White Lotus Returns

Snbrd

Wasn't able to watch it last night.  Can't wait to watch it tonight.  Was suprised there was no NYTimes review, I guess there's just too much content out there and they have to give space to stupid dragon shows and such.  Hope Season 2 is just as fantastic as S1.

On 11/1/2022 at 1:37 PM, SirBillybob said:

He (Theo James) sucked himself off via time travel in a previous series; now somebody else will likely need to step up. 

The Time Traveler's Wife was the series I believe.   

AS far as this show goes, I was not engaged enough to keep me awake.  So I caught bits and pieces of it while drowsing off.  I will try to watch Episodes one and 2 and see if I am more interested.  Though I must admit, I did like the sex scene and the full rear shot afterward.  Very hot body on that near senior guy.  

Edited by purplekow

• 3 weeks later...

Think that Theo James' character is trying to pull an investment scam on his university buddy.  The Harper character - yikes what a piece of work.  Valentina - the hotel manager think is a closet lesbian. Quentin - Tom Hollander character is a nice addition to the cast.  Good foil for Jennifer Coolidge's character.

It's a good concept, but the writing was stronger first season.  I feel the sophomore slump, already.

Coolidge was a nice carry-over from S1, but there's not enough to like about her character to keep her as the steady throughout this entire series.

The show is a love-letter to wherever it's being filmed (and that's always fun).  They seem to have a hard on for Four Seasons properties.

The whole show is basically Agatha Christie for people with short attention spans.

1 hour ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

Coolidge was a nice carry-over from S1, but there's not enough to like about her character to keep her as the steady throughout this entire series.

1 hour ago, WilliamM said:

We finally see young    Albie's butt

And the new guy  Jack 😁 played by Brit  Leo Woodall). Gay for pay?

The Jennifer Coolidge character should be a bit more likeable

I’m not loving Jennifer Coolidge…although I wasn’t wild about her in S1 either…she grates on me.

@WilliamM yes, nice shot of Albee’s butt👍🏻

Stunning location scenery!!

Eager to see the storyline that spirals out of Ethan and Cameron’s little bro-poke. 

Coolidge may not be quite skilled enough as an actor to take this 2nd season arc for Tonya in a less whiney direction. Scenery is stunning, but the interiors of that Villa where Harper and Daphne stayed could have been shot at a house in Whittier… 🤣

As S2 continues, it feels like the plot is lazily meandering just for the sake of the audience taking shots in the dark about what's going to happen. 

It's Hitchcock meets Albee...  On horse tranquilizers.

S1 was much more interesting from a script POV.  Better acted.  More defined characters.

There's already a S3 in the works.  I hope they return to form.

Edited by BenjaminNicholas