Uber add-on

A few times now I have texted to set up an outcall and given my location at a central downtown hotel. The provider gives me their outcall rate and I say okay. Then they come back and want me to also arrange an Uber to and from. If you know where you are coming, then why not just give me your rate to reflect that and arrange your own? Don’t make it more complicated than it needs to be. 

13 minutes ago, peter831 said:

A few times now I have texted to set up an outcall and given my location at a central downtown hotel. The provider gives me their outcall rate and I say okay. Then they come back and want me to also arrange an Uber to and from. If you know where you are coming, then why not just give me your rate to reflect that and arrange your own? Don’t make it more complicated than it needs to be. 

I’ve had more than one provider say they look at the Uber as a form of “deposit”, i.e. if you arrange and setup the Uber it’s makes the client appear more serious/reliable. I’ve done that on occasion.

There is no reason why it should come up late in the conversation though. 

I may be in the minority on this but I systematically offer the Uber, especially with a new hire. It sends the signal that I’m serious. It also lets me know when the provider is actually on his way and gives me a real-time estimate of when he’ll arrive. All for an extra $20-30 which is not much really.

The only thing I don’t like about it is when a provider tells me he’s ready for the pickup but isn’t and makes the driver wait. I don’t appreciate having my Uber rating dinged.

5 hours ago, KensingtonHomo said:

once they know where they are, they can include transportation into their rate. But I'm not into a la carte. 

Isn't including the transport fee into the rate the same as covering the uber?

Most outcalls are more expensive to start with by providers in Canada where prices are listed on RM. So I don’t offer to pay for their transportation. In the cases where they are the same, the providers usually live in the same area as the hotels, downtown and the major cities have subways in any event. Some providers use their own cars too. They sometimes have the same rates, in or out. 

7 hours ago, NYXboy said:

Not really. The provider can estimate what transportation will cost and include it, but it doesn't involve me using my account and if the rates go up because its busy, that's not on us. 

Honestly, I find the "send me an uber" thing silly as there are plenty of providers who just hop on the train, ride their bikes over, and some have cars. 

4 hours ago, KensingtonHomo said:

Yes. And it's insane to pay for an Uber that will take twice as long and cost 10 to 20 times more than a subway ride. 

It would help to say where you're located when you describe a situation.

This thread isn't specifically about NYC. There aren't any cities in the US that have subways to take you everywhere like NYC does. Chicago is a close second. 

21 minutes ago, Marc in Calif said:

It would help to say where you're located when you describe a situation.

This thread isn't specifically about NYC. There aren't any cities in the US that have subways to take you everywhere like NYC does. Chicago is a close second. 

Many a provider or seeking.com friend have gotten Ubers here in SoCal from me.

3 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

There aren't any cities in the US that have subways to take you everywhere like NYC does. Chicago is a close second. 

And still, there are a lot of entitled providers who demand Ubers.

See how far you get if you tell your boss you need a stipend to get an Uber for work...

15 hours ago, nycman said:

Uber?….lmao
Ms. Thing, get your fancy ass on the subway….just like I do. 
Also, I don’t want some hooker fucking up my Uber rating.
I’m not cheap, but I detest wasting money and time. 

Perhaps @Marc in Calif is right that it's an NYC/DC/Chicago thing. But A list celebrities take the subway in NYC. Broadway stars take the subway. So the idea that some fit, healthy 28 year old can't take the subway is just silly. 

On 2/20/2024 at 4:13 PM, MikeBiDude said:

I’ve had more than one provider say they look at the Uber as a form of “deposit”, i.e. if you arrange and setup the Uber it’s makes the client appear more serious/reliable. I’ve done that on occasion.

There is no reason why it should come up late in the conversation though. 

Yes, a way to build trust and for the client to show he's for real. In this era of burner numbers this is required because a stalker can waste a provider's time sending all over town with fake appointments. 

1 hour ago, KensingtonHomo said:

Perhaps @Marc in Calif is right that it's an NYC/DC/Chicago thing. But A list celebrities take the subway in NYC. Broadway stars take the subway. So the idea that some fit, healthy 28 year old can't take the subway is just silly. 

Yes, most folks in town walk or take public transportation but how soon does the client want him to arrive is another issue and you'd be amazed about the demands providers receive. 

16 hours ago, nycman said:

Uber?….lmao
Ms. Thing, get your fancy ass on the subway….just like I do. 
Also, I don’t want some hooker fucking up my Uber rating.
I’m not cheap, but I detest wasting money and time. 

in NYC uber makes no sense, subway is faster. If a guy is in Midtown he can usually walk to most clients. 

Why do you usually have this mean condescending tone when you talk about providers? I know is a love-hate relationship because most of us HAVE to pay knowing they have sex with others for free but let's have some respect. 

17 hours ago, DrownedBoy said:

And still, there are a lot of entitled providers who demand Ubers.

See how far you get if you tell your boss you need a stipend to get an Uber for work...

and then you complained if the guy is 5 minutes late.... as poste above is a way to show commitment. 

On 2/21/2024 at 7:39 PM, DrownedBoy said:

Hardly confined to here. Even Grindr leads to fights over Uber rides.

No doubt. Considering the "Grindr fatigue" over fake profiles and flakiness many guys get offered umbers by someone who wants to host them.

On 2/21/2024 at 9:28 PM, NYXboy said:

Yes, but sending for a ride share also acts as a low-risk way of paying a sort of deposit.  The provider knows he's not going to waste his time traveling to an address only to arrive and have no one there.  And the client only risks a ride share cancellation fee in the event the provider does not show, rather than paying a provider a deposit in advance which is never recommended.

It's not a deal breaker for me. I don't schedule their ride but will reimburse providers in cash upon request if they are traveling to my hotel. I pay for our ride if we are traveling together for meals or entertainment. I always use the subway when visiting NYC and providers have never asked me to cover their transportation costs in the city.