Wow! I Am Now A Newbie!

Lucky
This topic is 1017 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yeah, I got one of those "newbie" badges today too.... Have no idea WTF it is, or why I even got it...  but old Queens cant be ungrateful when they receive shit, so THANK YOU to the Academy that made this possible !  👸

And while I was posting THIS, I also just got some posting badge award for my 500th post...HUH ?

Edited by jjkrkwood

The system is hiding the ranks for now while the recount is in progress.  I posted details about this at:

The system is parsing through hundreds of millions of posts, reactions, and actions....  so far @Lucky is in the lead of 23,877 points (enough for Grand Master).  :)

2 minutes ago, Ganymede255 said:

If I understand correctly, these ranks have to do with the frequency of interaction, not with the date of registration. I’ve been registered for over 11 years, but I just now became a “newbie“.

That is correct.  It's based on interactions.  The default "starting" rank is "Newbie".  As you do various activities on the site such as start new topics, reply to topics, get/give reactions, you gain points that move your virtual rank up.  

The "Newbie" note you saw earlier was shortly after the upgrade completed, but before the system had a chance to actually go back and count all of the activity on the site over the last 20 years or so.  (That is actually STILL going on.  We're only about 65% done counting right now.)

Your rank as of right this second is "Enthusiast".  Like I said, the system is still counting all of the posts, topics, reactions, and the various things that score points based on the thread.  That's why I mentioned that for a short period of time, EVERYONE was a newbie. :D

1 minute ago, Lucky said:

One question @RadioRobWHY?

I'm not sure I understand your question...  why achievements?

The simple answer is that it is a base part of the IPB software.  It was applied this morning while upgrading to the latest version of the software which updates a few security bugs that were discovered and fixed.  

It does not hurt anything having it enabled, so I did not spend time to specifically disable it.  

3 hours ago, Lucky said:

When it rains, it pours. Over at gayguides.com where I have over 7000 posts, today I received a newbie badge!

Gayguides.com is using the IPB (Invision Community) software as well.  I applied the update before they did.  

As I mentioned before, this is a "default feature" of IPB 4.6 so this is going to happen across any site using the software.  They have to implicitly have to make efforts for it to not be used.  So don't be surprised if you see this happen on any site that uses IPB as it's back-end engine.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 8:42 AM, latbear4blk said:

So this morning I woke up to see a crown on my badge! I inferred I was now a Queen! And thought:

tenor.gif

However, when I placed the cursor on my adorable Crown, I read "Grand Master".

0cdf30ba0171fef98e421c2fdd9b3fc3.gif

I think it would be fun to devote some time to rename the ranks with a Queer Slutish inspiration. 

how about Supreme Slut?