$500,000 for a watch⌚️???

bigjoey
This topic is 1109 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea that you could buy new watches for $500,000?. Clearly, I need an upgrade to my social circle?.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/05/a-look-at-the-500k-richard-mille-watch-stolen-in-beverly-hills/

Personally, I've never needed a level of watch function or style beyond a simple $20 Timex, but there are many people who evidently consider expensive time pieces worthy of their investment. And I understand there is a lively market for rare and limited edition watches amongst collectors.

While tennis players usually don't wear a watch during matches, Rafa Nadal wears Richard Mille timepieces, which run $725K-775K. The crazy thing is that he has lost one (did he have insurance?), one got stolen (later recovered), and almost lost a third (found by another player in the locker room. I guess if you're not paying for a watch that costs 3/4 of a $million, you don't have to be that careful with it.

While tennis players usually don't wear a watch during matches, Rafa Nadal wears Richard Mille timepieces, which run $725K-775K. The crazy thing is that he has lost one (did he have insurance?), one got stolen (later recovered), and almost lost a third (found by another player in the locker room. I guess if you're not paying for a watch that costs 3/4 of a $million, you don't have to be that careful with it.

hopefully he does not wear them at Wimbledon. coz I think Rolex is still a major sponsor of that grand slam, right?

Personally, I've never needed a level of watch function or style beyond a simple $20 Timex, but there are many people who evidently consider expensive time pieces worthy of their investment. And I understand there is a lively market for rare and limited edition watches amongst collectors.

Up until I got an Apple Watch in January of 2020, I wore a $19.95 Timex. It was about 15 years old and I had changed the battery every few years.

I had no idea that you could buy new watches for $500,000?. Clearly, I need an upgrade to my social circle?.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/05/a-look-at-the-500k-richard-mille-watch-stolen-in-beverly-hills/

I bet Warren Buffet would have one at his fabled Borsheim’s jewelry store for sale. He would probably have it sent out to you in Beverly Hills on consignment ?

I think I saw a knockoff on AliBaba for $22.00

$22.80

Min. Order : 300 Pieces

$19.80

≥1000 Pieces

OEM Richard Milles Model Lab Diamond Set Quartz Mens Custom Logo White/Black

https://m.alibaba.com/product/62550835709/OEM-Richard-Milles-Model-Lab-Diamond.html?__detailProductImg=https://s.alicdn.com/@sc01/kf/Hf35c3770cc0444f1ae98a5e11e7236ab4.jpg_200x200.jpg

500K is completely out of my league, but I have two at a much lower affordable price bracket. I consider them pieces of art and most importantly I enjoy wearing them. One is a classic and classy Rolex, graduation present from my father. The other one, again a Rolex, is a large gold and green watch, completely not my usual style, but love at the first sight. It is like a piece of jewelry. I make sure to wear it only with t-shirts and jeans, never with jackets and suits. A good friend says it's my F**k You Rolex. :D

Edited by The_Impeccable_G

I don’t wear a watch anymore. I have a Rolex around here somewhere...it was my dad’s. I suppose I could sell it, but it has sentimental attachment for me. Watches used to be cool to me, but now I’m satisfied simply knowing the time.

I’m happy with my understated Tag Heuer with the black rubber band. I have a pink gold Jaeger Reverso and a stainless Jaeger, neither of which I wear much. I recently sold a Royal Oak for about what I paid for it. No more fancy watches para mi.

I wear a $20 Casio watch while I play tennis. I'm usually the only one on the court wearing a watch, so everyone is always asking me the time.

My dream watch if I ever win the lottery is a Patek Philippe grand complication that is around $190k usd. What can I say I’m a bit of a watch hore...

edit: if I add the “w” to hore it changes the word to asterisks. Is this new? How strange...

What can I say I’m a bit of a watch hore...

edit: if I add the “w” to hore it changes the word to asterisks. Is this new? How strange...

Baby, you‘ve been around here long enough to know the mythology of this site.

But for the new kids......

I believe the original software this site used had a filter for banned words.

As with most early programming there was a flaw....the field couldn’t be left blank.

So Hooboy chose the word w-h-o-r-e....as an inside joke....and the rest is history.