If You Could Have Dinner With Any Three People, Living or Dead, Would You Take Uber or Drive Yourself to The Restaurant?

rvwnsd
This topic is 1157 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd uber it so I could have a cocktail or a few glasses of wine.

I’d drive myself and valet (although the pandemic has seemed to kibosh valet services...)

I didn't know Denny's had valets or wine... that shows you how often I go out for fine dining.

I didn't know Denny's had valets or wine... that shows you how often I go out for fine dining.

You really should upgrade to Cracker Barrel... ;)

I'd uber it so I could have a cocktail or a few glasses of wine.

If you could have dinner with 3 people dead or alive who would you pick?

Rose Nylund: it would be hard not to invite my 3 best friends Blanche, Dorothy and Sophia, but could Jesus stop by for dessert?

I usually go walking to have dinner with friends unless it's summer and they're more than a mile away but in the winter and with time I've walked from DuPont Circle to Capitol Hill.

Why three people?

That's how the question is usually asked? 3 (or in this case 4) is not always company

Edited by marylander1940

Is this a record for the longest thread title ever? But it still doesn't contain enough contingent information, such as: Which of us gets to choose the restaurant? Who pays the check?

Jane Austen would never meet a strange man for a dinner date alone; she would insist on bringing along her father or one of her brothers. I would have to arrive in a barouche for them to find me socially acceptable.

Ben Franklin and I would both arrive on foot at the City Tavern.

I would take the Metro to meet James Baldwin for dinner at a bistro in the Marais.

Edited by Charlie

If you could have dinner with 3 people dead or alive who would you pick?

Rose Nylund: it would be hard not to invite my 3 best friends Blanche, Dorothy and Sophia, but could Jesus stop by for dessert?

I usually go walking to have dinner with friends unless it's summer and they're more than a mile away but in the winter and with time I've walked from DuPont Circle to Capitol Hill.

That's how the question is usually asked? 3 (or in this case 4) is not always company

Could we drop Dorothy and invite Bette Davis instead?

Is this a record for the longest thread title ever? But it still doesn't contain enough contingent information, such as: Which of us gets to choose the restaurant? Who pays the check?

Jane Austen would never meet a strange man for a dinner date alone; she would insists on bringing along her father or one of her brothers. I would have to arrive in a barouche for them to find me socially acceptable.

Ben Franklin and I would both arrive on foot at the City Tavern.

I would take the Metro to meet James Baldwin for dinner at a bistro in the Marais.

I believe the City Tavern is closed now, @Charlie If so, I will miss it.

Cracker Barrel? Why not Chick Fil A? They both discriminate against gays.

It wasn't a political statement...but don't knock it 'til you try it ;)

@Unicorn, you may be missing the point

Oh, dear. You're missing the point that I was joking... :rolleyes: Obviously I didn't really think this was about dining with skeletons or corpses....

Oh, dear. You're missing the point that I was joking... :rolleyes: Obviously I didn't really think this was about dining with skeletons or corpses....

That's why I told Judy Garland and Noel Coward to stay home and concentrated on Ryan Phillipppe instead. At least Ryan is very much aware.