What's your story when you offered a non-provider to be a provider?

newdad

I'm talking about when you offered someone who was not in the "providing" business to become a provider. This might have been in person (eg, bar, club) or virtual(eg,  instagram, grindr, etc.). Basically, they've never done it, but you gave them an offer they bit on. What are your success or fail stories?

Edited by newdad

There was a strip club called SWINGING RICHARDS in Atlanta back in the day. It closed last year. MOST of the guys there were VERY straight and would upsell the FUK out of you in the backroom and you got NOTHING, usually.

So, I did not go a lot unless I was with with friends who wanted to go. 

One night, a particular guy caught my eye. I chatted him up and found out we actually had a lot in common. I went back to see him several times. 

One night, I may have had a little more liquid courage than normal, and I just asked him "So, how much would it cost for you to bottom for me?"
He seemed taken aback at first, and I apologized profusely, "I'm sorry man, I didn't mean to offend you." To which he replied "no, no, it's all good. I've never done that. Kinda new here. And I've only JO'ed with another guy. Not saying no, but how about you text me and we can discuss it via text."

Long story short, my next trip into Atlanta, I got a hotel room and he came to see me for an hour. I WILL NOT ADMIT to how much I paid for this VERY STRAIGHT GUY to let me inside him...but it was WORTH EVERY PENNY. The strange thing is, I could tell he was NOT having a good time but he was VERY intent on ME having a good time – it was a weird dynamic but weird in a good way, in my favor. 

Oh boy. Where to start. These come to mind. 

My personal Grindr success rate is 4 out of 35 in my home area, and maybe 1 out of 6 in New York City.  However, there’s a small network of guys in my county that share boys that they’ve identified as receptive to generosity, so there have been about 12 guys identified on Grindr that I’ve paid for stuff.  

At a strip club, namely Adonis, I’ve only ever been turned down twice. One was when brothers propositioned me to participate in a highly regulated, over priced 3 some. But I kinda turned them down I guess. Another was when I asked Beau Montreal to go get a falafel barefoot while 3 guys came in his shoe. He said no, but another dancer said yes.

I have much better success rates in situations where I can develop trust over time rather than pounce in a moment of horny exploration than I do propositioning out of the blue. 

My ups guy is gorgeous. I planted the seeds in a joking manner. It took 4 years to get his dick pics (with face) but once I had them, I knew I’d get to suck it, and I did. He invited me to join him and his buddies at a bar when his gf dumped him. I went. He got drunk and asked me to drive him home. At his house, he goes “let’s go. I know you want it.  Don’t tell a fucking soul.”  That’s all that was said. This was after 5 years of dramatically increasing Christmas bonuses tucked in Christmas cards declaring my desires. 

I hooked up with my ex husbands straight co worker. He had just had a baby. I had just had a divorce. I congratulated him and said “baby’s are expensive, if you need anything I have some extra cash.”  He got it and took me up on my offer thrice in 19 months so far. 

I got a straight single dad to take 6 loads to his face and body at a strip club once because he couldn’t afford Christmas. 

Instagram models I’ve only tried 4 times and landed 2. There were stories that they were receptive so that success rate is a bit inflated. 

I gave a waiter 100% tip once and wrote if you wanna make REAL money, text me. I was the dude in the blue. He did. 

I left a note on the windshield of a guy at the gym’s car that was probably one of the hottest men I’d ever seen. I said I was a guy that long admired his body with my eyes and I’d love to pay for the privilege of using my hands. We texted for nearly 4 months before he caved. I just gave him a massage and touched his dick. 

Those are the ones that are fresh but there are more. 

10 minutes ago, CuriousByNature said:

Call me what you will, but some of the examples cited in this thread are really sad and seem to take advantage of people's desperation.  😔.  (Yes, I fully expect a bunch of 'eye-roll' and 'verbose' emojis)

Adults have the right to say no to anything. I’m cultivating a new boy and here’s the text message I JUST sent him. 

298EDEAE-93CD-4FAE-8E07-8344A7DAFC98.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Coolwave35 said:

Adults have the right to say no to anything. I’m cultivating a new boy and here’s the text message I JUST sent him. 

298EDEAE-93CD-4FAE-8E07-8344A7DAFC98.jpeg

I agree that adults have the right to say no to anything.  But some are unable to say no because of the circumstances they are in.  I'm not suggesting that you or others are being predatory, but 'cultivating' someone sounds like they are being trained up for a specific purpose they otherwise would not be interested in.

10 minutes ago, CuriousByNature said:

I agree that adults have the right to say no to anything.  But some are unable to say no because of the circumstances they are in.  I'm not suggesting that you or others are being predatory, but 'cultivating' someone sounds like they are being trained up for a specific purpose they otherwise would not be interested in.

By cultivating I mean investing the time and energy into a new possibility to see if there is a potential for mutual benefit. I believe what you’re describing is more in line with the word grooming. At least in my opinion.

When a man posts an ad on rentmen or seeking arrangement, they want to make money off of their body, time, etc. When they respond to an unsolicited, anonymous inquiry to gauge their receptiveness to an offer, they can crumple it up.  They don’t know if they’re being offered $20.00 or a thousand.  At that point I don’t either. 

If a guy is curious about gay sex, and someone offers him money to experiment with something he’s already considering, it becomes a win win for everyone. 

None of us are patrolling drug dens, halfway houses, or prison release programs trying to get some desperate soul with no other options. Not everyone looking for extra money is desperate. 

Edited by Coolwave35

2 hours ago, Coolwave35 said:

Oh boy. Where to start. These come to mind. 

My personal Grindr success rate is 4 out of 35 in my home area, and maybe 1 out of 6 in New York City.  However, there’s a small network of guys in my county that share boys that they’ve identified as receptive to generosity, so there have been about 12 guys identified on Grindr that I’ve paid for stuff.  

At a strip club, namely Adonis, I’ve only ever been turned down twice. One was when brothers propositioned me to participate in a highly regulated, over priced 3 some. But I kinda turned them down I guess. Another was when I asked Beau Montreal to go get a falafel barefoot while 3 guys came in his shoe. He said no, but another dancer said yes.

I have much better success rates in situations where I can develop trust over time rather than pounce in a moment of horny exploration than I do propositioning out of the blue. 

My ups guy is gorgeous. I planted the seeds in a joking manner. It took 4 years to get his dick pics (with face) but once I had them, I knew I’d get to suck it, and I did. He invited me to join him and his buddies at a bar when his gf dumped him. I went. He got drunk and asked me to drive him home. At his house, he goes “let’s go. I know you want it.  Don’t tell a fucking soul.”  That’s all that was said. This was after 5 years of dramatically increasing Christmas bonuses tucked in Christmas cards declaring my desires. 

I hooked up with my ex husbands straight co worker. He had just had a baby. I had just had a divorce. I congratulated him and said “baby’s are expensive, if you need anything I have some extra cash.”  He got it and took me up on my offer thrice in 19 months so far. 

I got a straight single dad to take 6 loads to his face and body at a strip club once because he couldn’t afford Christmas. 

Instagram models I’ve only tried 4 times and landed 2. There were stories that they were receptive so that success rate is a bit inflated. 

I gave a waiter 100% tip once and wrote if you wanna make REAL money, text me. I was the dude in the blue. He did. 

I left a note on the windshield of a guy at the gym’s car that was probably one of the hottest men I’d ever seen. I said I was a guy that long admired his body with my eyes and I’d love to pay for the privilege of using my hands. We texted for nearly 4 months before he caved. I just gave him a massage and touched his dick. 

Those are the ones that are fresh but there are more. 

You must be a good looking SOB!  Great tales.

1 minute ago, Coolwave35 said:

Not everyone looking for extra money is desperate. 

Indeed! If it doesnt feel right, I do not engage. In December a truly epic hottie I flirted with at the gym many times, told me he was desperate for money to fly home for the holidays and offered. He was very nervous and uncomfortable. I politely declined. Instead I Zelled him a gift to help him out. I offered to look at his budget with him and walked away. 

He flagged me down at the gym last week and asked if he could take me up on the offer. We met at my place for coffee and to crunch the numbers. He then made his move and we had a great time. No desperation, nerves or discomfort. I took him shopping after. He enjoyed himself. He texted me and indicated he had a great time and would like to meet again. I’m betting he’s gonna turn into a FWBs. 

Another very hot interaction I've had...

Went to eat at a Chili's with 3 friends one night. We had an EXTREMELY muscled up server. I was not out - AT ALL.

The 3 friends get up to go to the bathroom at the end of the meal. Muscle server boy comes over and I say "Hey, I hope this doesn't offend you but you are AMAZINGLY HOT!! Look, my friends have NO CLUE but I am gay. If you ever want to make a little bit more money, text me and let me know."

Gave him my number and he said "sounds good, I'll text you when I get off."

A few hours go by and I get this "Hey bud, this is ____ from Chili's. I'm down for taking you up on your offer. What you looking to do?" My reply: "best discussed with a phone call." Phone rings.

He came over the next day after the gym and I spent several months helping this guy out and he helping me out. 

Damn, that was ONE HOT ITALIAN!!!!!

Unfortunately, I've not garned the skill of hitting on straight men or even gay men for that matter.  Back in the 90's two abso-fucking-beautiful muscular men lived across the street from me.  One guy was a techie I guess, he was interviewed on 60 minutes.  The other drove a motorcycle.  I was so enamored, yet I didn't know to approach them, so I put a note on the motorcyle with my number and $ signs.  Alas . . . no luck.

I recently hinted at a guy on Grindr about an arrangement and I thought he was going to take me up on it . . . then he was gone.

Come on guys, I give excellent head, so I've been told, and I'm willing to donate to your favorite charity to give it!  Sheesh, what'a guy to do?

46 minutes ago, Milo Janus said:

Unfortunately, I've not garned the skill of hitting on straight men or even gay men for that matter.  Back in the 90's two abso-fucking-beautiful muscular men lived across the street from me.  One guy was a techie I guess, he was interviewed on 60 minutes.  The other drove a motorcycle.  I was so enamored, yet I didn't know to approach them, so I put a note on the motorcyle with my number and $ signs.  Alas . . . no luck.

I recently hinted at a guy on Grindr about an arrangement and I thought he was going to take me up on it . . . then he was gone.

Come on guys, I give excellent head, so I've been told, and I'm willing to donate to your favorite charity to give it!  Sheesh, what'a guy to do?

Maybe it would have turned out better if you had only left your number, and not included the dollar signs - no need to sell yourself short :)

On 1/31/2023 at 9:05 AM, CuriousByNature said:

Call me what you will, but some of the examples cited in this thread are really sad and seem to take advantage of people's desperation.  😔.  (Yes, I fully expect a bunch of 'eye-roll' and 'verbose' emojis)

Taking advantage of others is unfortunately a part of human nature. 

Managers take advantage of and manipulate their underlings.

Parents exploit and manipulate their children.

Politicians take advantage of their supporters.

Gold-digging women love to roll dumb men with money to lose.

Straight men feast off of young, naive women and have a specific craving for dumb virgins.

…… and in gay world, there are men who prey on young boys right at the cusp of manhood and get cheap thrills from straight guys who are in tough situations and on the flip side, there are straight men who snooker the dumb and the desperate of gay men, and there are twinks who hustle other gay men all the time. 

They key to survival is to make sure you don’t become the PREY.

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game…” 

1 hour ago, Monarchy79 said:

Honestly, there's a lot o really predatory behavior in this thread. None of this is due to human nature but the gross version of neoliberal capitalism we live under. 

People with greater financial means pressuring poor people into performing any kind of labor is exploitation. This is the kind of behavior that LibsofTikTok and other anti-gay forces use to make us look bad. Why are you helping them? JFC 

1 hour ago, Monarchy79 said:

Managers take advantage of and manipulate their underlings.

Parents exploit and manipulate their children.

Politicians take advantage of their supporters.

Gold-digging women love to roll dumb men with money to lose.

Straight men feast off of young, naive women and have a specific craving for dumb virgins.

…… and in gay world, there are men who prey on young boys right at the cusp of manhood and get cheap thrills from straight guys who are in tough situations and on the flip side, there are straight men who snooker the dumb and the desperate of gay men, and there are twinks who hustle other gay men all the time. 

They key to survival is to make sure you don’t become the PREY.

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game…” 

I agree that putting one's own needs/wants first is part of human nature, generally speaking.  But must we give in to that nature when the result is potential harm to others?  🤷‍♂️