“F*** this place:” Southwest pilot caught on hot mic ranting about the Bay Area while flying out of SJC

FreshFluff
This topic is 1107 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I thought it was pretty funny, though pilots are not supposed to chit chat before the plane reaches 10K feet. I wonder what happened on the ground that prompted this. Mask rules? Got rejected by someone who drives a Hyundai?

The interviews with earnest passengers are funny too.

Edited by FreshFluff

Southwest has made a Statement about the Incident, which they are very Sorry about.

״Our corporate Culture is built on a tenet of treating others with concern and dignity and the comments are inconsistent with the professional behavior and overall respect that we require from our Employees, This situation was an isolated incident involving a single Employee and not representative of the nearly 60,000 hardworking, respectful People of Southwest Airlines."

Southwest has made a Statement about the Incident, which they are very Sorry about.

״Our corporate Culture is built on a tenet of treating others with concern and dignity and the comments are inconsistent with the professional behavior and overall respect that we require from our Employees, This situation was an isolated incident involving a single Employee and not representative of the nearly 60,000 hardworking, respectful People of Southwest Airlines."

thanks For that.....I see corporate Capitalization of Important words Rubbed off On you, too!!......:p

• 2 weeks later...

WTF is up with Southwest pilots?

DALLAS -- Federal authorities have charged a former Southwest Airlines pilot with indecent exposure for an incident they say occurred during a flight last August.

Michael Haak was the pilot in command of the plane during a flight from Philadelphia to Orlando, Florida, according to a one-page filing in federal district court in Maryland.

According to the document, which was dated Friday, Haak exposed his genitals in acts that began, continued and ended while flight 6607 on Aug. 10 was in the air. The document did not indicate the circumstances and who might have witnessed the incident.

A Southwest spokeswoman said no passengers witnessed the incident; the pilots were the only people aboard aware of the incident.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/southwest-pilot-accused-indecent-exposure-flight-76882051

Those fucking weirdos from Silicon Valley gave him internet, Facebook, hookup apps, email, etc.... they also vote to keep his pension, healthcare and social security. He's not only resentful but he's also an ungrateful ignorant!

I thought it was pretty funny, though pilots are not supposed to chit chat before the plane reaches 10K feet. I wonder what happened on the ground that prompted this. Mask rules? Got rejected by someone who drives a Hyundai?

The interviews with earnest passengers are funny too.

He was simply trying to out Christian, our conservative, out patriot and out family value others without moving his ass from the chair! I'm telling you now his life won't end pretty if he's so envious of successful people.

Maybe he shouldn't own an iPhone and go back to using a payphone... those weirdos like Steve Jobs invented them...

probably tried to order some good ol' Texas-style chicken fried steak (certainly not "country" fried steak!) before the flight and all they had was organic kale juice and locally-sourced heirloom tomatoes......

at least he made fun of Californians driving cars instead of taking the train, walking, riding a bike and other evil unhealthy behavior.

Southwest is Low-Cost right? I hope they are not cutting back on their budget by not performing regular drugs and mental health checks.

Yes redneck Air, I also remember when they bought Air Tran that was called Air Trash.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to fly with a pilot filled with all that rage & hate. We are talking safety here peeps!

Shame on SW if he isn't fired.

wp2224712.jpg

Maybe it's a difficult airport so that landing and/or takeoff are more challenging. I havent been to San Diego in a long time but I used to think landing there was positively scary.

“F*** this place:” Southwest pilot caught on hot mic

I thought it was pretty funny, though pilots are not supposed to chit chat before the plane reaches 10K feet. I wonder what happened on the ground that prompted this.

probably tried to order some good ol' Texas-style chicken fried steak (certainly not "country" fried steak!) before the flight and all they had was organic kale juice and locally-sourced heirloom tomatoes...

So much for "Southwest Luv."

I don't want to fly with a pilot filled with all that rage & hate. We are talking safety here peeps!

But what did he REALLY mean by what he said? I'm sure the Qanon fans can pick it apart and get back to us...

I imagine Southwest HR is pondering psychological profiling techniques. :D

2092775.jpg

Maybe he shouldn't own an iPhone and go back to using a payphone...

2092689.jpg

Wasn’t there a pilot a few years ago that purposely crashed a plane killing more than 100 people onboard? Afterwards we learned he had been struggling with his mind for a while. Shane should be grounded and not allowed to fly again unless a bunch of professionals with big liability insurance policies say otherwise. As with bad cops, I think hiring processes stink. Rage like we heard from this pilot was likely evident before. I am not flying on a Southwest flight.