Options for outcall if provider is requesting Uber or deposit

Kevin Slate

A number of massage providers have requested an Uber be sent or a deposit for the first meeting when it is an outcall.  I readily pay additional money to reimburse for travel expenses or time, but for privacy I don’t want to send an Uber or Venmo a deposit.  One provider was fine with calling my hotel and asking for my room number to confirm I was there.  Sometimes I will switch to an incall for the first visit.  But I recently scheduled an outcall 4 hand massage.  I had confirmed a visit a month prior but they didn’t show up and several hours after when the visit was confirmed said there was a death in the family — I shared my condolences and said I would try again the next month.  I confirmed a visit when back in town and at the last minute he said he needed an Uber or Venmo deposit if an outcall, even though I had been waiting for him at my hotel a month earlier when he hadn’t shown up and he hadn’t mentioned it then.   A recent review mentioned him being aggressive when the client left the provider’s apartment and needed to call the authorities — so an incall wasn’t an option.  Any suggestions for other options in the future for other providers (I am not going to try to meet with the same provider)?

33 minutes ago, Kevin Slate said:

A recent review mentioned him being aggressive when the client left the provider’s apartment and needed to call the authorities — so an incall wasn’t an option.  Any suggestions for other options in the future for other providers (I am not going to try to meet with the same provider)?

Just move on and find someone else 

The bad review was written between the time I booked the appointment and the day of the appointment.  So when the providers weren’t willing to come to the hotel I decided not to see them and won’t be trying again.  I was just using them as a recent example — providers concerned about me not showing up even though they hadn’t showed up for me a month prior.  My question is about what options there are to encourage a new provider to come for an outcall other then Uber and Venmo.

I have occasionally hired an Uber for a provider (maybe once every year).  My annoyance in doing so is I'm not familiar with the technology and it's changes and it can be annoying trying to communicate to the provider the driver name and vehicle location while figuring out the Uber app changes since the last time I used it.  But I feel confident I won't be scammed.  At least I know the provider is coming to me.  I don't worry about privacy.  I use a fake name for my Uber.

14 hours ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

I have occasionally hired an Uber for a provider (maybe once every year).  My annoyance in doing so is I'm not familiar with the technology and it's changes and it can be annoying trying to communicate to the provider the driver name and vehicle location while figuring out the Uber app changes since the last time I used it.  But I feel confident I won't be scammed.  At least I know the provider is coming to me.  I don't worry about privacy.  I use a fake name for my Uber.

Uber and Lyft let you arrange rides for others on your dime.  I believe they need to have an account at the respective company and they communicate directly with your  passenger. Sure beats "meet the black Prius in 10 minutes".  I refer to it as Uber Twinks. 

1 hour ago, Act25 said:

Uber and Lyft let you arrange rides for others on your dime.  I believe they need to have an account at the respective company and they communicate directly with your  passenger. Sure beats "meet the black Prius in 10 minutes".  I refer to it as Uber Twinks. 

I've never been able to successfully do that (pay for a ride for someone else's account).  I just pay/arrange the ride using my own account, and tell Uber it's for a friend with no Uber account.  It has worked, but it's aggrevating to figure it out because I don't do it often.

I’ve arranged Ubers for others (different situation) with my account and no personal info revealed, where I’ve been on conference calls when they can’t find each other or just multiple calls once you explain the situation to the driver and apart from that it’s been fine. 

Used to do it for an elderly relative in another country for her hospital appointments - mainly as she couldn’t use the app. Only drawback being I couldn’t use the Uber or Lyft myself until her ride was over. 

Conversely I’ve had providers (and hookups) send me links to track their own Uber rides from their accounts (I assume out of courtesy and for reassurance that they’re really on their way) but which im nervous of because I suspect that links my account with theirs (like a “Facebook friend”)