New format

purplekow
This topic is 1095 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

4 minutes ago, Lucky said:

I know that a lot of work has gone into this, but to be honest, I hate the new format. I have been posting here since 2002 so far as I can tell, so I am used to the older format.

Sorry.

In a community of almost 10,000 people, I would not expect everyone to like the changes.  Hopefully as you get a chance to use the site more, you'll find some features you'll like more and that the new software will grow on you over time.

I appreciate the feedback.  If there is something that would be especially more useful to have back, feel free to share.  I obviously can't promise anything, but I'm happy to look into it.  

5 hours ago, Lucky said:

I know that a lot of work has gone into this, but to be honest, I hate the new format. I have been posting here since 2002 so far as I can tell, so I am used to the older format.

Sorry.

since 2002, the forum format has fully changed three or four times (or five?)......you'll get used to this one and then really miss it next time the format changes!!

Edited by azdr0710

7 minutes ago, azdr0710 said:

since 2002, the forum format has fully changed three or four times (or five?)......you'll get used to this one and then really miss it next time the format changes!!

That's literally the way of the internet.  I've been involved with website development for decades, and I've seen that happen more times than I can count.  

New things hard to get used to, especially with ole farts like me. This was a big change obviously; format, server, IT guys, the works.  It reminds me of the continual changing of prayers books in the church when I was growing up.  Everybody hated the changes, even though some revisions were correct and necessary.  Eventually we got used to it, and.....just like you said.....they changed it again......and again.  Really aggravating.  Drove lots of folks out.  I'm no different.  I get rattled a bit when the menu changes at my favorite restaurant. It's partly why the MAGA's call Dr. Fauci Dr. Flippy. Won't stick to one way (duh, they learned something new, they make new recs.) Feeling your pain in Arizona.😘

9 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

Of course that's possible. But the image of the "provider" with a pipe is a huge turn off. I doubt I would ever like that!

36 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Of course that's possible. But the image of the "provider" with a pipe is a huge turn off. I doubt I would ever like that!

@Lucky, you can HIDE those images so they dont annoy you, and when you do, the site basically looks like the Old site..   Perhaps a bit of reading thru the comments and questions about the NEW version can provide assistance and remedy all your qualms ?     Being "used to" something Old is not good enough reason to dislike something NEW....😉

Edited by jjkrkwood

3 hours ago, Lucky said:

2 hours ago, jjkrkwood said:

@Lucky, you can HIDE those images so they dont annoy you, and when you do, the site basically looks like the Old site..   Perhaps a bit of reading thru the comments and questions about the NEW version can provide assistance and remedy all your qualms ?     Being "used to" something Old is not good enough reason to dislike something NEW....😉

@Lucky click this icon and you’ll get similar look to prior

spacer.png

19 hours ago, RadioRob said:

In a community of almost 10,000 people, I would not expect everyone to like the changes.  Hopefully as you get a chance to use the site more, you'll find some features you'll like more and that the new software will grow on you over time.

I appreciate the feedback.  If there is something that would be especially more useful to have back, feel free to share.  I obviously can't promise anything, but I'm happy to look into it.  

Your command of diplomacy is stellar.

P.S.  I'm loving what you have done here.

There was a comment up-thread about a particular image that the poster thought not ideal. That may be so, but it doesn't imply a broader dislike of the images used on the opening page. I don't have an issue with the pipe-smoker as the image for 'ask a provider' but I understand that some members may not like it. If you are one of them, suggest a replacement!

16 minutes ago, SuenosAmor said:

Looks good. I like all the new features.

The images aren't needed because they take up too much space on the page (more scrolling) and give the site a corporate feel. But it's fine. 

Once again, THOSE images can be HIDDEN......

I've certainly tried, but I can't find a way to find a list of my old posts (ignoring 'like's I've received and all).....back in the olden days, there was a "find your content" link (or similar) in my profile.........sorry to bother......thanks, as always, for your hard work

Any of the images on the home page can be easily swapped. If people dislike the default stock images, feel free to suggest one. In order to avoid copyright issues, find one using the “Insert Stock Photo” option under the Other Media button. 

Nice job to the team who did the upgrade.  Amazing that all the data carried over.

For those who prefer the old system, remember that security from hacking was one of the motivations for the upgrade.  The older site was not getting security patches. 

I'm a bit like Lucky in that I found the images off-putting and taking up too much space. I'm a print oriented type on the Internet probably because I read so much printed material and rarely watch TVor movies. I do enjoy the forums where pics are the main feature, as contributed by posters.

So I just disabled the images as RadioBob suggested. Suits me.

On 5/23/2021 at 9:14 AM, jjkrkwood said:

Thanks, @jjkrkwoodfor that info. I have followed that advice, as well as that of @MikeBiDudeand erased the pictures. Now I am a happy camper again1

Edited by Lucky
fg