Attention! - 20th Annual Palm Springs Weekend, 2023

Oliver

I had a great time as usual.  Oliver and David and the other people who worked on this did a great job.  Inndulge was a fun place although next year guys lets get just a bit crazier.  I have to say Tristan Baldwin's aqua speedo was the fashion highlight for me.  The food at Trio was especially good.  My favorite was the bacon wrapped dates and the pork chop in blueberries.  Free lowing wine was a pleasant surprise too.   Dane Scott must have a portrait in the attic as he seems younger each year.  It seems AzDr's hikes had a great turn out though It was hard to say from where I was lounging by the pool.  

For those who missed it this year, plan to keep your April schedule light and "had to work a lot " should never replace "had to live a little"

I remember showing up to my first PS weekend, and as others have mentioned, I too was pretty terrified. First stop was to meet a bunch of forum members at a leather store. I walked in and @David-SF came right up and welcomed me into the fold. @Ace was also there, and they helped me pick out a pair of leather pants. I was surprised and so happy with how welcoming everyone was.

I've lost count of how many years ago that was, but the weekend has become one of the highlights of my year, if not THE highlight. Even better than Christmas as far as I'm concerned!

@Oliver does a fantastic job of making it all happen and making everyone welcome. So thank you! As well as thanks to those who help out with the logistics, to @David-SF and his hunky man and adorable pups for the early-bird pool party, and @azdr0710 for organizing the morning hikes. All so much fun, and appreciated!

2 hours ago, nate_sf said:

I remember showing up to my first PS weekend, and as others have mentioned, I too was pretty terrified. First stop was to meet a bunch of forum members at a leather store. I walked in and @David-SF came right up and welcomed me into the fold. @Ace was also there, and they helped me pick out a pair of leather pants. I was surprised and so happy with how welcoming everyone was.

I've lost count of how many years ago that was, but the weekend has become one of the highlights of my year, if not THE highlight. Even better than Christmas as far as I'm concerned!

@Oliver does a fantastic job of making it all happen and making everyone welcome. So thank you! As well as thanks to those who help out with the logistics, to @David-SF and his hunky man and adorable pups for the early-bird pool party, and @azdr0710 for organizing the morning hikes. All so much fun, and appreciated!

Speaking of leather pants, a selfie today. It’s cold in the PNW!

C9AFAF3C-FF55-4521-A9CF-D9D6269340B6.jpeg

Another memorable, wonderful Palm Spring Gathering! This was my twelfth time attending and although each gathering has a slightly different vibe, the consistency of renewing friendships, making new friendships and Oliver's hospitality have always and continue to be the constants.

Edited by sf westcoaster

Dear all who attended this year - you make it what it is!  And each year is different.

Thank you to Ace, Dane Scott, David-sf, Jawjateck, jthoutex, Mike Cruise, Nate Newman, sam.fitzpatrick, sfwestcoaster, and anyone whom I've forgotten.  I could not have done it (especially this year) without all of you.  I am eternally grateful for knowing you all.

And I have a written promissory note as follows:  "I, 'Vin Marco' hereby commit to attending (the) pool party 2024 without excuse and agree to this without cercion and without reservation.  Attested to this 15 day of April, 2023 (signed) 'Vin Marco'.

I guess that means I have to come back to PS next year so that he can honor is promise!😝

I want to add my voice to the chorus celebrating the weekend in Palm Springs.  This was only my 3rd time.   But getting to know more of my fellow hobbyists each time makes each time even better.   Oliver, thank you for all that you do to make the weekend a success.  It can't be done without you.  David, thanks for the pool party on Friday -- more food and fun.  Also, thanks to all the elves that help Oliver.  I'm looking forward to 2024.

• 4 months later...
On 4/20/2023 at 6:03 PM, purplekow said:

I had a great time as usual.  Oliver and David and the other people who worked on this did a great job.  Inndulge was a fun place although next year guys lets get just a bit crazier.  I have to say Tristan Baldwin's aqua speedo was the fashion highlight for me.  The food at Trio was especially good.  My favorite was the bacon wrapped dates and the pork chop in blueberries.  Free lowing wine was a pleasant surprise too.   Dane Scott must have a portrait in the attic as he seems younger each year.  It seems AzDr's hikes had a great turn out though It was hard to say from where I was lounging by the pool.  

For those who missed it this year, plan to keep your April schedule light and "had to work a lot " should never replace "had to live a little"

Having had to miss the last few get togethers, I vowed to attend in 2024.  In fact, one of the reasons I am adding this post is to ask if next year's dates have been selected.  The reason I am asking is that the resort I always stay at (the Hacienda) unfortunately has only a few rooms and so you have to make reservations early on.  I would like to do so as soon as I possibly can.  I was hoping that this info has been hinted at and I have just missed it when reading the various posts.  Thanks.