Reacher on Amazon Prime

Guest MikeThomas

Guest MikeThomas

Damn, Alan Ritchson who plays Jack Reacher is one big handsome slab of beef and based on the flashbacks was a good kid sticking up for the underdogs and teaching the bullies a lesson.  I think I’m in lust!

PNG image.png

Really enjoyed the first episode of Reacher; I remember Alan Ritchson from Smallville as well as Blue Mountain State in which he spent a fair amount of time running around in just a jockstrap.   He was also recently in the superhero show Titans where he displayed his magnificent backside a few times.   If you look on YouTube he also has some singing videos as well as an appearance on American Idol when he was younger.

Yes, Alan Ritchson is hot! 

I’ve read virtually every one of Lee Child’s “Reacher” books. The one this series is based on is one of my favorites. Ritchson plays the Reacher character perfectly. If anyone thinks the acting is stilted or off…it’s not Ritchson…it’s Reacher!!

Just watched E1. Good show. Terrible legal. Legal "advice" on shows needs to be monitored. Example: you can NOT refuse a cavity search in prison because evidence of your original crime could not fit in there. It's for prison security. I hope no one got time added or put in the hole for repeating this.

edit: after episode 2 not sure I can handle the script. Guy's nudes are all over the internet to see without having to endure the writing/directing/"acting". His acting is good....every single other person's is awful. He deserves better.

Edited by tassojunior

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a couple of interviews with Lee Child on YouTube in which he was asked about Tom Cruise.  Child was obviously being a team player in his response, scripted even, but he said something interesting.  Namely, that most Hollywood actors are short, so that criticism of Cruise was not significant.  I once saw Cruise in person, and even with shoelifts he was really, really short.  Alan Ritchson is perfectly cast.  The series hews closely to the book.  I thought it, and Ritchson, were terrific.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Season 2 just wrapped - should release mid-2023. Supposed to be book #11 out of the dozen that have been written. The last episode was so hot - with Reacher sitting on the front porch with a skin tight black t-shirt - his “guns” were about the split the sleeves. Omg. I am so in lust with that dude. 

On 2/6/2022 at 9:31 AM, MikeBiDude said:

Yes, Alan Ritchson is hot! 

I’ve read virtually every one of Lee Child’s “Reacher” books. The one this series is based on is one of my favorites. Ritchson plays the Reacher character perfectly. If anyone thinks the acting is stilted or off…it’s not Ritchson…it’s Reacher!!

Ritchson is a tiny bit weird.  I watched a youtube video of him talking about his bipolar disorder, depression and substance abuse - he's rather intense.  He is also very religious - not exactly a born-again, but he's passionate about his beliefs.  He is also a songwriter and musician.  He has a high-pitched vibrato vocal style, like Mandy Potemkin's, that is like fingernails on a blackboard to me.  Nonetheless, it's hard for me to take my eyes off of him. 

He's most interesting when he's giving workout and nutrition tips.

On 2/6/2022 at 12:51 PM, tassojunior said:

Just watched E1. Good show. Terrible legal. Legal "advice" on shows needs to be monitored. Example: you can NOT refuse a cavity search in prison because evidence of your original crime could not fit in there. It's for prison security. I hope no one got time added or put in the hole for repeating this.

edit: after episode 2 not sure I can handle the script. Guy's nudes are all over the internet to see without having to endure the writing/directing/"acting". His acting is good....every single other person's is awful. He deserves better.

But who gets their legal advice from a TV show?  And he makes clear elsewhere in the episode that he's just improvising and not quoting actual law.   And cops only know black-letter law.  They know zip about the all the precedent generated by courts interpreting the black-letter law.