Hypocrisy in the polish catholic church

cany10011

According to one article I read, the diocese was already dealing with another scandal in which a 40 year old priest killed a 26 year old deacon with whom he had some kind of relationship, and then committed suicide. The story made national news because the bishop was forced to resign.

Edited by Charlie

He [the bishop] told churchgoers: "I apologize to everyone who is affected, sad or even upset by what has happened. There is no agreement with moral evil, and all those involved will be punished according to canon law, regardless of the verdict of a trial."

Sounds Catholic.

18 hours ago, nycman said:

The priests at Saint Patrick’s in NYC make the best Martini’s.

Trust me.  

I'm not surprised... Mormons make great bartenders and you can always buy alcohol at a Marriott. 

On 10/25/2023 at 10:05 AM, cany10011 said:
WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK

A Catholic priest in Poland faces scrutiny as authorities investigate an incident described as a 'gay orgy' that led to emergency services being called.

At least it seems the prostitute was an adult male.

Just like in the here: do as I say but don't do as I do...

At least nobody got pregnant and later had an abortion, right? 

On 10/25/2023 at 10:23 AM, Vegas_Millennial said:

I will make sure to attend this church when I visit Poland!

you don't have to fly to Poland, try any evangelical church nearby, Jesus camp, etc.

Edited by marylander1940

52 minutes ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

Or Orthodox, or Muslim, or Islam, or Atheist, etc.,

Let's not discriminate.... We're all hypocrites and occasionally do things in secret that we don't condone in public.

But what about...

But some make a living out of it while making life difficult for other gay men! 

Edited by marylander1940

22 minutes ago, marylander1940 said:

But what about...

But some make a living out of it while making life difficult for other gay men! 

If gay men are finding it difficult, my advice is to use more lube 😉

That, and other safer sex accommodations like beds or slings placed at the appropriate height, and the use of a safe word, could help reduce injuries and deaths by the participants like the subject of this thread.

Edited by Vegas_Millennial

1 hour ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

Or Orthodox, or Muslim, or Islam, or Atheist, etc.,

Let's not discriminate.... We're all hypocrites and occasionally do things in secret that we don't condone in public.

In general, I agree. However, when we make these arguments, we often misunderstand the meaning of hypocrisy. One thing is an imperfect human being that more or less often fails to live up to their own moral standards; and another thing is to live a life of double standards. 

Of course, my personal experience is only anecdotal information, but the many Catholic priests that I met and were having sex were all hypocrites on that matter. But someone who "occasionally" does things in secret that they wouldn't condone in public is not necessarily an hypocrite. 

23 hours ago, samhexum said:

And can probably take a joke.

Many priests sndCatholic brothers  take a vow of poverty.

My uncle was priest who took that  vow. When he returned to the East  Coast, his order paid for his train ticket, but not  his food 

23 hours ago, samhexum said:

And can probably take a joke.