How to gracefully turn down a provider?

Go to solution Solved by ICTJOCK,

I spent today trying to arrange a hook up for this week with a provider of erotic massage via email. At first, I couldnt find anyone available so I extended my quest to about six very fine candidates, knowing these masseurs very likely already knew I was on the prowl because I was using rentmasseur and I always check the "private gallery" because a beautiful cock ( cut, big mushroom glans, but not too big) is very, very important to me and this investigation into private pix automatically generates a notification of my interest to the possessor of said cock. This was great and I could almost taste my reward! Two hours later it was not so great when I realized that I now had e-mails from six great potential candidates  all waiting to confirm appointments with me for just one massage!

What to do? I could choose one and ignore the other five, but that is just plain rude and I most likely will want to spend time with some of them in the future. I could fess up via email and admit I fucked up. I could be very business like, thanK each one and hope for future meetings.I could......??? WHAT? I just want to acknowledge their responses and treat them with the respect they deserve. What do you think?

I've learned  my lesson about being more patient.

U

Edited by glennnnn

35 minutes ago, acks0104 said:

"Thank you so much for your time! I'm not quite ready to see you at this moment but will be sure to reach out to you when I have the opportunity"

No need to make it a big thing

I’ve told folks I’ve already made other plans when they get back to me  but “ I hope we arrange another time soon.” Seems to work and the person understands. I’ve learned you have to make multiple requests at the same time to ensure one of them actually materializes. 

That’s a feature of Rentmasseur I don’t use. I do get the notification that someone has looked at my profile but I never send the potential client an email in response to it. I figure that if they like me and want to book they’ll go ahead either now or at some point in the future.

I see guys on Rentmasseur making multiple visits to my profile over many years! It takes some people a lot of thinking to actually make the decision to hire. However, if I did send an email to follow up with browsers then I wouldn’t be upset if they declined to book or just ignored it. I wouldn’t worry about it @glennnnn

I agree that you are making this a bigger deal than it is.

I assume you messaged none of them -- that they first messaged you after noticing you viewed their ads?  If that's the case, then if you know you never want to meet certain of them you can simply ignore them.  You aren't required to book someone just because you looked at his ad.  If you do think you want to hire one or more of them at a later date, though, I think you can simply reply and say that you aren't prepared to meet with them now but will reach out at another time to schedule something.  End of story.

• Solution

I concur with some of the above guys.   A provider shouldn't take it personally,   I'm sure they get inquiries all the time.    I'd definitely respond and tell them you like what you have seen  (if you do) and will consider their services in the future as the need arises.     I certainly wouldn't be offended.

8 hours ago, glennnnn said:

I spent today trying to arrange a hook up for this week with a provider of erotic massage via email. At first, I couldnt find anyone available so I extended my quest to about six very fine candidates, knowing these masseurs very likely already knew I was on the prowl because I was using rentmasseur and I always check the "private gallery" because a beautiful cock ( cut, big mushroom glans, but not too big) is very, very important to me and this investigation into private pix automatically generates a notification of my interest to the possessor of said cock. This was great and I could almost taste my reward! Two hours later it was not so great when I realized that I now had e-mails from six great potential candidates  all waiting to confirm appointments with me for just one massage!

What to do? I could choose one and ignore the other five, but that is just plain rude and I most likely will want to spend time with some of them in the future. I could fess up via email and admit I fucked up. I could be very business like, thanK each one and hope for future meetings.I could......??? WHAT? I just want to acknowledge their responses and treat them with the respect they deserve. What do you think?

I've learned  my lesson about being more patient.

U

I think that providers know (or should know) that we, clients, look for more than one provider when choosing. That's why some of the websites have features for you to create a list of prospective providers. So it's not out of the ordinary that you have looked or reached out to multiple providers. There's absolutely nothing wrong with stating that at the moment I am unavailable to request an appointment, but that you will keep him in mind for the future. And yes, there will be a future interest in booking another session.

Nothing out of the ordinary in that. Yes, acknowledge the responses, especially since high chances are that you will want to try such provider in the future, and if not, it's just courtesy and good manners to do so.

The provider isn't being turned down if you aren't making an arrangement with them to begin with. Consider yourself fortunate that so many people have an interest in your business, and choose the big but not too big mushroom-headed man of your liking. See someone else another time.