The most boring day of the year is upon us.

samhexum

On 2/7/2021 at 2:13 PM, samhexum said:

I was actually accepted to the Wharton School of Business at UPenn but, you know, who would want to move to Pennsylvania? ????

If you had applied to the 'collge'  at Penn and been accepted,  lucky you.

You might have read Jimmy Baldwin and listened Joan Baez.

-the college"   was the liberal arts school at Penn

9 minutes ago, Charlie said:

I don't remember how the Phillies got into the playoffs. The Eagles were favored to win the Super Bowl, and they had the lead or a tie in the game up to the last minute.

Most Phillies fans remember how the Phillies surprised everyone  by getting to the World Series. The team swept the Cardinals in St. Louis in the first round and kept winning

19 minutes ago, Charlie said:

I don't follow the Phillies any longer, since I don't get Phillies broadcasts now, because I live in California; I can only watch them play if they make it to a final match to get into the WS.

One can  buy an entire season of games to specific baseball teams for a relatively low cost (gay $ 65)

I chose the Cardinals this past season to watch Albert Third baseball Nolan Arenado play plus Albert Pojols

4 hours ago, WilliamM said:

One can  buy an entire season of games to specific baseball teams for a relatively low cost (gay $ 65)

I chose the Cardinals this past season to watch... Nolan Arenado play plus Albert Pojols

Don't forget that Harrison's booty played a part in your choice, as well as The Adorable One's face and Albert's beefy thighs. And I get why they'd charge gay men more, since we get the added pleasure of watching all those young lovelies in their tight uniforms, but just out of curiosity, what's the straight price?

File:Albert Pujols stance.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Homer Simpson Drool GIFs | Tenor Homer Simpson Drool GIFs | Tenor 

Edited by samhexum
for shits and giggles

On 2/6/2021 at 11:17 AM, Charlie said:

I stopped watching pro football when I no longer lived in a city with its own team; it's hard to get excited about any team in southern California. Tomorrow is Monday in Australia, so I will be watching the first day of the Australian Open on Tennis Channel.

This is kind of the conundrum with Missouri. St. Louis lost their Rams, and now Kansas City is the only pro football team in the state. Kansas City and St. Louis have this weird rivalry against each other. Similar to Miami and Tampa when I lived in Florida. But both cities have their own team. Even Jacksonville had to get the Jaguars.

They could just rename them “Missouri Chiefs” But Kansas City would protect that name forever, plus it would alienate the Kansas market (the stadium is in Missouri). The chiefs will not be branded as a universal St. Louis/KC team.

Also St. Louis folk seem more into the cardinals baseball, at least now. But they did make headlines being the 1st team with openly gay player, Sam what’s his name. But they failed the city by moving it to Los Angeles.

It would be nice if the revenue generated by the Kansas City brings in more business, but lately it’s been void and hasn’t brought in any extra prospects. Perhaps it’ll come after the fact. 

6 hours ago, Jarrod_Uncut said:

But they failed the city by moving it to Los Angeles.

But I am old enough to remember when the Rams were the original Los Angeles Rams at the Coliseum, and everyone there felt that they had betrayed the city by moving first to Anaheim, and then to St. Louis, which was owner  Georgia Frontiere's home town.