Super Bowl LVIII

First the obvious. American football coaches are Football players who became coaches and European football coaches are Soccer players who became coaches except for Ted Lasso.   American football coaches coach very big men who play positions which require very big men/. European football coaches coach men who need to be able to tun for 90 minutes or so.    

To me ithese comparisons are about as funny as if one would show a picture of The Rock or John Cena next to a Sumo and tilting it American Wrestlers and Japanese Wrestlers.      image.thumb.png.7a02ff28e6be52e0a57185ac5a35d62e.pngimage.thumb.png.afe15d9e257e4a273741fd6ae960829d.png

Edited by purplekow

7 hours ago, Charlie said:

I agree about the ads. I'd say pretty much the same thing for the entertainment. And those turnovers?! The most interesting part of the entire broadcast was the overtime.

Re: the ads, what happened to all the humor, creativity, and innovation we used to see in Super Bowl ads?  I can't believe companies forked over $7 million(!) a pop to show that boring, forgettable dreck.

Until the Chiefs' final drive, in which Mahomes showed how a master gets it done, I thought the quality of play was fairly mediocre, like both teams were simultaneously choking.  But that nail-biter overtime redeemed the previous 4 quarters.  There was a beautiful sense of inevitability in that final drive:  the Chiefs feeling a sense of destiny whereas the 49ers a sense of doom.

I understand the need for the padding, helmets, and all, but the NFL really needs to figure put how to showcase this kind of *ahem* talent ...

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, purplekow said:

First the obvious. American football coaches are Football players who became coaches and European football coaches are Soccer players who became coaches except for Ted Lasso.   American football coaches coach very big men who play positions which require very big men/. European football coaches coach men who need to be able to tun for 90 minutes or so.    

To me ithese comparisons are about as funny as if one would show a picture of The Rock or John Cena next to a Sumo and tilting it American Wrestlers and Japanese Wrestlers.      image.thumb.png.7a02ff28e6be52e0a57185ac5a35d62e.pngimage.thumb.png.afe15d9e257e4a273741fd6ae960829d.png

Too much cardio vs. too much noodles. I'd look at Cena in sumo attire any day. 

12 hours ago, purplekow said:

The obvious is that obesity is one of the greatest problems in this country! That joke is a clear example.

The comparison is not meant to be funny but tragic. An athlete can always change his diet after retiring, right? Soccer players do it and keep themselves in shape even if they no longer run for 90 mins each game. 

11 hours ago, BSR said:

Re: the ads, what happened to all the humor, creativity, and innovation we used to see in Super Bowl ads?  I can't believe companies forked over $7 million(!) a pop to show that boring, forgettable dreck.

Until the Chiefs' final drive, in which Mahomes showed how a master gets it done, I thought the quality of play was fairly mediocre, like both teams were simultaneously choking.  But that nail-biter overtime redeemed the previous 4 quarters.  There was a beautiful sense of inevitability in that final drive:  the Chiefs feeling a sense of destiny whereas the 49ers a sense of doom.

I understand the need for the padding, helmets, and all, but the NFL really needs to figure put how to showcase this kind of *ahem* talent ...

spacer.png

spacer.png

The padding and helmets bring more attention to the butt.

We can always assume they're at least average in the front. 

q9gocpn3uyo51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Edited by marylander1940
misspelling(s)

Back to subject:

Dads are bonding with their daughters who all of the sudden are interested in the NFL because of Taylor Swift! 

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The Super Bowl had an average of 123.4million viewers on Sunday night, the most watched telecast in history and the second-most watched US broadcast event behind...