If You Are Going to Lose Your Memory Tomorrow...

MysticMenace
This topic is 936 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

16 minutes ago, BuffaloKyle said:

@JoeMendozayou lose memories all the time already! I remember asking you about a masseuse you hired for some 411 on him and you said you couldn't really recall what went on in the session! 😆

way to put me on blast, @BuffaloKyle! lol, or could it just be that the session was unmemorable to begin with?

3 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

man... how can you come up with interesting subjects like this one over and over again?

Did you study philosophy? 

I would keep in mind who's been nice and naughty to me! 

lol. YouTube. 

I was an engineering and economics guy - and not a big reader (obviously) - so philosophy would not have worked for me.

So I hit two homeruns this weekend, one an overnight with a provider I had been with before, and another with a new provider.

The first overnight one was our first time sleeping together and the second one, our first date, was a two hour afternoon engagement. 

I know we can only select one memory but if I wanted a short version (really a two hour full length film) it would be the second, and if I wanted a 12 hour extravaganza, with dinner at a lovely restaurant, three wonderful moments during the night and a warm shower together in the morning) I would choose that. 

Of course I have had other great experiences with providers and lovers, but since these last two days have been perfect in many ways, I could settle for either. 

It didn't hurt that I also squeezed in a nice visit with some family members including a lunch with three generations of us at a nice club in Toronto. 

Now onto the next adventure!

On 10/31/2021 at 4:41 PM, Rudynate said:

It was one of the best experiences of my life - making myself sit down and study eight hours every day whether I wanted to or not.   I knew two weeks before that I was going to be successful.

I waited 4 years to move to California because I had kept hearing how hard the CA bar exam is. The pass rates are very low. But I finally decided that I would go and that I would pass. Once I finished the exam (early too) I was so worried that I had missed something because the exam was not hard at all. But I did pass.

No, I didn't find it that difficult, but I was really well prepared.  My school had a mentoring program wherein they would match you with a mentor to guide your bar prep, if you wanted. I asked them to find me a real ass-kicker because I had a focus problem - - and they found me an ass-kicker.  He called me and told me that he would kick my ass and hold me to account if he thought he needed to.   I believed him - and I didn't want to find out, so I always did what I said I would do.  He was really great to look at - it almost had a BDSM feel to it.  He even gave me an occasional day off if I had been working really hard.  I knew at the end of the first day of the exam that I had it made.  

Edited by Rudynate
typo

19 hours ago, Rudynate said:

No, I didn't find it that difficult, but I was really well prepared.  My school had a mentoring program wherein they would match you with a mentor to guide your bar prep, if you wanted. I asked them to find me a real ass-kicker because I had a focus problem - - and they found me an ass-kicker.  He called me and told me that he would kick my ass and hold me to account if he thought he needed to.   I believed him - and I didn't want to find out, so I always did what I said I would do.  He was really great to look at - it almost had a BDSM feel to it.  He even gave me an occasional day off if I had been working really hard.  I knew at the end of the first day of the exam that I had it made.  

We had the same proctor every day of the exam.  They were mostly sweet older people who proctored the bar exam for something to do and the little extra cash they earned. At the beginning of the third day, mine was teasing me a little  - saying "Don't let me see you back here again."  At the end of the exam, just before they released us, everyone stood and applauded the proctors, and the proctors stood and applauded us.  It went on for several minutes - great moment.

I would say Christmas in 1994. We were all in the living room of my ancestral home digesting from dinner. Unprodded, my grandfather picked up his guitar and started strumming a song. The room got quiet. He started singing. Slowly, everyone jumped in.

Soon enough, we were about seven songs in, singing in chorus to each one. (I didn't know the songs then so I was just humming along.) In the end, we were all smiles.

My grandparents have since passed, and my extended family would move to different parts of the country. But every time we get together—an increasingly rare event unfortunately—that moment would always find its way to our conversations.

There are plenty more memories I would have wanted to keep but this was the first one I thought of.

On 10/31/2021 at 4:15 PM, WilliamM said:

Remember when I played Ed Norton ((Art Carney) in a school take off on "The Honeymooners"

I wrote the script, so had the best lines - a trick I learned on a very old Halloween  in the sixth grade

I [played Ralph Kramden in my Medical School Senior Follies.  It was the opening skit, I had to sing a version of "Kids".  I did forget one line, but managed to improvise it well enough and the entire production was a big success.