur know any time will work for me, so whatever works best for you, pick. a. damn. time. 

I first gave a time when he insisted that it was up to me. He let me know that it was way too early. I picked a time that was later by a few hours. He indicated that still was too soon in the day. If anything before noon wasn't good, last time I checked, that is half of the day. I gave a 24 hour window of time, entirely up to him. Worse, the photos he sent me were NOT AT ALL of the guy in the photos of the person I contacted, coupled with the address being in a very dangerous area of town. Abort?

8 hours ago, viewing ownly said:

Whenever I have an entirely open schedule for a day, the massage should be my day's highlight. When I let the masseur know any time will work for me, so whatever works best for you, pick. a. damn. time. 

I first gave a time when he insisted that it was up to me. He let me know that it was way too early. I picked a time that was later by a few hours. He indicated that still was too soon in the day. If anything before noon wasn't good, last time I checked, that is half of the day. I gave a 24 hour window of time, entirely up to him. Worse, the photos he sent me were NOT AT ALL of the guy in the photos of the person I contacted, coupled with the address being in a very dangerous area of town. Abort?

abort 2.gif

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, viewing ownly said:

When I let the masseur know any time will work for me, so whatever works best for you

wrong approach bc it’s way too vague.  

2-3 texts max to schedule, including your preferred time & place.  some flexibility, but not for the flakes.

a key decision point is how provider responds to inquires & ease of scheduling.  If it’s cumbersome & problematic- then you can expect that to carry through if there is ever an actual appointment. 

Edited by SouthOfTheBorder

9 hours ago, viewing ownly said:

It shouldn't be difficult.

In THIS specific case he was catfishing with someone else's pictures. 

Back to your question.... just tell him are you free at 1 PM and he'll reply saying "yes" or suggesting another time. 

Run a mile.

But next time you book, give him a time. Vague clients are problematic.

I get messages like “Hi, are you available for massage?”

Well…yes I am because that’s what I do but when?? Now?, later?, tomorrow?, next week?… Just be clear about when you want. If I can’t do it I’ll come back with an alternative. 

I see this from both sides. I have it in my line of work too.

Sometimes someone will want to meet with me. They say that and I ask when. They don’t have a specific time in mind. That can be good if I have a full schedule. I can fit them in when it suits me. This tiresome when I pick a time and it doesn’t suit them. Why didn’t you provide me parameters then?

Sometimes someone provides a very specific day and time. That can be good because it suggests they’ve thought about getting together and it will likely be a productive, goal-oriented meeting. It can also be overwhelming or sometimes impossible if I’m very busy or even committed at that time.

A potential client who has a whole block of time open asking a provider when is good shouldn’t be a problem. If the provider says pick a time, pick a time. The provider better be ready for whatever time though. The reason the client asked about when was because his time is open but if he suggests 8:00 pm, the provider shouldn’t say he can’t then. “Pick a time” suggests wide-open availability. 

7 minutes ago, Archangel said:

A potential client who has a whole block of time open asking a provider when is good shouldn’t be a problem. If the provider says pick a time, pick a time. The provider better be ready for whatever time though. The reason the client asked about when was because his time is open but if he suggests 8:00 pm, the provider shouldn’t say he can’t then. “Pick a time” suggests wide-open availability. 

I agree with this. I generally do provide a time or a window especially when I'm traveling. And if the provider isn't available, I move on. 

But if a provider says they're wide open and then declines one or two times you offer, that's a wrap for me.