COMING SOON: New Forum Organization

RadioRob
This topic is 1088 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major helpful suggestion : lock the traveling providers section. When comments are allowed, the person doing the traveling isn't the person seen anymore. I've sent countless PM tips to desirable people who placed info, only for it to be gone due to fawning fans. They then have to post something AGAIN for their name and info to show up again. (And again after further fawning fans).

Hmm. The last time I got an email from anyone asking me to send them Amazon gift cards instead of money--a couple of months ago--it turned out that someone had hacked her email, got her contact list, and targeted me as someone likely to help her that way. I just don't think of Daddy as someone asking for Amazon gift cards.

Hmm. The last time I got an email from anyone asking me to send them Amazon gift cards instead of money--a couple of months ago--it turned out that someone had hacked her email, got her contact list, and targeted me as someone likely to help her that way. I just don't think of Daddy as someone asking for Amazon gift cards.

Your skepticism is completely reasonable. Fraud by gift card is one of the fastest growing/most common scam methods in the world today and everyone should absolutely be extremely careful. But unless the scammer in question was hding under our table by the Canyon Club pool at the April Palm Springs weekend a few years back, I know the conversation I was having was indeed with Daddy.

I've made some changes based on feedback given.

Updated 5/5:

• Announcements
    • Site News *

[*]General Discussion

• The Lounge
    • The Cabana

[*]Daddy's Den

• The Deli
    • The Spa
    • Ask A Provider
    • Male Strip-Clubs
    • Fetish Forum

[*]Media and Entertainment

• Political Issues
    • Movies
    • TV and Streaming Services
    • Music
      • Lincoln Center (Opera) *

[*]Live Theater and Broadway

[*]The Gallery

[*]The Sports Desk

[*]Literature

[*]Destinations

• Traveling Providers
    • Traveling Members
    • The Americas **
    • Europe
    • Africa/Asia/Australia
    • Street Scenes

[*]Back Office

• Tech Talk
    • Features and Feedback *

* New forum to be created.

** Expanded from South America to all North/South America travel outside of the US

I love these proposed changes ???

I've made some changes based on feedback given.

Updated 5/5:

• Announcements
    • Site News *

[*]General Discussion

• The Lounge
    • The Cabana

[*]Daddy's Den

• The Deli
    • The Spa
    • Ask A Provider
    • Male Strip-Clubs
    • Fetish Forum

[*]Media and Entertainment

• Political Issues
    • Movies
    • TV and Streaming Services
    • Music
      • Lincoln Center (Opera) *

[*]Live Theater and Broadway

[*]The Gallery

[*]The Sports Desk

[*]Literature

[*]Destinations

• Traveling Providers
    • Traveling Members
    • The Americas **
    • Europe
    • Africa/Asia/Australia
    • Street Scenes

[*]Back Office

• Tech Talk
    • Features and Feedback *

* New forum to be created.

** Expanded from South America to all North/South America travel outside of the US

I would wonder if the "Lincoln Center (Opera)" category should just be "Opera" - so that it's not just Met-centric and doesn't potentially include the theatre portion of LC? And perhaps Opera could be its own category instead of a sub-topic under Music? Otherwise, thank you for all of this. :)

Of course, it was Daddy. And I am sure because he commented on the card I sent with the money

Thank you @RadioRob, and everyone else who have been working so hard to keep this forum up, and running - not to mention improving it ??

I just read in the times Broadway will open in September, according to Cuomo.

Just the latest “whip it out and measure” moment between Cuomo and deBlasio. DeBlasio came out a week before with a planned July 1st open everything plan, and Cuomo being Cuomo couldn’t help undercutting deB with the May 17th and 19th dates.

As it stands, if a theatre can operate under the CDC guidelines, they can open. That may mean some smaller venues will offer live music, comedy, spoken word type shows much sooner than the September target the Broadway theatres are hoping for.

As I said in another post, not sure how financially sustainable it can be for a Broadway theatre to open a show while maintaining the 6 ft social distancing. Perhaps they’re all hoping for new CDC guidelines by September. Either that, or they may take Cuomo’s advice about limiting attendance to only those who have been fully vaccinated, thus eliminating the social distancing requirements,

Anyway, apologies for that detour, back to giving thanks to all you gents who are working on keeping this place open!!! ?

Update: 5/6/21

I plan to start reorganizing/creating new forums tomorrow. Based on popular request, I'll leave Opera as just itself. (I thought about calling it "Not Until the Fat Lady Sings", but I thought might be pushing it.)

Thank you!

(I'm sure we can have a heated discussion about fat shaming in the current opera world later on... :oops:)

Update: 5/6/21

I plan to start reorganizing/creating new forums tomorrow. Based on popular request, I'll leave Opera as just itself. (I thought about calling it "Not Until the Fat Lady Sings", but I thought might be pushing it.)

Thank you!

(I'm sure we can have a heated discussion about fat shaming in the current opera world later on... :oops:)

I wonder what Ardis Krainik would think?

We could call the Opera Forum "Ardis's Place - a Pavarotti-FreeZone" in her honor.

Update complete.

I like it. The new groupings make sense to me and may direct members to posting in the appropriate forum more effectively.

I did laugh though when I saw Comedy and Tragedy right below Politics. Sometimes they all seem the same to me. ;)