September in Europe. Where should I go?

m4same

I'm going to meet friends in Paris mid September.  Where should I go alone before Paris? I would like a place that is fun to explore and has a sexy culture. Glasgow? Italy? Greece? Help, please.

21 hours ago, m4same said:

I'm going to meet friends in Paris mid September.  Where should I go alone before Paris? I would like a place that is fun to explore and has a sexy culture. Glasgow? Italy? Greece? Help, please.

What have you heard about Glasgow's "sexy culture"? What have I missed on several visits? 😘

On the other hand, it IS a fun city to explore. The architecture, museums, stately homes, and nearby lochs are superb.

In Scotland, however, it's Edinburgh you'd want to visit for much more culture and history.

Edited by Marc in Calif

13 hours ago, m4same said:

Edinburgh probably more cultured if you’re going to Scotland. I’d choose Madrid, sexy, lots to see, culture, great cuisine. 

We did Madrid (and all of Portugal) in fall of 2021 and weather was good.  Madrid especially was 'sexy', more so than Portugal IMO.  Did Munich in '22 and found it to be good as well, in fact we count it as one of our favorite cities in Europe now.

Mid-September is a great time to visit Mediterranean cities/resorts as the excessive heat of July and August should have gone. 

Spain is a good choice. Madrid is a great city tho I prefer Barcelona (with Sitges nearby). The Balearic Islands are delightful then, with long sunny days; be aware temperatures on some days may reach 30C/86F.

Italy is also excellent and I like Sicily. 

On 3/6/2024 at 11:50 PM, Marc in Calif said:

What have you heard about Glasgow's "sexy culture"? What have I missed on several visits? 😘

On the other hand, it IS a fun city to explore. The architecture, museums, stately homes, and nearby lochs are superb.

In Scotland, however, it's Edinburgh you'd want to visit for much more culture and history.

Thank you

15 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

Maybe the Balkans?  Slovenia, Croatia, , Bosnia, Montenegro... I think mid-September is harvest season and wine-making time.   Weather should still be warm and without the holiday crowds :)

I hadn't considered these places.  I will now.

14 hours ago, traveling said:

Barcelona is always fascinating and fun with lots of hot guys.

I love Copenhagen …..the Danes are so friendly but you need to be outgoing to meet the Danes.  Once you start up the conversation, they are great without lots of sexual hang ups.

or Lisbon or Porto….

Lots of choices!

These all sound like good options.

14 hours ago, Jim_n_NYC said:

We did Madrid (and all of Portugal) in fall of 2021 and weather was good.  Madrid especially was 'sexy', more so than Portugal IMO.  Did Munich in '22 and found it to be good as well, in fact we count it as one of our favorite cities in Europe now.

Thanks

13 hours ago, MscleLovr said:

Mid-September is a great time to visit Mediterranean cities/resorts as the excessive heat of July and August should have gone. 

Spain is a good choice. Madrid is a great city tho I prefer Barcelona (with Sitges nearby). The Balearic Islands are delightful then, with long sunny days; be aware temperatures on some days may reach 30C/86F.

Italy is also excellent and I like Sicily. 

thank you.

Absolutely......From April til October : from april til October from 20 to 40 DEGREES celsius.....I was there in July , and it was scorching.....37 degrees.....Unlike my native belgium, Seasons are real seasons.....They have REAL winters and they have real spring and summers.....Its dirt cheap in Bucharest .....Exemple ? Metro : 0. 60 cents....The palace of Nicole Ceaucesu and his ruthles bitch of wife Elena is worth visiting.....Second largest building after Pentagone.... Classy acommodation for 50 euros???? Certaiiiiiiiiiiiiinly.....

cropped-FullColor_TransparentBg_1280x1024_72dpi-1-180x180.png Barrio - Restaurant, Terasă, Hotel

WWW.BARRIO.RO

Restaurantul Barrio este, de fapt, o vila splendida, care in trecut a fost resedinta familiei Catargiu, una dintre cele mai aristo...

This is where I stayed and it was AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAZING.....Bucarest is becoming a fashionable for europeans for is cheap prices and its beautiful buildings  A bit of Paris a bit of Rome : Very latine and charming....

And the guys are apparently vheap not that I have experiebced it but from 50 to 100 euros....

If you are into latin boys, you are in the good place.....They look a bit italian as Romania was invaded by Rome and its troops.....So you have the explaination why they look like italian......Bucarest might not be on the bucketlist but IT IS REALLY WORTH VISITING...

2 hours ago, WstVlgChris said:

Keep us posted what you decide. You never know when a fellow member here is going to be traveling at the same time. (Me, I'm considering Greece in September.  Athens + some island(s) but trying to decide which ones.)

If your dates are flexible for October, check out the Spartacus cruise.  1000 passenger all gay charter by a German group, 7 days departs from Athens October 9, 2024.  Website is in both German and English.  Visits a few Greece islands, and most likely Alexandria.  Super economical rates, especially for solo travelers.

20 hours ago, WstVlgChris said:

Keep us posted what you decide. You never know when a fellow member here is going to be traveling at the same time. (Me, I'm considering Greece in September.  Athens + some island(s) but trying to decide which ones.)

I loved Mykonos but that was decades ago.  I'm sure I would still love it.

17 hours ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

If your dates are flexible for October, check out the Spartacus cruise.  1000 passenger all gay charter by a German group, 7 days departs from Athens October 9, 2024.  Website is in both German and English.  Visits a few Greece islands, and most likely Alexandria.  Super economical rates, especially for solo travelers.

This trip is not flexible. But thanks.  Sounds fun.