Deciding how much to share in messages

How do y’all handle messages asking for details? I mean I look them up and see how long they have been here and how many posts/comments/reviews they have, but still.

”Hi. How was your session with [insert masseur]?”

”He was very thorough, good technique, was willing to vary his methods based on my preferences, did not watch the clock or haggle for a tip. He left me loosened and spent.”

”So was he accommodating?”

“Oh yeah, he had no trouble putting a condom on that horsecock of his before he plowed me blind.”

”So did you tip more than $40 for that?”

yes, their seniority and reputation in the forum is the primary thing for me......if I know them personally and know they're trusty, the sky's the limit......if they joined a week ago last Thursday, I'm very discreet and non-committal:  will only say stuff like the ol' YMMV thing, best to communicate directly, and I'll make no price mention, no chat about what may happen........some providers already have somewhat-plausible concern about the forum talking (gossiping?) so much about them........ 

Edited by azdr0710

It's unclear whether you're referring to messages publicly, like this is, a private message on here, or messages between you and an attempted encounter. 

One comment I see occasionally that couldn't be less helpful is "I met the guy on Grindr. I don't need to worry about donations." Gee, thanks. 

21 hours ago, viewing ownly said:

It's unclear whether you're referring to messages publicly, like this is, a private message on here, or messages between you and an attempted encounter. 

One comment I see occasionally that couldn't be less helpful is "I met the guy on Grindr. I don't need to worry about donations." Gee, thanks. 

I meant private messages but was too lazy to check whether the term here was that or direct messages - also on this site abbreviating as PMs coulda opened up a whole thing, lol.

23 hours ago, Lucky said:

I have received multiple DM's asking information like this from people I have never interacted with. They don't bother to introduce themselves and usually greet me, if they even do, as Hey There.

That's good to know!  Thank you. I often open a conversation with 'Hi there' as a casual salutation.  I didn't realize it might come across poorly - I hope you weren't one of the recipients of my opening.  Uh, wait, that doesn't sound right...

8 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

That's good to know!  Thank you. I often open a conversation with 'Hi there' as a casual salutation.  I didn't realize it might come across poorly - I hope you weren't one of the recipients of my opening.  Uh, wait, that doesn't sound right...

For me, 'Hi there' is fine as an opening line to a longer message. Saying just 'Hi there' and expecting a response is what people might take issue with

• 3 weeks later...

I've received multiple requests to discuss my experiences with a provider. I'm open to sharing, as long as the request doesn't come from an account created just a few hours or days before. The level of detail I provide depends on the manner of the request and the engagement of the account within the broader forum. If I encounter a question that makes me uneasy, I'll simply choose to ignore it and refrain from responding.