Super Bowl LVIII

1 hour ago, marylander1940 said:

As if deep state conspiracy theories weren't enough:

NYPOST.COM

What happens in Vegas won't stay in Vegas during Super Bowl week, according to Joe Buck.

It's interesting that it's called Super Bowl LVIII, when it's only the 1st Super Bowl to be held in LV, not the 3rd.

50 minutes ago, SouthOfTheBorder said:

definitely, bc there will always be very stupid people engaged in very dumb things……..  haven’t you heard, Taylor Swift is a CIA asset ???

Some even think the Chiefs will win the game no matter what the 49ers do!

The betting options for the game are overwhelming - have you seen what a final score of 4 total points for one team pays? My preference of the coin toss going awry isn't a choice to wager on, and that is for the coin to get stuck in a crazy crease on the field of play, landing exactly on it's side, forcing a re-throw. 

Now that the Super Bowl is over and KC has won yet again, it's worth noting that Chiefs QB Patrick Mahommes has only lost three playoff games in his career: He lost twice to the former GOAT Tom Brady (once in the Super Bowl and once in the AFC Championship). The third loss came at the hands of that Oh so very fine gentleman on the left: The Gorgeous and multi talented Joe Burrow. As President of the CoM unofficial fan club, I am delighted to observe that this fact just makes Joe Cool even more adorable. 

Since I don't follow the NFL any more, I chose to root for San Francisco just 'cuz I think Brock Purdy is cute.  If I were a bona fide 49ers fan, I'd be devastated.  How the f*ck do you miss an extra point?!  That never happens! 

Or so I thought.  Google says it happens more often than most people think, teams miss 5.35% of extra point opportunities.  Nonetheless, I doubt die-hard Niners fans are in a particularly forgiving mood.

But who knows?  KC played it safe, going for the much easier field goal to get into overtime.  If SF made that extra point & KC had to go for a touchdown, they might have done it.  I would never underestimate Patrick Mahomes.

PS:  the ads this year sucked.

5 hours ago, BSR said:

Since I don't follow the NFL any more, I chose to root for San Francisco just 'cuz I think Brock Purdy is cute.  If I were a bona fide 49ers fan, I'd be devastated.  How the f*ck do you miss an extra point?!  That never happens! 

Or so I thought.  Google says it happens more often than most people think, teams miss 5.35% of extra point opportunities.  Nonetheless, I doubt die-hard Niners fans are in a particularly forgiving mood.

But who knows?  KC played it safe, going for the much easier field goal to get into overtime.  If SF made that extra point & KC had to go for a touchdown, they might have done it.  I would never underestimate Patrick Mahomes.

is there a specific reason you don't follow the NFL anymore?

Did you play sports in college? I'm just curious. 

10 hours ago, BSR said:

I agree about the ads. I'd say pretty much the same thing for the entertainment. And those turnovers?! The most interesting part of the entire broadcast was the overtime.