Man or dog?

purplekow
This topic is 1161 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

With the bad weather gripping much of the country, I am posing a hypothetical question. You are home alone on a very Cole snowy night and you hear some noise outside your door. You open the door and there is a large, friendly dog shivering in the cold. Do you offer it shelter in your home? Now change the scenario and there is a large, friendly appearing average looking man at your door. Do you offer him shelter?

I am sure about the dog, that is a yes. the man, well I may have to call the police and tell him to wait in my garage.

So which are you going to be kinder to, man or beast?

While I like dogs, not a fan of large ones. However, I would maybe put it in my insulated garage or some room I didn't care about in case it destroyed things.

I like men too. haha. But in this day and age, you don't know if the guy will slit your throat at night, etc. Now, if this is all fantasy then in my fantasy the average guy is harmless and has a shaved set of balls and uses my shower and I forget to give him a towel right away.

I watched every season of Criminal Minds. I wouldn't even answer the door for the man.

The dog, no question.

Forget any fictional series, just read the newspaper. Through the door, I would ask the man what he wanted and see if there were some way I could help him, but I wouldn't let him in. Maybe his phone died & he just needs to make a call, or maybe he's planning to kill whoever answers the door.

The dog? Let him in, feed him, play for a good long stretch, set up a makeshift bed for him, then take him to the shelter in the morning.

Dogs don't have ulterior motives when they're in distress and actively seek help, so I'm a lot more willing to welcome one into my home. I can't keep one for a long time, for health reasons, so it's unfortunately going to the shelter as soon as weather conditions improve (and the dog's been given warmth, a meal, and sufficient time to rest).

Another man, on the other hand, might sound like a fun idea on paper, but I don't want to appear in the next day's paper with the headline "Charitable gentleman murdered in cold blood."

The most I'm willing to do is to give him a warm coat (I have a few for-donation coats that I won't miss if he takes one with him) and call the police for him as he waits outside.

Dogs don't have ulterior motives when they're in distress and actively seek help, so I'm a lot more willing to welcome one into my home. I can't keep one for a long time, for health reasons, so it's unfortunately going to the shelter as soon as weather conditions improve (and the dog's been given warmth, a meal, and sufficient time to rest).

Another man, on the other hand, might sound like a fun idea on paper, but I don't want to appear in the next day's paper with the headline "Charitable gentleman murdered in cold blood."

The most I'm willing to do is to give him a warm coat (I have a few for-donation coats that I won't miss if he takes one with him) and call the police for him as he waits outside.

Ten years ago I took in a stray dog who was wandering the street one block away from my house. I saw he was abandoned, collar but no tag, and took him home with me and my other dog, who was on the walk with me.

I fed him and gave him water which he vacuumed and yes, he did shit on my dining room carpet. I cleaned up and kept him the night. My dog didn’t mind the company of the strange dog, and both were about the same size although the foundling was obviously underweight for his size.

The house was quiet all night and I found the dog to be friendly and house trained after his initial accident which I put down to nerves.

Long story short, I still have the dog, my other one died 2 years ago, and I love this dog every day more than the last.