'Gen' on GRINDR

starman05

So, this morning I'm on GRINDR and I get this kid reaching out to me. He seems real pleasant and chill and mentions how he should be working instead of spending time on this app.

I say I take it you're looking for 'gen' right?

And he says it'd  be nice but not necessary; he's looking for cool 'older' (sigh WHEN did this happen??) guys to hang with.

With COVID and monkey pox, I wasn't up for risking an encounter right now. And of course there's always the possibility I show up at his place and he and three buddies beat the shit out of me (I know I shouldn't say this kind of stuff but c'mon, it happens.)

Does anyone have stories of how to proceed with these GRINDR guys looking for 'gen?' What am I supposed to say? Send me a rate sheet and shot of your taint? 

7 minutes ago, starman05 said:

So, this morning I'm on GRINDR and I get this kid reaching out to me. He seems real pleasant and chill and mentions how he should be working instead of spending time on this app.

I say I take it you're looking for 'gen' right?

And he says it'd  be nice but not necessary; he's looking for cool 'older' (sigh WHEN did this happen??) guys to hang with.

With COVID and monkey pox, I wasn't up for risking an encounter right now. And of course there's always the possibility I show up at his place and he and three buddies beat the shit out of me (I know I shouldn't say this kind of stuff but c'mon, it happens.)

Does anyone have stories of how to proceed with these GRINDR guys looking for 'gen?' What am I supposed to say? Send me a rate sheet and shot of your taint? 

Well, you certainly don't want to talk business on the Grindr platform.  So exchange phone numbers and then discuss like you would with any other provider.  Be respectful but to the point - nothing different. 

I've had good luck over the years with "Grindr (or previously Craigslist) looking for GEN.  Guys that would never invest the time and money in developing a RM profile, but who are just as much fun.  Yes, I've also been burned a time or two.  More risky now with all the new plagues floating around.  But there is just a certain thrill in finding the "diamond in the rough."

Question since I'm not a Grindr guy; (tried it briefly until I was at the gym drooling over profiles of 2 hot but headless guys within 50 FEET of me and via the tats was able to pick them out and see the REALITY which was WAY diff lol)   But I am considering hopping back on.

Does Grindr BAN the use of the word GEN in profiles??  And if so are there any other "catch" words to look out for that say a guy is "working"?  Thnx

41 minutes ago, Tonyko said:

Question since I'm not a Grindr guy; (tried it briefly until I was at the gym drooling over profiles of 2 hot but headless guys within 50 FEET of me and via the tats was able to pick them out and see the REALITY which was WAY diff lol)   But I am considering hopping back on.

Does Grindr BAN the use of the word GEN in profiles??  And if so are there any other "catch" words to look out for that say a guy is "working"?  Thnx

I think anything is ok on Grindr until someone reports it. I've seen "gen" and other catch phrases on Grindr. Once I made the mistake of saying something (can't remember now) and I got reported and banned. I had to beg them to let me back on (I was paying for Grindr Extra). In the US, Grindr is pretty worthless (at least where I live), but I just got back from Colombia, and I definitely got my money's worth there. It also works for me in Mexico. They were pretty up front if they were looking for money and I had no problems.

I have 'generous' in my 'about me' (or 'what I do' and 'what interests me') sections of my profile on Grindr & Scruff respectively. Nothing has come of it.

I just tried to add "gen" to my headline on Scruff & it was rejected as a banned term. 
I tried the same on Grindr, where it seems to have not been rejected outright, but we'll see.

I enjoy the finding diamonds in the grass. Two of my steadies are from Grindr. It’s less transactional than RM and more low key then Seeking. 

Interested guys will say “looking for GENtleman” or “genTLEMAN”. Or they just outright ask you in an sms. You can also use code like “will treat my guys right” or similar. Exchange numbers and discuss outside of Grindr. 

Don’t use just Gen or any form of monetary symbol. That will now get u banned.  Also depend on folks reporting u. Always a risk. 

I've had success hiring via Grindr. Both locally and in America, primarily New York. I know there was a period pre-pandemic when Grindr was going hard banning accounts that had the word "Gen" in their profiles. I'm guessing more so because people were reporting the accounts?

Anyways, when I have "Gen" in my profile I try not to keep it up for long...I treat it as a "Right Now." I also never go to their place. I host at my residence or my hotel. I'll even go the extra mile and do a few things to protect myself in case the person is coming with other (bad) intentions. 

But yes, once there's interest move the convo over to text quickly.

Obviously, one of the benefits of RM is hiring guys that are out of your league.   Are such guys equally accommodating on Grindr?

Also, one of the things I like about RM is no strings are attached.  Are the Grindr guys more or less likely to get the wrong idea?

Like I said, I’ve stuck with RM thus far, but I’ve often wondered about it.

so wait ... YOU asked if he expected generosity and he said it did not matter .. butit set off this conversation

there are LOTS of guys in our world who enjoy mature individuals ... believe me, I live in Ft Lauderdale

and while Ive encountered those looking for an incentive on Grindr, if I'm not interested they usually just go on their way ... and if i am interested, I concur earlier observations that it's a hell of a lot more affordable than RM ... 

• 2 months later...